ABC Family Renews ‘Switched at Birth’ For Season 5

ABC Family Renews 'Switched at Birth'

ABC Family has picked up a fifth season of “Switched at Birth,” ahead of the fourth season finale, which will air on Monday, October 26th.

“Every season ’Switched at Birth’ continues to deliver fresh, relatable storylines that tackle important social issues, reflecting what our audience experiences daily,” said Karey Burke, ABC Family’s executive vice president of programming and development. “We’re excited to see where Lizzy will take these characters next.”

With this pickup, the series will reach 100 episodes in the upcoming run. ABC Family recently announced that it will change its name to Freeform in January 2016.

Peabody Award-winner “Switched at Birth” is executive-produced by Lizzy Weiss (“Blue Crush”), Paul Stupin (“Dawson’s Creek,” “Make It or Break It”), and Linda Gase (“ER,” “Army Wives”).

The series stars Katie Leclerc, Vanessa Marano, Constance Marie, D.W. Moffett, Lea Thompson, Lucas Grabeel, Sean Berdy, along with guest star Marlee Matlin.

1. Leslie loos says:

Please don’t change the name leave it at switch at birth.

2. Tia says:

I can’t wait I am crying rn cuz there no season 5 yet and i wanna know what’s happening in America!

3. Elsah says:

I cant wait till the next season… Gosh!

4. shie;a says:

Im very curious the other seasons and i just finish the 4th season :) LOVE IT!

5. Maryann Moore says:

I totally love Switched at birth I just got done watching the whole 4 seasons and can’t wait for the next season Hurry please!

6. Mikki says:

I was going through Netflix a couple weeks ago and said let me give this show a try. I watched all four seasons in a just a couple of weeks. I am so hooked and can’t wait until season 5 to come out. My favorite people on the show are Bay and Emmett. I really hate that these two are not together. They belong together. I really hope in season five Emmett and Bay find their way back to each other. I was so disappointed on season four that they had Emmett leave Bay and at her a time she needed him the most. I hope the writers make us fans happy and give us Bay and Emmett back. These two make the show.

7. Bonnie Ruble says:

Funny, I just read the email from Nikkiah who was frantically looking for Season 5 of Switch at Birth at 6:30 in the morning. I’m on my computer doing the same thing except its 4:25am, lol. I don’t quite understand why season 5 is not going to air until 2017?? This show is quite addictive. I’m even thinking about taking ASL classes :-)

8. Nikkiah says:

I just finisned season 4 on Netflix and now im on the internet trying to find season 5 like a crazy person at 6:30 in the morning only to find that it will not be on again till 2017 😢. That breaks my heart lol but i can wait. I cant wait to see season 5.

9. Jonilyn says:

I love this show can I do more episodes and seasons

10. Jessica says:

Is season 5 of switched at birth going to be on Netflix if so then when?

11. Sue Church says:

I love the series of Switched at Birth…I am in Australia and hope to be able to watch series 5 online somewhere…..cant wait to see what the news is to take the girls back home….love it :)

12. joyce says:

i love this show omg cant wait eeekkkk

13. paulina szypuła says:

so where is it? its january already

14. Hailey loves emmett says:

I really love this show please please please make more seasons I’m dyeing to find out what happened I need to know so please put more on like fast I’ll be waiting for it!!!!!!!!!!! And bae and Emmett are ment to be they are so cute together make us fans happy!!!!!! # Emmett is hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Reese says:

Emmett is Bay’s bae

16. Miguel Azua says:

When is switched at birth season 5 coming. I love it.

17. Morgan says:

I love this show! And Bay and Emmett should stay together they are perfect for each other!!

18. Sam says:

I was pretty mad how they ended that I would love to watch more of this show I NEED to know what happened that was terrible for me WE NEED MORE!

19. Adriana says:

We so need more seasons of switched at birth I love them

20. Susan Martin says:

We need another season of switch at birth.

21. Sill says:

Agree with polar bear…it’s something I have been able to bond with my teen daughter about and brings issues Im able to talk to her about. Please put season 5 on Netflix

22. polarbear says:

will there be an 5th season on netflix plz make a fith season of switched at birth on netflix im dieing to see it :( <3

23. Janet says:

I love this show. I have a son with Down Syndrome and feel they captured the mixed emotions of an expectant mother superbly! Can’t wait to see more of this storyline!

24. No, Switched at Birth does not deliver “fresh relatable storylines” it delivers a desperate attempt to maintain high drama by cheap sensationalism. If audiences want to reflect on what happens daily they can turn the TV off and look around and I doubt they’d see what’s on the screen. Audiences want to be entertained and informed and SAB did this well at first but it’s lost its way. Not every teenagers life is bed-hopping and what message did the rape give? Don’t say anything in case you lose your boyfriend? A great idea but sadly now not well executed.

• sam says:

In regards to the rape; I dont think they could’ve done a better job. Because these types of rapes are much more common than a stranger attack. In this case it was bay’s ex-boyfriend, and an incident she doesnt even remember. Where she may question herself and how much she participated.

And Tag was someone the audience could like. He is someone a lot of young men could find themselves to be in his shoes. The truth is not all guys have the common sense to say to themselves hey she’s wasted maybe this can wait. And the show demenstrates what kind of consequences their are today in college campuses which is fairly new terrain. Its also important for woman to know these things too considering how many women will falsely accuse men of rape and how damaging that is for real victims.

And…by the way…. Bay did report the rape and Emmett did come to his senses.

• Kath Dent says:

No i think you’re wrong. I think that the fallout from the rape was perfect because that would be what is going through your head after. And also if you watch a drama on TV it’s for the drama the TV provides, if i wanted to see my boring every day life I’d turn off the TV. I think that SAB is a near-perfect TV show, I think that, yes sometimes it’s a bit too far-fetched but that’s what I love it for. I haven’t missed an episode yet and I don’t plan too, keep it coming and don’t change anything!!