Oscar Nominations 2015: Full List

The nominees for the 2015 Academy Awards have been announced. See below an updated list of the nominees:

Best Picture
“American Sniper” Clint Eastwood, Robert Lorenz, Andrew Lazar, Bradley Cooper and Peter Morgan, Producers
“Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)” Alejandro G. Iñárritu, John Lesher and James W. Skotchdopole, Producers
“Boyhood” Richard Linklater and Cathleen Sutherland, Producers
“The Grand Budapest Hotel” Wes Anderson, Scott Rudin, Steven Rales and Jeremy Dawson, Producers
“The Imitation Game” Nora Grossman, Ido Ostrowsky and Teddy Schwarzman, Producers
“Selma” Christian Colson, Oprah Winfrey, Dede Gardner and Jeremy Kleiner, Producers
“The Theory of Everything” Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Lisa Bruce and Anthony McCarten, Producers
“Whiplash” Jason Blum, Helen Estabrook and David Lancaster, Producers

Actor
Steve Carell in “Foxcatcher”
Bradley Cooper in “American Sniper”
Benedict Cumberbatch in “The Imitation Game”
Michael Keaton in “Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)”
Eddie Redmayne in “The Theory of Everything”

Supporting Actor
Robert Duvall in “The Judge”
Ethan Hawke in “Boyhood”
Edward Norton in “Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)”
Mark Ruffalo in “Foxcatcher”
J.K. Simmons in “Whiplash”

Actress
Marion Cotillard in “Two Days, One Night”
Felicity Jones in “The Theory of Everything”
Julianne Moore in “Still Alice”
Rosamund Pike in “Gone Girl”
Reese Witherspoon in “Wild”

Supporting Actress
Patricia Arquette in “Boyhood”
Laura Dern in “Wild”
Keira Knightley in “The Imitation Game”
Emma Stone in “Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)”
Meryl Streep in “Into the Woods”

Animated Feature
“Big Hero 6” Don Hall, Chris Williams and Roy Conli
“The Boxtrolls” Anthony Stacchi, Graham Annable and Travis Knight
“How to Train Your Dragon 2” Dean DeBlois and Bonnie Arnold
“Song of the Sea” Tomm Moore and Paul Young
“The Tale of the Princess Kaguya” Isao Takahata and Yoshiaki Nishimura

Adapted Screenplay
“American Sniper” Written by Jason Hall
“The Imitation Game” Written by Graham Moore
“Inherent Vice” Written for the screen by Paul Thomas Anderson
“The Theory of Everything” Screenplay by Anthony McCarten
“Whiplash” Written by Damien Chazelle

Original Screenplay
“Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)” Written by Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Nicolás Giacobone, Alexander Dinelaris, Jr. & Armando Bo
“Boyhood” Written by Richard Linklater
“Foxcatcher” Written by E. Max Frye and Dan Futterman
“The Grand Budapest Hotel” Screenplay by Wes Anderson; Story by Wes Anderson & Hugo Guinness
“Nightcrawler” Written by Dan Gilroy

“The Grand Budapest Hotel” Alexandre Desplat
“The Imitation Game” Alexandre Desplat
“Interstellar” Hans Zimmer
“Mr. Turner” Gary Yershon
“The Theory of Everything” Jóhann Jóhannsson

Original Song
“Everything Is Awesome” from “The Lego Movie”
Music and Lyric by Shawn Patterson
“Glory” from “Selma”
Music and Lyric by John Stephens and Lonnie Lynn
“Grateful” from “Beyond the Lights”
Music and Lyric by Diane Warren
“I’m Not Gonna Miss You” from “Glen Campbell…I’ll Be Me”
Music and Lyric by Glen Campbell and Julian Raymond
“Lost Stars” from “Begin Again”
Music and Lyric by Gregg Alexander and Danielle Brisebois

Production Design
“The Grand Budapest Hotel” Production Design: Adam Stockhausen; Set Decoration: Anna Pinnock
“The Imitation Game” Production Design: Maria Djurkovic; Set Decoration: Tatiana Macdonald
“Interstellar” Production Design: Nathan Crowley; Set Decoration: Gary Fettis
“Into the Woods” Production Design: Dennis Gassner; Set Decoration: Anna Pinnock
“Mr. Turner” Production Design: Suzie Davies; Set Decoration: Charlotte Watts

“Boogaloo and Graham” Michael Lennox and Ronan Blaney
“Butter Lamp (La Lampe Au Beurre De Yak)” Hu Wei and Julien Féret
“Parvaneh” Talkhon Hamzavi and Stefan Eichenberger
“The Phone Call” Mat Kirkby and James Lucas

Sound Editing
“American Sniper” Alan Robert Murray and Bub Asman
“Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)” Martín Hernández and Aaron Glascock
“The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” Brent Burge and Jason Canovas
“Interstellar” Richard King
“Unbroken” Becky Sullivan and Andrew DeCristofaro

Sound Mixing
“American Sniper” John Reitz, Gregg Rudloff and Walt Martin
“Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)” Jon Taylor, Frank A. Montaño and Thomas Varga
“Interstellar” Gary A. Rizzo, Gregg Landaker and Mark Weingarten
“Unbroken” Jon Taylor, Frank A. Montaño and David Lee
“Whiplash” Craig Mann, Ben Wilkins and Thomas Curley

Visual Effects
“Captain America: The Winter Soldier” Dan DeLeeuw, Russell Earl, Bryan Grill and Dan Sudick
“Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” Joe Letteri, Dan Lemmon, Daniel Barrett and Erik Winquist
“Guardians of the Galaxy” Stephane Ceretti, Nicolas Aithadi, Jonathan Fawkner and Paul Corbould
“Interstellar” Paul Franklin, Andrew Lockley, Ian Hunter and Scott Fisher
“X-Men: Days of Future Past” Richard Stammers, Lou Pecora, Tim Crosbie and Cameron Waldbauer

1. university says:

Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the
    shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside
    and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back!
    LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!

2. Queena says:

It was appalling to see how N P Harris demonstrated character on 87 academy awards. May I suggest to have someone in the years to come host the show who embraces all people with honor and respect. He was not funny.

3. Drea says:

The whole show was awful. It was biting, I engaging, and not one memorable moment. I’m done with the Oscars, they have lost their glamour.

4. Eddie Baskin says:

I am pulling for Robert Duvall in The Judge. He was excellent & the movie was awesome!!

5. Beatriz Misenta says:

I think Ralph Fiennes did the best acting job. I’m so confused. Isn’t comedy just as important as other forms of drama?

And to be honest, Maleficent (A Jolie) absolutely outdid M Streep’s good but more predictable witch. What happens? Do “all time greats” just have the run of the place? (And I like M Streep, but fair is fair)

6. Nanny says:

I am surprised that Clint Eastwood was not nominated for best director. American Sniper is an great movie.

• JB says:

It’s a great story but cinematically it is probably not as good as those others and that’s what the Oscar for a director is about.

7. Elise says:

it’s possible that the director of Selma wasn’t nominated due to the uproar caused by Kathryn Bigelow’s wins a few years ago. I would say the academy is afraid of nominating a female director over a more popular male director (or more popular director in general) but I wouldn’t know. Although Kathryn Bigelow fully deserved that reward, The Hurt Locker was awesome. I’m surprised James Gunn wasn’t nominated for director, he did a very good job with Guardians of the Galaxy. I’m surprised that movie didn’t recive more nominations as well. And I know it’s already been said, but The Lego Movie should have been nominated for best animated picture. It might not have because in some places the writing may ave fallen short, but it was pretty solid, and the animated was very well done in my opinion.

8. Suze Allyn says:

My best friend and I saw Birdman this afternoon and were blown away. Loved everything about it. It’s a smoking hot film.

9. Carolyn says:

How could Clint Eastwood not be nominated for Best Director? Because he is conservative? Shame on the Academy for not acknowledging a person’s excellence because of their political affiliation.

• Sal U. Lloyd says:

Eastwood is NOT “conservative.” He is libertarian and is personally torn because as chest-thumping is he loves to be, he also acknowledges that in order to have this little wars overseas, one must tax and spend.

PS: Did you see Jolie receive a nomination? Is it because she is a liberal? There goes your thesis.

10. elunico says:

How is it possible that Selma wasn’t nominated for adapted screenplay????

11. abhaystoic says:

Reblogged this on abhaystoic.

12. L.A. says:

Angelina and “Unbroken” should have been nominated more. I read critics’ reviews before I went to see the film and was pleasantly surprised overall. She did a great job. I hate to be the one to say it, but this is a classic case of sexism in the entertainment industry and subjectivity with Jolie’s association with the project. Not everyone is a fan and instead of judging the piece singularly it got torn apart. Interestingly enough, reviewers of this film were mostly male …

• Sal U. Lloyd says:

Well two female directors were certainly left out, Jolie and Du Varney for SELMA. Most reviewers may be male, but how many female Academy members???

13. Susan Liang says:

“Unbroken” is one of the best films ever made. Angelina Jolie should have been nominated for Best Director.

One more reason to disrespect the Academy Awards.

14. Elizabeth says:

Wow so many cry babies. I just saw American Sniper. I saw The Judge on DVD last night. Sorry but it is a much better movie. I am a total Bradly Cooper fan. The Sniper was not his best work. It simply pulls at the heart strings of being American. I am not saying it is not a good movie but not worth all those nominations. Everyone cries that it is political or that it is racist. Maybe they just sucked at picking this year! Boo hoo! Everything is not about whatever agenda you currently have. Stop being so self centered!

15. rejoice yardley says:

at first Birdman was it for me..then came selma, each of them beautiful in their right, when they take over the oscars, tell them that the lolsterking says congrats

16. Joanne says:

No Selma, except best picture. Meryl Streep AGAIN?! Yes, I get she is one of our best living actresses, but she doesn’t need to be nominated every year. I feel her nomination should have gone to Emily Blunt. Or they could have given it to Tilda Swinton. I’m pretty sure next year she is going to be nominated again for something. Jake was ignored, Spall was ignored. The only great surprise is that Marion was nominated, for a great performance.

17. caylee friedman says:

I absolutely love variety. Give me more more more.

18. spence says:

NOTE TO EDITORS OF “VARIETY” ARE YOU GUYS’ GONNA’ CONDUCT YOUR ANNUAL PREDICT THE WINNERS CONTEST AGAIN THIS YEAR? I WON IT FOR 2002-(75th Annual *Academy Awards) AS YOUR “OSCAR-ORACLE”

PLEASE ASSIST???

19. Richard says:

no Godzilla or Hobbit for special effects? Captain America and Planet of the Apes instead?

20. Russ Richardson says:

It seems after 50 years we are still fighting a battle to gain equal recognition. Selma was one of the BEST movies I have ever seen. David Oyelowo was excellent, Carmen Ejogo should have gotten some type of nomination for her performance and as a first time director this movie was extraordinary. It is interesting that the Academy continues to recognize every other culture except Black Americans and despite the quality of Selma as a film, its absence from almost all categories, especially best actor and best or supporting actress shows that bias and prejudice is alive and well in Hollywood.

21. David A. says:

No mention of the Musical of Clint Eastwood, Jersey Boys, The movie features John Llyod Young as Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. With it looked over the Oscars can also be looked over as a no show,no call

22. How can American Sniper get a lot of nominations but Director??? Guess Clint Eastwood is too Conservative for those Dems.

• TomServo says:

How did this idiocy get through moderation? He’s been nominated for Best Director four times and won twice… by those Dems. Stupid.

• JB says:

Thanks Tom. I love how folks like Patricia rail against “Hollywood” but are now fighting for Clint Eastwood. Always slanted with those folks. He is great director too, but American Sniper is about the story, it is not about directing.

23. Sal U. Lloyd says:

I’m also surprised THE TRIAL OF VIVIAN ANSELAM wasn’t nominated in the foreign langauge category. Does Hollywood hide at critical portrayals of Israel?

24. J.E. Vizzusi says:

Wait a darn minute.. they made a Bio Doc about Glen Campbell and he is Nominated for Best Original Song? Now that is a first…

25. diana says:

Very correect these

26. Jhan says:

Well, I’m not watching the Oscars this year.

27. sanya ronald says:

superb

28. So, “American Sniper” directed itself? The snub of Clint Eastwood is Hollywood’s way of paying him back for speaking at the Republican convention and humiliating their Dear Leader.

• Delia H. (@nadalotta) says:

Dick, it’s a matter of numbers. In this year, there were eight Best Pic Noms and the same five best director. This has been going on since the Academy changed the rules to allow more Best Pics.

• Sal U. Lloyd says:

Last time I checked, Clint only managed to make himself look awkward. The Academy ALSO snubbed Angelina Jolie, SO THERE GOES YOUR RIGHT WING THEORY.

29. Apparently there is a war on women that is “DIRECTED” by Hollywood.
    Angelina Jolie…..not even nominated ?
    Just another reason I avoid the politically correct Oscars every year.

• dean says:

So did Jolie use a woman cinematographer?
      Did she hire a woman editor?

• Sal U. Lloyd says:

If it was “politically correct,” Bernard, no white males heterosexuals would have been nominated. You’re wrong. Jolie wasn’t nominated because of the e-mails.

• Delia H. (@nadalotta) says:

Sal, when you say Jolie wasn’t nominated because of the emails, do you mean the ones between Pascal and Rudin? The two were been @sses and talking about Jolie and her so-called lack of talent. Did Jolie respond to the emails? If not, why would the emails between”RuScal” have prevented her from being nominated?

30. John says:

Not unhapppy with any of those nominated- they’re all deserving. Just mad about those NOT NOMINATED.

31. Dodie Brown says:

Fantastic stories and performances to see on this list. Congrats to all those nominated! I enjoy watching and learning from the best.

32. Sal U. Lloyd says:

Yet ANOTHER snub for the Nolans like with DARK KNIGHT. What? Is it because he doesn’t party with the elite???

33. Sal U. Lloyd says:

IMITATION GAME for production design over HOBBIT or EXODUS??? Maybe the Academy members need to have their eyes checked???

34. vp19 says:

Jennifer Aniston not nominated? There are millions of angry shopgirls and receptionists across America…even if nearly all of them had no intention of seeing her film.

35. Kelly Eager says:

I’m a little disappointed that Unbroken got snubbed from best picture and for best directing. That movie was amazing and Angelina Jolie did an awesome job as director. This really upsets me.

36. katieG says:

Three years in a row for Bradley Cooper as the least deserving nominee. All the rest I am happy with, but I would have loved Jake Gyllenhaal to be there too.

37. Reblogged this on My Thoughts on Movies and commented:
    few surprises here!

38. ejq2323 says:

SOOOO EXCITED FOR BRADLEY COOPER
    the bad part, jake gyllenhaal. i would have go steve carrell for supporting, instead of duvall then gyllenhaal can get in
    jennifer aniston i was sure she would have got in
    NO LEGO MOVIE
    screw it

39. J.E. Vizzusi says:

“A huge and happy congrats to all the folks in Poland that made “IDA” nominated for Best Foreign Film and Best Cinematography! I think I heard a single clap in the crowd.. it missed most USA audiences. I pray it somehow can get re-released. Its a extraordinary effort different than anything made in 2014. Also.. I said I was going to jump off my local beach pier if Emma Stone was not Nominated. Thanks Academy for saving my ass. And.. go Michael Keaton!