‘Jeepers Creepers 3’ in the Works From Producer Francis Ford Coppola

Jeepers Creepers 3
Courtesy of American Zoetrope

The “Jeepers Creepers” horror franchise, backed by Francis Ford Coppola, is back for a third time.

Jeepers Creepers 3” is in development with production expected to launch in Vancouver early next year. Myriad Pictures announced Friday that it will finance the pic, which it’s launching international sales for at the Toronto Film Festival.

The original “Jeepers Creepers” was released in 2001, followed by “Jeepers Creepers 2” in 2003. The two movies centered on an ancient creature, known as “the Creeper,” which hunts for 23 days every 23rd spring for human body parts and organs.

The two films grossed a combined $120 million at the worldwide box office.

“Jeepers Creepers 3” reunites the original creative team behind the first two films, including writer-director Victor Salva. Jonathan Breck will reprise his role as the Creeper and Brandon Smith returns as Sergeant Davis Tubbs.

Coppola’s American Zoetrope, which produced the first two films, will co-produce along with Kirk Shaw and Surai Gohill’s Odyssey Media, and Stan Spry’s The Cartel. Coppola, Shaw and Spry will serve as producers and Myriad’s Kirk D’Amico will executive produce.

1. I like to see how the evil person or baddie is killed off in the end.

2. Freddy says:

I can’t watch a film knowing the guy is or was a child molester. Like really ?

3. Carlos Pena says:

How the heck does Victor Salva get work? He’s a convicted child molestor. I don’t care if he did his “time” in prison – this guy has no business being a working director.

4. Ray says:

where is DOG SOLDIERS 2?

5. Patrick says:

I personally want Gina Philips to come back!!!she shouldn’t have turned down the chance to be in the second movie! I want her back

• Kyle says:

Brandon Smith and Jonathan Breck are the only two so far confirmed to come back. Production on the third movie doesn’t begin until early next year so maybe the director will get Gina Philips back in.

6. Bill B. says:

I think there is something wrong with this site today. So many posts have nothing to do with articles’ subject matter.

7. The director is a convicted sex offender. Why Coppola can’t find someone else to collaborate with boggles the mind??? This would be like Subway rehiring Jared!!! There are plenty of skilled filmmakers out there with horror scripts that one can work with, so why keep specifically picking a known child molester???

• Golden says:

So what? So people cant continue to work just because of past mistakes? Get real.

• Grayson says:

So you side with a convicted child molester? You get real you fucking psycho. “past mistakes”, The guy raped a child…HE RAPED A CHILD. and he obviously did it more than once probably to many kids because that’s what Pedophiles do. They don’t try it once and say “ehhh it’s not for me”. You’re trash.

8. spike says:

another potboiler, Francis? sad. with the great films you’ve done, you have to stoop to this drivel?

9. stevenmillan says:

I’m surprised that both Gina Philips and Ray Wise aren’t returning for this sequel(as it was originally intended[around six years ago]).

10. ElijahVRamos says:

Clearly the writers were planning for another season, as the dome came down quickly in this episode likely in the event of cancellation, which then quickly setup future plots. The showrunner previously stated that he envisioned the series running 5 seasons and so perhaps streaming partner, Amazon, could pick it up to air the remaining seasons. This seems unlikely and I doubt anyone will care either way as we’ll all likely forget about this show pretty quickly. Our lasting memories will be how comically horrible the plots were and that Dean Norris from Breaking Bad was the best actor on of this show. Hopefully the cancellation frees Dean up to find a better job, such as on season 2 of Better Call Saul!

11. ReneeNBergin says:

I loved this show. Yes, it was fast pacing at the beginning,, an eye opener. Second year, still thrilling, but very slowly, getting a little complicated. I think you know where I am going with this. I am a loyal fan of this show as well as Stephen king. I wanted either a new season with an ending, or like you said, all explained with the ending in the first season. Wouldn’t it be great if CBS surprise us with a finale? I hope there is a large response of complaints from fans like me. Can only hope.

12. AprilSHuntley@rhyta.com says:

Seriously? That’s the best you can come up with? Jokes that were stale fifteen years ago? Enjoy your ideological stasis, dummy

13. AprilSHuntley@rhyta.com says:

Maybe that doesn’t have to be brought up every time his name appears. He served his time, he’s paid his dues and that rightfully damaged his career terribly, but he does have talent, though he rarely gets the opportunity to make films. He owes a lot to Coppola now and at the beginning of his career. I thought both of the JC movies were very exciting for this kind of junk. I actually like things about the sequel more than the first one, which is very unusual. I also thought Powder was pretty good. Rites of Passage had its moments as well.

14. Sid Matheson says:

I liked Tubbs, the police sergeant from the original movie but according to the 2nd movie, this will be 23 years later and the Tubbs character will be retired. Hope the writing reflects that!

15. Jonny says:

There is gonna be at least one kid in this movie, Trish’s little boy dairy, Coppola better keep a leash on salva during his scenes.

16. Jonny says:

I’ll believe it when I see the trailer. Been watching out for this for 5 years. If salva didn’t like little boys it would already be out.

17. MovieWatcher says:

I liked Jeepers Creepers, and I liked Clownhouse even more, but clearly this is a paid article to promote the movie since it didn’t mention the writer/director Victor Salva having been convicted and serving prison time for molesting a 12 year old boy that was in his movies. I hope there are no minor children involved in the making of Jeepers Creepers 3.

• Bill B. says:

• C'mon you know I'm right says:

Just because the courts said he paid his dues doesn’t mean ****. He RAPED a child. Salva should have served 20-to-life not the slap on the wrist he got. The least we as a society can do is boycott monsters like him.

18. esfsfs says:

Get over it kid.

19. It should be brought up every time. I love Coppola, but he has no business working with this guy.

20. Jonny says:

Your a loser buddy …get a real job