Randy Quaid and Wife Arrested in Canada

Randy Quaid Arrested
Picture Perfect/REX Shutterstock

Randy Quaid and his wife Evi have been detained in Canada.

Law enforcement did not reveal why the couple was picked up in Montreal, but an immigration official told TMZ that Quaid will have a detention review hearing Thursday.

Evi Quaid confirmed on Twitter that the couple had been arrested, writing, “i love that Canada needs to learn how to wake up and criticize its crappy government ps we got arrested by an actual tall midget.”

A few hours before this tweet, Quaid’s wife renounced the Canadian citizenship she received a few years back.

“I hate the sexist pigs and corrupt gov of Canada and renounce the crap citizenship I was given in 2010,” she wrote.

The couple fled to Canada after legal trouble in the U.S. after they were accused of using fake credit cards to avoid a $10,000 hotel bill. This isn’t the first time this year that Quaid has had problems with the law. In April, he was arrested over an outstanding warrant from a missed Immigration and Refugee Board interview in 2013.

1. J says:

Randy Quaid, in NO WAY, SHAPE, OUR FORM REPRESENTS AMERICA. WE DON’T WANT HIM EITHER. HE IS A MAN WITHOUT A COUNTRY, AND EVERY COUNTRY IN EARTH SHOULD STOP HIM AT ITS BORDERS, UNTIL HE IS FORCED TO LIVE AT SEA WITHOUT SUPPLIES FROM ANY LAND ON EARTH. HE AND HIS WIFE SHOULD BE FORCED TO STARVE AT SEA, AND REMAIN AFLOAT UNTIL THEY WASH ADORE.

2. J says:

Oh, and let’s not exclude Little People everywhere, whom Randhole calls “midgets”, and doesn’t feel are worthy to arrest his ignorant ass. Guess what RandHole? It would take 3000 of you to equal one of them, YOU PREJUDICED DICK!!!

3. J says:

Why haven’t both Randy and Evi Quad been certified in ANY country yet? These people are a danger to the public and to themselves. They are quite literally CERTIFIABLY INSANE. there is no conspiracy to kill actors. There are only people who are sick of their CRAZY RATINGS who would like to see them autopsied ALIVE for the benefit of science and psychology. Even if there were people looking to kill celebrities, he would NEVER be in danger, nor would his deranged wife be. People need to CARE about your existence before they can wish to snuff it out.
    I DINT CARE what they think of Canada!!!! Canada does the midst needed things for its citizens that even our own US Government won’t do for its own. THEY DON’T EVEN NEED TO BE IN CANADA if they don’t like it! They have citizenship right here in the Grab-Old-U.S. of Aholes. Why aren’t they complaining about that?
    If this two were to be RIGHTFULLY slaughtered today, the only people who would feel the loss are the media, who just lives to post their insanity and sell tabloid mags and papers.
    They wanna be right? LET’S MAKE EVI AND RANDY QUAID RIGHT…let’s just hunt them like wild boar for perpetrating the sales of tabloids, and have a very merry feast over their charred carcasses at a good old American luau!!! :-)

4. Dust says:

Good riddance Evi. Trust me when I say Canadians will not lose any sleep over your departure. While I agree the Harper regime was crap(not unlike your hubby’s movies) you’re tantrums you like to throw are far worse. Hope you get what u deserve once you flee back to the states of Amerikkka.

5. Evi Quaid is delusional and some how she has brought Randy into her delusional world. I watch their Youtube videos and it makes me sad to see Randy like this. I have proven over and over that no one is out to murder them and almost everything they say is untrue. I worked for them as a Private Investigator in June 2009 and then I quit because I could not deal with the insanity of Evi’s world. Then everything fell apart and they were arrested several times. Once when I told TMZ where they were. I only did it to try and get Randy free of Evi, but they ran and ended up in Canada. Of course TMZ took all of the credit and lied just like they lie about everything. You probably are thinking why would I want to get Randy away from Evi? It’s because I saw him try to get away from her several times and she made threats to him and his family. I saw Randy go back a beaten man. I even had to sue Randy and Evi for all the money they owned me. I have been asked over and over to write a book, but I can’t write a book about two people sucked into mental illness. What kind of person would that make me? There is one last video that is on Youtube where I saw that Randy that I knew and it very much teared me up. I hope and pray Randy can be kept away from Evi and get some help. Evi will never get help because she does not see her mental illness. I pray this does not end the way I fear it will. Please get some help Randy. God help them both.

• J says:

Hey, Man…I don’t disagree that the US Gov’t sucks, but you don’t need too insult the good people here. You are just as prejudiced, calling us “Amerikka”, as the insane people you you wasted your time hating on. Perhaps Canada would not miss people like you a shred either, some you propose NOTHING in the way of peace. You just LOST your argument with your brain-dead comment. You are just as insane Evi and RandHole. You just took A HUGE LIBERTY speaking in behalf of people who did not and WOULD NOT elect a person like YOU TO speak for Them, Canasshole.

6. Jb says:

Wow. Canada gave these two such a break and even allowed them in as refugees because of their paranoia of the US. Wealthy Canadians opened their doors and let them stay in their homes rent free. They were gifted with so much. Canada is still a democracy, albeit with a Conservative government. Still better than most. Maybe their next refugee claim should be Pakistan or Saudia Arabia.

7. Pam says:

Sounds like she’s drunk! Maybe arrested for TUI – tweeting under the influence?

8. Maynard says:

Free Randy & Evi, eh!?!

• J says:

Randy is short for “Randy and desperate enough to follow this crazy woman anywhere cuz he can’t get a piece of as anywhere else”, and Evi is simply short for “EVIL”.

9. James Tarone says:

Don’t let the door hit you one the way out. Otherwise, have a nice day.

10. Ken says:

Dear Mrs. Quaid: Don’t let the door slam you on the ass on your way out. On behalf of 30+ million Canucks, I thank you.

11. anne says:

We don’t want them back. They are both mentally disturbed and seem to knowingly break the law for attention.