‘Arrow’ Star Stephen Amell Lands Casey Jones Role in ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2’ (EXCLUSIVE)

stephen amell casey jones teenage mutant

Stephen Amell has been tapped to play Casey Jones in “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2” for Paramount and Platinum Dunes.

Megan Fox is set to return as April O’Neil. Will Arnett is also returning. David Green is directing the pic. Plot details and information on other returning cast members are still unknown.

A loner who becomes an ally of the turtles and a love interest for O’Neil, Jones is a fan favorite of the series going back to when Elias Koteas played him in the 1990 New Line pic.

Michael Bay is producing along with his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form. Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec are penning the script.

Amell tested with a half-dozen actors over the weekend, but it was his chemistry with Fox that led to the studio eventually giving the role to the star of CW’s “Arrow.” Paramount had no comment on the casting.

The “Turtles” franchise is one of Paramount’s top properties following its success last summer, when it earned $191 million domestically — so much so that Paramount dated the sequel for 2016 before even locking down a director or cast.

1. Stewart says:

NBA TEAM almost all-perform thursday will likely to be held in Orlando, ahead
    this, Jordan Sportswear grandly founded that dress group, specifically Jordan Dunk, Jordan Jordan Foamposite flying among as well as something, influenced by way
    of association from the single louisiana then expanse search.
    This treadmill model making use of the galax just like the subject, essential plan will recognize with the supernova condition, together with insisted on font and in badges, Orlando and blank attribute.

2. Gracie Romualdez says:

Stephen Amell is perfect for this role. He’s already known for kicking bad guy asses at his CWs Arrow.
    Mr. Amell is too cute for his own good. 😜

3. Michael says:

Megan is a great April and she did an awesome job in the movie

4. lana rose says:

I am a arrow fan and I think stephen would do the best job ever. he is a great actor and a beautiful person.

5. Joe says:

terrible casting

6. Opeyemi olabanji. AKA arrow brother says:

If stephen can still continue with the Arrow. Then let him act as casey jones, I just love seeing him act, the way he walks and do all sort of things, it awesome.

Guys can you tell what happened when stephen woke up in season 3… You know am from nigeria, full of piracy..m……. Pls peeps tell me.

7. therealeverton says:

It’s cool news, hopefully all this talk of them realising the “first” film had problems is genuine and better is to follow. Shrinking the turtles a little would be decent start.

8. matweller says:

Great casting. Garbage franchise. My comfort is that I’ll never see it, so I won’t have to think less of Amell. At least it’s all up from here.

9. Gaiash says:

While I have no doubts he’d make a great Casey Jones the fact he’ll be in this Turtles franchise is a waste of great casting.

10. ben koschella says:

i might actually watch this now

11. moumita das says:

where there is Stephen there is light :) :) :)
    looking forward :)

12. Taaron Howard says:

Good for Stephen, I’m glad he’s getting involved more. Unfortunately, we all know the movie is going to suck anyways if Michael Bay is producing it and Megan Fox is acting in it. I’ll probably only see it just to watch Stephen kick ninja ass with a hockey stick.

• The Ninja says:

The previous movie has made more than 500 million, the only downside of it was the recutting the whole film due to the stupid nostalgic fanboys’ whining, other wise it was a decent reboot. idiots like these are always gonna bitch about how this movie is going to suck without watching it. Pfff smartasses

• clnc says:

It hasn’t made more than 500 million and most of the problems didn’t really stem from what the re-shot to “appease” the fans. I think that’s been reasonably been debunked. It sucked because it sucked.

13. That joke of a movie (TMNT) is actually getting a sequel? How the heck did that happen? Also, I hope this doesn’t mean Arrow is getting cancelled. That would suck.

14. Arnez Carter says:

I am so so happy for Stephen Amell he is definitely one of my top favorites & is going to awesome as Casey Jones I know he will I enjoy “Arrow” so much I can’t wait to see it I’m so excited! I wonder if he will use a bow & arrow instead of cricket sticks & baseball bats

15. Reblogged this on The Pop Culture Cafe and commented:
    Now this is some interesting news. Stephen Amell will be in the next ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2’. This news peaks my interest a little more about the next TMNT but not enough to pay money to see it in the theaters. Does this news make you want to see it or not?

16. Fiona says:

That’s great news for Stephen Amell. Congrats! I might actually watch TMNT 2 – just to see him as Casey – pretty different character than Oliver Queen! I don’t understand people not appreciating him as an actor – there’s a lot of nuance in his performance and he has great screen presence (I don’t just mean the good looks). Although I hope the film schedule doesn’t interfere with Arrow schedule! He’s INTEGRAL to Arrow – as we’ve learned from this season’s attempt to give more screen time to other heroes on Arrow…the show is really about HIS character after all!

17. Lupita says:

I’m only going to watch it because of Oliver Queen lol

18. Noah Isaac says:

Stephen Amell great actor the new ninja turtle movies not so good but ill watch just for Stephen im a huge arrow fan maybe he can help turn theses movies around in the sequel

19. Matt says:

I hope this doesn’t interefere with Arrow. I would hate to see Stephen leave the show

20. forouzan says:

if everyone has a problem with Stephen Amell so please close your browser and don’t watch the movie.

21. kevin says:

Very Good news. Cant wait to see him in action

22. I hope this isn’t an early April Fool’s joke. I’m cautiously excited!

23. rainshadow says:

April Fools?

If yes, awesome. If not, awesome.

24. Jake says:

Megan Fox and Stephen Amell!!?! Man that’s some horrible acting coming our way. Bland actors and Michael Bay, that’s gonna be riveting.