Amy Schumer Would Be on ‘Bachelorette’ — If ABC Meets Her Conditions

Amy Schumer Bachelorette
David M. Benett/Getty Images

In what would be the rawest (and most hilarious) season of “The Bachelorette” yet, comedian Amy Schumer said she would join the last-man-standing dating show — if ABC agrees to some conditions.

In an interview with E! News on Monday, Schumer said she would take on the role if she were allowed the following three stipulations: “A lot of money”; she would get to unapologetically be herself; and there would be an improved casting process.

“The casting process would have to be different,” Schumer said about the show’s “weird” job descriptions for contestants. “It’s like, ‘former investment banker’?! They’re like, ‘flower enthusiast’? You’re like, ‘But what do you do? How come you could leave your life?’ I love when it’s like, ‘I have five kids at home but I just came here to follow my heart.’ It’s like maybe go take care of your kids? I would keep it very real. And I don’t know if it’s good for that show.”

Fans have been rallying to put Schumer on the show. Even ABC wants her. Robert Mills, senior VP of alternative series, specials and latenight programming for ABC Entertainment, tweeted an offer to Schumer in May.

Fans haven’t had the best of luck in campaigning for the next Bachelor or Bachelorette. In 2012, there was support for Olympic gold-medal swimmer Ryan Lochte to be put on the show. Sean Lowe beat him out, at least on land.

“The Bachelorette” airs at 8 p.m. Mondays on ABC.

1. Dee Potter says:

Amy is way too raw to be the Bachelorette. The season would be worse then Kaitlyn’s, if that’s possible. She needs to stick to being a comedian.

2. Ruth says:

The Bachelorette doesn’t need so called celebrities who want big bucks, it is boring enough.

3. Glock Guy says:

I was upset, when I heard they had a show called inside Amy Schumer, I wanted to watch the program. I was thinking somebody was going to cut her open to try and find out why she is not funny.

• Gail Dodd says:

I agree. I don’t think she is funny either. All the hype surrounding her is crazy. What a waste. There are so many people that are so much bette and deserve to be heard. Too many without opportunities to be seen and heard.

• David Benjamin says:

And that long list consists of….?? EXACTLY! I think Amy Schumer is hilarious, and I love her show. Everyone has their own personal tastes.

4. barfalot onamy says:

The guys would reject the roses and run. But, she could bore them with her humor. She is a triple threat not hot, not funny and not cute. Will she come out as something? Maybe instead of bachelors they can use goats. Oh, just kidding.

5. filmsharks says:

If her comedy career ever falters, she can always get hired as a linebacker for the New England Patriots.

6. ifirefly says:

Never seen it, and only watched her in passing news feeds, but I’m with Bob. Normal-looking people with brains may be a better idea. I’d tune in for at least her first episode.

7. Mike says:

Amy would be hilarious in anything she does she’s a riot! You Go Amy!

8. MD says:

She is so waaaaay out of that show’s league…

9. Paul Lane says:

I would watch. This ABC TV program is already a meme as in it stinks,,

10. The only way I would watch is if Amy was the Bachelorette. Keeping it real.

11. Jacques Strappe says:

That would be beyond awesome. Never watch it but I would watch that.

12. Jason says:

How about take the show off the air and let’s not see any more of the over rated , over the top , hollywood new darling and unfunny Amy. This country will buy into anything

13. Nora lee says:

The bachelorette is going downhill . Lots of us have watched since the beginning and are not watching this season. The commediene with the nasty jokes would be another not watching. Wake up bachelor producers. Wonder why Sean was so popular???? Think about it!!!!

14. Bob Varitender says:

This would be amazing. I might even watch. What a concept!? Getting normal looking people who aren’t complete morons.

15. David Benjamin says:

I would actually watch that awful show if Amy was the Bachelorette. OMG..the things she would say/get the guys to do.