Watch: Katherine Heigl Marries Alexis Bledel in First Trailer for ‘Jenny’s Wedding’

Katherine Heigl plays a lesbian whose conservative parents don’t approve of her upcoming nuptials in the film “Jenny’s Wedding.”

In the first trailer for the movie, Heigl’s character’s mom and dad are caught off-guard when she announces she’s engaged to the woman they thought was just her roommate, played by Alexis Bledel.

Tom Wilkinson, Linda Emond and Grace Gummer also star in the pic, which was written and directed by Mary Agnes Donoghue.

The gay-marriage dramedy hits theaters on July 31 and arrives on VOD August 1.

1. David Li says:

This film could make me like Katherine Heigl again ;-D

2. CelluloidFan35mm says:

Many people have had just about enough Heigl at this point and cannot stand her.
    She cannot make a half-decent movie or TV show to save her life and unless she can reinvent herself or start making better choices, it’s only going to get worse for her before it gets better.

3. mortimer zilch says:

if she kept her name…she be…Katherine Heigl-Bledel…that’s something to live with, NOT!

4. Island Planet says:

First, I cannot believe that Hollywood is still green lighting wedding movies starring Kathrine Heigl. Second, I guarantee that this script started with 2 men getting married, but that would be too hard for joe american to watch, so the studio forced a change to 2 women. But not women who look like lesbians. HOT women. Yaaaa. That will be OK. 2 Hot straight girls will get married in our stupid Hollywood stupid not gay movie.

• Daniels says:

What?

• Pud Enta says:

@IslandPlanet .. I couldn’t be more insulted if you’d used the most offensive term you could think of for lesbian. I double dare you to go out and point out the =1 in 10*= lesbian on the street. We look like everyone else, from dowdy housewife type (me) to runway model to famous (Ellen .. and in case you haven’t noticed, she’s gorgeous), and live like everyone else.

Who cares how the script started out? It’s about two women who love each other and the stereotypes and issues we face with our families. I got lucky … got married to a woman at time when it wasn’t yet legal, in a dress and my father walked me down the aisle. Yep. Even lesbians dream of their wedding day (and some of us, the dress).

I invite you to take you bigotry elsewhere.

* I realize that number can be argued. I let it stand. The point remains.

• nara tims says:

They are not really hot, it is a lowbrow movie script for either sex.

5. carl says:

*whose not who’s

Day one stuff really

6. Evelyn says:

Just a grammatical fix I noticed: “Katherine Heigl plays a lesbian woman who’s conservative parents don’t approve of her upcoming nuptials in the film “Jenny’s Wedding.” — *whose* conservative parents..

7. nara tims says:

There will be a lot of ditsy people going to watch the movie, when they could be invited to a gay couples’ home to watch for free.

8. Paul Lane says:

If it’s KH I’m with the parents , ha ha..

9. nara tims says:

It is the new way for yuppie liberal university educated young adults to defile their parents by going gay.
    It is just a bad decision that the gay mafia promotes. Reverse decriminalization to the average American moviegoer.
    Shame on Hollywood gay agenda that should go back into the closet.