Watch: Caitlyn Jenner Docuseries First Promo

I Am Cait Season Finale Review

UPDATE: The promo received more than 4.5 million views across E!’s digital and social platforms within its first 24 hours of release.

E! has released the first promo and title for the upcoming Caitlyn Jenner docu-series, “I Am Cait.”

“So many people go through life and they never deal with their own issues. No matter what the issues are. Ours happen to be gender identity,” Jenner says in the one-minute promo. “How many people go through life and waste their entire life because they never deal with themselves and be who they are?”

The eight-part show, which premieres July 26 at 9 p.m., follows Jenner’s life after her transition from male to female.

“Isn’t it great that maybe someday you’ll be normal? Just blend into society?” she asks in the promo. “Put it this way: I’m the new normal.”

Caitlyn Jenner, formerly known as Bruce Jenner, made her debut as a woman on the cover of Vanity Fair on Monday.

“I’m so happy after such a long struggle to be living my true self,” Jenner wrote in her first tweet. “Welcome to the world Caitlyn. Can’t wait for you to get to know her/me.”

1. Jeanine Bennett says:

“I’m the new normal”. Makes me just want to smear his lipstick right off his face. Idiot ! :-/

2. daryl says:

you GO girl!!!! THere is a grey area and anyone who does not live there believes it exists. Proud of you for comforting people who have been called cruel names their entire life like “freak” etc.
    You look marvelous Caitlan and I pray every night people in my life would be honest instead of creating unease and making people around them feel paranoid and jealous for a life style they live in secret .

3. Deana says:

I’ve never been one to keep quiet when it comes to controversy that involves principle! Delete button is there if you can’t be disagreeable or agreeable as adults but this HUGE NEWS FLASH…. Bruce Jenner now called Caitlin Jenner transformation or Miley Cyrus as bi- sexual and others….. Who Cares what anyone’s sexual preference is? I do know God is not appreciated very much after going to the trouble of taking a rib from “The Man, Adam” because not good that he should be alone and gave to “The Woman, Eve so Man would have a help meet so Where is the appreciation God deserves? Why these self centered and selfish people want to have the idea “They are born different with disorders so therefore God will overlook their sin whether in Fornication or Adultery? What is the world coming to? Are we looking at being destroyed as Sodom and Gomorrah were? Peaceful Comments always welcome!
    — feeling confused.

4. David says:

Given that most of the nasty mean spirited comments against Jenner are being posted by women. Why on earth would he want to transition into what must be such a small minded, uneducated and judgmental gender. Educate yourselves ladies, on Genetics, Psychology and social history, and then maybe make your nasty religious based commentaries. What the hell is normal? Whom is the arbiter of Normal? You? Or is it the church going, gun toting, Republican voting patriot. Who thinks it’s Ok to hit his wife and ‘feel up’ his nieces behind closed doors? A lot of people down’ Alabamy way’ consider that kind of behavior normal. Or so I’m told.

• Stacey says:

Honestly, cross-dressing, transgendered men feel to me to be some of the absolute most disrespectful people toward women and femininity. It has nothing to do with educating oneself to know that, as a woman, it is an utter insult when a man feels that he can cut off his genitals, put on a dress, and, somehow, he becomes a woman. Women are so, so much more than this!

5. Karen Singer says:

If you stay silent, live and let live, you are labeled as a “hater.” I feel sorry for him, but doesn’t mean he’s normal. This liberal society will endorse anything that decimates the traditional family.

• mklovesiam says:

Our society has not fallen to the degree of which it seems. The media is only displaying one side of thought. When you speak to your friends, how many are in agreement with these abominable lifestyles? How many fathers or expectant fathers have peace or would be accepting of this homosexual lifestyle?
      Frankly, even this “transgender” theme is still about homosexuality.”Bi-sexual” still homosexuality.The truths are hidden and the lies are being broadcast.
      There are more than 340 MILLION people in America, they poll a select 1,500 or so then broadcast headlines that say “most Americans.” Please, most Americans hate this stuff. Read most of the comments on these articles and you will see, we are definitively NOT mostly for this filth.

6. Ned T. says:

Mentally ill is the new normal?

7. Dena says:

Caitlyn you look Beautiful and Happy! I am so proud of the support from all the kids.

8. Sandra says:

Thing is… everyone is saying he can finally be his ‘authentic self’. Really? We call women fakes when they have their boobs done, alter their faces with plastic surgery, and wear half a pound of makeup, yet this guy has done all of this and more and he is ‘authentic’?! It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad. And where are the feminists in all of this? Strangely silent. Bruce said he ‘always had the brain of a woman’ yet haven’t the feminists been telling us for decades that there is no such thing as a male brain and a female brain? So where’s the outcry? Can’t have your cake and eat it too… unless you’re part of the brainwashed left I guess.

I believe in live and let live. I don’t judge. But as a critical thinker, I wonder at these things.

9. Scotty says:

you’re the “new normal”, you stole that from Tom Leykis, madam, admit it. ..

10. Too me what is so shocking about this man is he was so outstanding in his careers. Married to beautiful women had children , and to think he wants to be a woman and always held those beliefs is unbelieveable.Who will date him now? Where is Daddy, and grandfather at his age? Actually there is no going back after this , and it is no “icing on the cake” as he says. A mans voice and hands and muscels that are always there as he was born a man will never change. I think he has some Jealosy streak of women and wants to compete there instead of athelic field. Its is truly so disgusting. I feel so sorry for his wife looking at her husband trying to be a women , this is so hurtful and humiliating, and will get worse . God does not encourage us to chg from men to women or vis versa.

11. joe says:

That is one ugly looking make over. Really! I know this won’t get posted. That is one sorry dude with issues.

12. spike says:

If he/she/it is the new normal, this society is done for. It looks like it’s a man talking through a f—ked-up mask of plastic surgery. it is grotestque joke, and its statement, “I’m the new normal,” is repulsively disgusting and dismaying about what it says about this society and this culture.

• serenityx14 says:

patricia I totally agree with you. I find this entire ordeal disturbing and not only that, now he is going out to convince our boys that they should become girls just because they play with dolls and our girls to become men just because they are tom boys or like to play basketball or GI Joe. And for the media to perpetrate this sickness is just going to make it worse. I am not going to watch his special and I will never endorse Bruce Jenner as a woman because no matter what he looks like or “feel” his DNA will always remain male! What I want to know is how would a man know how a woman feels if he was never a woman? A vagina and breast alone does not make you a woman. I hope he lives the rest of his life alone because only someone who wants attention will marry a 65 year old man who looks like a woman.

• Stacey says:

Pix, the problem is that this is being thrown at the public through article after article. He’s even getting his own reality show about being a woman. THAT is the problem. I mean, the Duggars shouldn’t have a show, but this thing should????

• pix says:

You don’t even know him, why are you gettin all mad about the way he chooses to live his life. It’s not effecting you. You hope he’s alone for the rest of his life? He’ll never know that. He’ll just go on with his life being happy and you’ll sit stewing over how his actions are bothering you, so, looks like the joke’s on you kid.

• marion keating says:

live and let live

• Muffinz says:

It is people like you that really make this society and culture disgusting and dismaying.

13. People must have sad, sad lives to care for all of this so much. With all that life has to offer, why do folks care about this one woman who is genetically a man? If he wants to be a woman, that’s fine with me. Let’s move on a gawk at something else now.