New ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Being Released From Christian Grey’s Point of View

Fifty Shades Christian Grey PoV
Courtesy of Vintage Books

And the saga continues.

Author E. L. James will be releasing a new “Fifty Shades of Grey” novel written from character Christian Grey’s point of view. The book, titled “Grey,” will be published on June 18 — Grey’s birthday.

James has dedicated the book “to those readers who asked… and asked… and asked… and asked for this.”

“Christian is a complex character and readers have always been fascinated by his desires and motivations, and his troubled past,” James said in a press release. “Also, as anyone who has ever been in a relationship knows, there are two sides to every story. It’s been a great pleasure to return to my happy place-writing, being with Christian and Ana in their universe, and working with the fantastic team at Vintage.”

“Grey” will be published in paperback and as an eBook by Vintage Books, an imprint of the Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group — a division of Penguin Random House.

“Fifty Shades of Grey is a love story that has enthralled readers in a way that few books have,” said Vintage Books publisher and James’ editor, Anne Messitte. “When Erika mentioned to me that she wanted to explore Christian’s viewpoint and re-open the story, I was incredibly excited for her and for her readers. This book has all the compelling attributes of its predecessors, and I can’t wait for Fifty Shades fans to experience the work again from a perspective they have long desired.”

One of the most successful publications in history, the “Fifty Shades” trilogy — “Fifty Shades of Grey,” “Fifty Shades Darker” and “Fifty Shades Freed” — has sold 125 million copies worldwide. The stories are told from protagonist Anastasia Steele’s point of view.

“Fifty Shades of Grey,” which was released in 2011, was adapted into a film earlier this year. The erotic drama starring Jamie Dornan and and Dakota Johnson was a box office smash, opening to a record $85.2 million in February. It’s since hauled $166.2 million in the U.S. and $569.7 million worldwide.

Dornan and Johnson will reprise their roles in the film’s sequel, which hits theaters on Feb. 10, 2017. Universal is currently searching for a director after Sam Taylor-Johnson announced in March that she would not be returning for the second installment.

Niall Leonard, James’ husband, will write the screenplay for “Fifty Shades Darker.”

1. trudithstone says:

I am so grateful to E.L.JAMES for this I cannot tell you. I feel as though I know and believe me I love
    these characters. Sadly I live and breath them daily.. When is the 2nd Grey book from his view being released? Make fun all you want but James is laughing to the bank and I’m in heaven with the books and the movie and a big kiss to Jamie who was not my Christian until I saw the movie then realized what a genius move it was to cast him. It HAD to be an almost unknown to really be Christian. Thank you
    E.L.James for all of it and for firing that director or so I am told.

• karen siegmund says:

That’s not sad and I’m happy to know that I am not the only one.Can’t wait for Grey 2 told by Christian to come out. I agree the first director didn’t do the movie justice. I hope the next two movies will be more like the books. I was disappointed that E.L James let the first movie stray so far from the book. I really loved the FSOG trilogy and Grey as told by Christian. The Darker and Freed movies should really stick to how the books were written. I hope they represent the books better this time around and maybe just maybe Dakota and Jamie could have a lot more chemistry,heat,passion desire and look more comfortable with their characters especially with their sex scenes. Jamie looks so uncomfortable barely kissing Dakota let alone touching her in any sexual way. I have heard that Jamies wife Amelia who is beautiful and an actor herself has been a complete nightmare since he accepted this role and I think that holds him back,however it is acting. I am not expecting them to actually get it on although that would be worth the price of admission. At least make it worth the price of admission what the fans pay for and deserve. I’m sure the sex scenes aren’t the easiest to film, but again it is acting what he gets paid to do.The fans know it’s they are not really having sex, but want the illusion they are. His wife Amelia should realize this as well. He signed on to act out the character of Christian Grey a hyper sexual, insatiabl, possessive ,haunted, dominant, control freak with mannerisms of constant running his hands through his hair, cocking his head when talking and rubbing his bottom lip. Jamie failed miserably. He is gorgeous but I question if he read the script let alone the FSOG trilogy and especially Grey. Most actors research and read all the can on the role they are agree to take on.Why take a part that you are not comfortable with or is going to and did cause martial problems. Jamie delayed filming Darker to be with his wife and new baby because she was insecure. They knew exactly when Darker would start filming so I question the timing of the baby on Amelias part. Fate or manipulation. She actually followed him on the next movies and went to all the different locations they shot even in Europe.There are pictures of her swimming in the ocean with Dakota and Jamie in between shoots.So many other actors have pulled off sex scenes believable and with heat, desire,passion and being sexy. Ironically for example Kim Basinger did in two movies and she is going to play Mrs. Robinson aka Elena and Dakotas step dad Antonio Banderas also pulled it off in a couple of movies as well. I can’t blame just them the movie left out so many important parts. Like Christian always sleeps with Ana except for the night he thought she was saying no to the contract. The spanking scene lame. Christian ran to be with Ana after she was upset about the spanking. That’s when he starts to always sleep with her even in Georgia they spend the night together. The under table groping scene lame and G rated. Come on Jamie you can do better than that. His modeling shoots are far sexier then him as Grey. I hope Jamie Dornan makes a great come back in the next two movies {Dakota as well} because he really is a good actor. And Amelia if you think following your husband around everywhere because you are jealous and insecure that won’t stop someone from being unfaithful in fact it might do the opposite. If a person truly wants to cheat they will and they will always find a way regardless of how much you stay on watch. Clearly you don’t trust your husband otherwise you wouldn’t {pardon the pun}act this way. And Jamie I think you protest too much. You are always saying Amelia is very comfortable, secure,supportive and not at all jealous about your role in these movies. You constantly talk about how wonderful she is and while that’s sweet it almost feels the like you are trying too hard to push the issue and convince the fans and maybe yourself that all is well because truth be told it’s not. I see like this After I read the book Jaws I went see the movie about a big, scary, man eating. Great White shark and you know what? I did.

2. nordiclover says:

looking forward to this book….

3. Can’t wait for the new book to come out. In honor of it’s impending arrival, we complied our readers favorite quotes from the past 3 books.

4. edward_love says:

Reblogged this on acrazyaddictofunusualthings and commented:
    Grey, see you very soon.

5. edward_love says:

My my! At last! Wishes do come true. :) Can’t wait to get it!

6. Fido says:

Oh my… :) – btw: I wonder what his version of Anna’s inner-goddess will be ?!