Jerry Bruckheimer Reveals First Photo of Johnny Depp in ‘Pirates 5’

Pirates of the Caribbean
Courtesy of Disney

Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has revealed the first photo of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in the next installment in the popular “Pirates of the Caribbean” films.

Production on the fifth film in the franchise, which is named “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales,” was recently halted after Depp injured himself off-site. The movie is expected to still make its release date of July 7, 2017.

In this film, the adventures of Depp’s Captain Sparrow take him on a search for the legendary trident of Poseidon. The cast also includes Javier Bardem, who is new to the franchise.

1. My brother is freaking out right now!!! Loves JD. He can imitate the voice of JD. Wants to see so much.

2. Teri bass says:

Oh I just can’t wait!! Love my captain Jack!!!

Savvey?..

3. bijinius says:

…and so it goes. this looks neither good nor bad… merely “bland” in it’s inevitability. I don’t know a single person stoked on ANOTHER ‘pirates’ movie, yet it comes anyway.

4. The movie is expected to still make its release date of July 7, 2017″ — NO WAY! It’s over 2 YEARS OUT and it’s “still expected to make it”? INSANE. lol

5. My husband and me cant wait for July 2017. We´ll be thrilled! :)

We applied as extras for “Dead men tell no tales” but I guess Disney already had enough actors and extras. That would have been a blast. Since my husband and I met through pirates <3

6. adam says:

MAKE THE RELEASE EARLIER!!!

7. Pooples says:

Man, they are really riding this movie franchise out. As Squints said, “FOR-E-VER.”

8. Manish Sahay says:

I donl’t know why but in the recent few movies his (famous) expressions are not there. It seems like he’s not interested in acting anymore and studios are forcing him to do more movies. I hope his expressions are better in the movie than the one in this picture, acting too.

9. duke says:

So, he looks exactly the same as he did in parts 1 thru 4. What a reveal!

10. Paul says:

Looks great.

• Joanette says:

Looks great relly. As he used to. We can´t compare Johnny whith anyone actor in the world. And he is perfect as a man. Wait, this is my expert opinion….

11. Anonymous says:

Already looks over two years in the making.

12. bkbeach4x4 says:

Every time Jerry and Johnny work together Jerry looks a few years younger, but then johnny doesn’t age. I just can’t figure out. These two guys look great and make gold together, it’s a shame they can’t have kids together, but who wants ageless children running around anyway? Can’t wait to see #5.