‘Jurassic World’ Sequel to Hit Theaters in 2018

Jurassic World
Courtesy of Universal

After the smash success of “Jurassic World,” Universal has dated a sequel for June 22, 2018.

Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will return to star in the film, which Steven Spielberg will exec produce through his Amblin Entertainment banner.

Colin Trevorrow, who directed “Jurassic World,” will co-write the screenplay with Derek Connolly.

On Wednesday, “Jurassic World” became the No. 3 top-grossing film of all-time, surpassing “The Avengers” with a monster $1.52 billion in ticket sales.

It has one remaining territory left to open — Japan, where it debuts on Aug. 5.

1. Cecil Hudson Jr says:

I think the dinosaur from Jurassic park 3/is coming back this time and its gone face adominojs rex angh the dinosaur fro. The 3rd mpvied the trex should be put somewhere to where its come back to clam it’s terrotorry I think he should figthe o e from the third mpvie

2. Artboy says:

I say the title to the nest one should be called “Jurassic World: Secret Place”

3. Zo Hart says:

I love Jurassic World, I think it’s the best so far

4. Jefferson says:

I don’t think Jrassicworld, it’s a rarechance how will they make another one I don’t think it will come out and see

5. Tim Kools says:

I hope it will be better than the Jurassic Park sequels. And I think that the title of the second ”Jurassic World” movie have to be ”The Lost Park: Jurassic World”.

6. Please contact the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade
    Certification Commission (SATCC) for further information.

7. Catie G. says:

What about Nick Robinson and Ty Simpkins? Are they going to be in it as well? I’m hoping they are, because I love the brother to brother bonding Zach and Gray had. It would be so great to see them again

8. shuvendu1234 says:

be careful UNIPIC,don’t jump & dance now.Cause tougher challenges are coming in 2016 & 2017.We’re looking forward to warcraft,the mummy & pacific rim 2(specially).Please,be careful with their development,cost extra/much money if that’s necessary,cause you’ve to cost something to gain something great :)

9. Well at least for this one I wont be wasting my time and money. Bought premier tickets for the night of the release at a super nice theater in my area, bought a customized Jurassic Park themed shirt off of Etsy, was waiting for this film for six years only to finish the movie and nearly cry in disappointment. :l

• Normandywells says:

some kind of weirdo! The movie is fun, fast exciting and spectacular. Love the homages to the original. Are you some cranky old guy or something?

• Jordan N. says:

Had you seen the first 3 movies? Because they were all thoroughly mediocre, at best. For some reason people seem to have a fonder recollection of the JP movies than they warrant, but they’ve all been huge disappointments as far as I’m concerned. In fact, I thought this one was easily the most consistently entertaining of the bunch, with the fewest cringe-worthy scenes/lines of dialogue. Still waiting for someone to do justice to the premise and make a good Jurassic Park movie with interesting characters and something meaningful to say rather than just resort to turning into a derivative B-movie creature feature.

• jedijones77 says:

Agreed. The first Jurassic Park was a disappointment coming from Spielberg. Not as bad as Hook, but a real step down from the similar movies he directed like Indiana Jones and Jaws, and not even as good as many of the genre movies Spielberg produced in the ’80s. The first two Jurassic Parks were co-written by David Koepp, one of the worst screenwriters around and maybe the worst Spielberg has ever worked with. Everything that had to do with the writing and didn’t come from Crichton in the first Jurassic Park was terrible. This one was a leaner, meaner, cleaner film in every way. It had no real depth, but as a creature feature it delivered the goods efficiently.

10. 2 Weeks after Godzilla 2, Ok then.

11. Anonymous says:

I have yet to understand how people keep going back to watch this. I barely made it through one sitting.

• JK says:

I watched it for the effects. It was a roller coaster and as such, was entertaining. However, it was mildly disappointing to watch the key characters become stupid at critical moments in the film.

12. haha love Jurassic 5 title idea. But, c’mon, quit while you’re ahead before you go and do something embarrassing.

• Jordan N. says:

Seems to me this is pretty much par for the JP series up to this point. It’s not like they are known for riveting performances of deeply developed characters or having anything but perfunctory dialogue.

13. Ed Trice says:

Steve should have enough money by now to hire the research staff to make the real park :)

• Elena says:

I hope you realize that the movie series is kind of meant to point out how DANGEROUS that would actually be.

• Jordan N. says:

Not really. The series is meant to provide cheap thrills to moviegoers who don’t want to think or watch something with any depth. All the “playing god” posturing is just a trite cliche; they don’t bother actually exploring the moral or ethical complications of what they are doing, because that would make for a movie that was actually interesting to watch.

14. Cody Fairless-Lee says:

This, in my opinion, is what the title should be: JURASSIC FIVE! :)

15. Already planning for a sequel is great!

16. Paul says:

The Lost Park: Jurassic World

17. AJ says:

I’ve got a bet with my girlfriend that they take the idea of weaponized dinosaurs and run with it, exporting tamed dinosaurs to conflict zones and using them in combat. Chris Pratt reprises his role as a psychic dino handler and BDH is his business manager / ops controller, working to defuse these conflicts before they get out of hand.

18. Phil says:

So what is going to happen? They return to the island and get killed by dinosaurs – just like in Jurassic Park 1,2,3 and World? What an exciting idea.

19. brownville07 says:

Though am yet to see this new movie but the remembrance of Jurassic Park is a sure sign that this would be a blockbuster. Then you can imagine, what the sequel will look like.

20. Spider says:

It will be interesting to see how well the sequel does, now that audiences have gotten their nostalgia fix with “Jurassic World”! :)

21. Beast From 20.000 Postings says:

Yayyyy! Gimme’ dinos over superheroes any time!!!

22. Yay I can start a countdown lol :)

23. LOL says:

Keep ’em coming, Hollywood. The Americans need their fixes of crap.