Watch: Melissa McCarthy in First Trailer for ‘The Boss’

The Boss” is in.

Melissa McCarthy is the wealthiest woman in America and the boss from hell in the first trailer for her aptly titled new comedy, “The Boss.” Universal debuted the trailer on Thursday’s episode of “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”

McCarthy plays Michelle Darnell — based on an original character she created during her Groundlings days — a business mogul jailed for insider trading. She’s released six months later and forced to move in with an underpaid former employee (Kristen Bell) she used to torture. After spending some time with Bell’s character’s Girl Scout daughter, Darnell decides to build a brownie empire from scratch.

Peter Dinklage, Kathy Bates and Kristen Schaal also star in the film, which McCarthy wrote with her husband, Ben Falcone, and longtime friend, Steve Mallory. Falcone, who directed McCarthy in “Tammy,” also helmed this movie.

“The Boss” arrives in theaters on April 8.

1. I’ll pass…the trailer looks like a remake of an old Shelly Long movie, right down to the plot point about the washed-up “exec” helping scouts with sales goals.

2. CelluloidFan35mm says:

When I first heard of this movie, I thought it had potential and promise to actually be something but after the trailer, I was mistaken.
    This looks like another crappy, unfunny, lazy comedy from McCarthy, which is a shame because she has some comic skills.
    Well, at least this looks like a step above Spy, which is saying a lot.

3. Bill B. says:

No more after Tammy, one of the worst things my eyes have seen and this looks about the same quality. The Identity Theft wasn’t much better though it did have the likable Bateman, She’ll always have television, but if she wants to continue a successful film career, someone else needs to manage her career, which is becoming quite monotonous.

4. Reader says:

Looks great. Laughed my ass off watching the trailer!

5. HPR says:

Wow…that was painful. It also doesn’t work – the wealthiest woman in America, even if uneducated or from a lower class background, would have an air of entitlement…I don’t feel that in the performance. IT’s just another Tammy who happens to be successful. For a riches to rags story to work ala Overboard, you need to have the act one characterization be really affected and snooty. I wouldn’t mess with that formula.

6. James says:

her husband is going to ruin her career. Tammy was terrible and this looks awful, too. So, let me get this straight, Melissa has the power now to get her own movies made, and she resorts to scenes for women punching other women AND hitting little girls? That’s female empowerment? That’s really sad. She needs to move beyond this foul-mouthed abusive character she’s been playing if she wants a long career.

• CelluloidFan35mm says:

So, when men punch other men and little boys, that’s acceptable but when women do it, it’s somehow beneath you?
      You do have a point about McCarthy moving beyond the same foul-mouthed character she’s been playing because it’s getting old really fast.

7. JoseMMurphy says:

Read Now This…I g­­­e­­­­­­­t p­a­i­d­ ­o­v­e­r­ ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­$­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­8­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­7­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­/­­­­­­­­h w­­o­r­k­i­n­g­ ­f­r­o­m­ ­h­o­m­e­ ­w­ith 2 kids at home”. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over 10k a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless. Heres what I’ve been doing,…..
    ➤➤➤➤➤➤.
    …………………. Click.Here.To.Read.Full.Detail

8. Get A Grip says:

WHAT TRASH!!! No wonder ISIS wants to blow us up with this sort of story-trash. What a piece of sh*t!

9. DouglasSKingsley says:

Read Now This…I g­­­e­­­­­­­t p­a­i­d­ ­o­v­e­r­ ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­$­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­8­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­7­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­/­­­­­­­­h w­­o­r­k­i­n­g­ ­f­r­o­m­ ­h­o­m­e­ ­w­ith 2 kids at home.!! I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over 10k a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless. Heres what I’ve been doing,….
    ➤➤➤➤➤➤ Click.Here.To.Read.Full.Detail

10. Trudy says:

OMG, I love this woman. M&M is the funniest human being on the planet. Can’t wait.

11. DouglasSKingsley says:

..Read Now This…I g­­­e­­­­­­­t p­a­i­d­ ­o­v­e­r­ ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­$­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­8­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­7­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­/­­­­­­­­h w­­o­r­k­i­n­g­ ­f­r­o­m­ ­h­o­m­e­ ­w­ith 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over 10k a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless. Heres what I’ve been doing,….
    ➤➤➤➤➤➤ Click.Here.To.Read.Full.Detail

12. Emmett says:

Funniest lady in the business. Can’t wait to see this. She and Jason Stratham in “Spy” were hilarious.