New ‘Batman v Superman’ Trailer Premieres at Comic-Con

A new trailer for “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” debuted at Comic-Con during Warner Bros.’ panel in Hall H Saturday morning.

Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill, who play Batman and Superman, respectively, were on hand to introduce the pic along with director Zack Snyder.

Jesse Eisenberg appears in the trailer as villain Lex Luthor.

“The devils don’t come from hell beneath us,” Eisenberg says as Luthor in the clip. “They come from the sky.”

Wonder Woman also gets in on the action, played by Gal Gadot. Amy Adams, Holly Hunter and Jeremy Irons also star.

During the panel, Snyder detailed how the new superhero chapter dealt with DC lore. “The big rule we broke is we put Gotham and Metropolis next to each other,” he said. “They’re sister cities like Oakland and San Francisco.”

The pic bows in theaters March 26, 2016.

1. KELLY says:

WONDER WOMAN LOOKS NOTHING LIKE WONDER WOMAN!!!!

2. Bill B. says:

I’m pretty much through with comic book movies with the rare exception (Guardians was fun & Ant-Man seems different), but I grew up with Superman and this looks interesting. He’s not bad, but I never thought Cavell was the right guy for the role, but Affleck looks interesting here playing an older Batman. I will probably see this, though I have little interest in seeing more of Lois Lane, Lex Luthor or the Joker (I hope there is no Alfred). Would the world end if they created some new characters.

3. Louise says:

Gadot and Eissenberg are the worst part of the cast

• Doodlee says:

neither of them LOOK the part (Gal promised us muscle…LIES!) and Eisenberg’s attempt at sounding villainous made me lol.

4. GKN says:

I’m fed up to the gills with superheroes myself. But this looks good, frankly. I’m intrigued – which is very rare anymore. I think I’ll go.

5. Daniel says:

The score is not so bad. Though, a bit loud and generic.

6. Daniel says:

Diane Lane and Henry Cavill are the only two that work well.

The rest can be squashed.

7. Kelly says:

Who are the people with face paint touching him? Why is Lex a hippie with long hair?

Just because your hollywood budget lets you do anything to a comic book legacy doesn’t mean you do it!

Whats next Zack Erfon is going to be young superman from the teen Superman comic books??

8. Awesome!!! i want see now!

9. Kelly says:

STORY DOESNT MAKE SENSE.

10. anonymous says:

This movie is another reason why comic books are being ruined by agents and studios who get the wrong actors for the wrong part. Ben Affleck is nothing like Bruce Wayne.

PS Batman is wearing a metal black suit with glowing eyes …who made it tony stark…aka iron man?

11. stevenkovacs says:

Something tells me we’re in for one helluva super ride!

12. Kelly says:

The trailer showed me everything.

Ben Affleck does not make me feel like he is Bruce Wayne.

Batman is fighting Superman because his Wayne building fell down?

Batman believes he has power to wipe out the entire earth? But he saved the earth and continues to save more people from floods, falling helicopters, oil rigs in the gulf and stopped a nuclear missile in the trailer?

DOESNT MAKE SENSE.

• BillUSA says:

Well, you certainly haven’t made sense of the trailer. That wasn’t a nuke – it was a manned rocket and he was saving the occupants. The “battle” isn’t over the destruction of the Wayne Enterprises building, it’s more likely that Lex Luthor has manipulated Superman into doing things against his better nature and Batman is trying to steer him back to normalcy. They eventually become allies.

But I agree whole-heartedly that Affleck doesn’t impress as Batman/Bruce Wayne. And he certainly doesn’t impress me as an actor.

• anonymous says:

the enemy of my enemy is my friend ..they become friends in the end ..but i already said that; however you have no idea what the tailer shows and what its saying about the story. . . your an ignorant fool

• Ted says:

It doesn’t make sense because Hack Snyder is leading the way….he shoots pretty but he can’t tell a story.

• anonymous says:

GKN stfu you obviously don’t read comics and don’t follow the legacy of super heroes and the mark they leave on the fans…

Affleck is a fine actor I am just pissed he was chosen to play Bruce Wayne when we could have seen a bran new bruce wayne and a better actor!

So many names put their stamp on comic book characters and we don’t like it we want a comic book stamp on the performance . . . why do you think NO ONE saw cat woman and NO ONE saw Aquaman?
        IT WAS NOT COMIC BOOK INSPIRED!

STFU!

• GKN says:

Look all you goofball Affleck haters, they’ve been saying all along he’s playing Bruce Wayne 20 years later, and he looks perfect! Don’t go, OK? We won’t miss you.