ABC Family to Air ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer,’ ‘Dawson’s Creek’ Reruns this Summer

Netflix TV Shows to Binge Watch

ABC Family is doing a WB Network-retro double take with the additions of “Dawson’s Creek” and “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” to its weekday lineup starting June 22.

Counting on millennial nostalgia, the network will kick off with a week of “fan favorite” episodes based on votes from an online poll. The following week, starting June 29, each series will air from the beginning with “Dawson’s Creek” airing at 12 p.m. and “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” at 5 p.m.

“Buffy” first bowed in 1997, and “Dawson” the following year. “Buffy” moved to UPN for its final two seasons. ABC Family also currently airs reruns of WB fixture “Gilmore Girls.”

(Pictured: “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”)

1. Jeremy says:

l have always been a huge fan of your series from birth. 0.m.g. l can.t wait to see your new shows

2. Can you bring back Everwood as well? Please? :)

3. Kris says:

Ahhh, this is good to hear! I’m looking forward to seeing ole Buffy again. hahaha….my sister made me watch the film with Kristy Swanson, and I was pleasantly surprised. Then, when I heard it was going to be made into a series, I was really skeptical. Hahahaha….I was also wrong because they did such a good job with the series. It’ll be nice to see Buffy, Willow, Giles, Cordelia and Zander again!

4. Mace Moneta says:

They should be airing the entire series, since it’s a serial story. Even better, it should be properly interlaced with the Angel series that started at season 4, since the two are intertwined. Airing “fan favorite episodes” is like printing favorite chapters of a best selling book. Not exactly the best way to enjoy the story.

• Alex says:

So…did you even read the article?
      “The following week, starting June 29, each series will air from the beginning with “Dawson’s Creek” airing at 12 p.m. and “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” at 5 p.m.”

They’re going to air the fan favorite chapters first. Kinda like letting you read an amazing chapter from that best selling book before you get the whole thing.

• macemoneta says:

There are loads of spoilers in the fan favorite episodes. Just air it from the beginning.

5. David Benjamin says:

Instead of doing “fan favorite “Buffy episodes..just start from the beginning and do the whole series. LOVED BTVS!!

• Anony Mouse says:

and I quote:

I don’t see how the article could have been any clearer than that.

6. Sandra Bock says:

Hi Buffy I love your movies , how would you like to set up a few hearts in the grave yard. I am the one that has the copy rights to the granite hearts an I think one or two would look neat in the back ground