‘The Huntsman Winter’s War’ Trailer: Chris Hemsworth, Charlize Theron Face Off Again

Charlize Theron’s evil Queen Ravenna is back in the first trailer for the ice-laden “Snow White and the Huntsman” sequel, “The Huntsman Winter’s War,” and she’s ready to face off against Chris Hemsworth’s title character again.

The trailer, released by Universal on Wednesday, offers the first look at Emily Blunt, the Ice Queen and sister to Theron’s character. She has the ability to freeze any enemy, which is on display throughout the trailer, and bring her sister back to life through a magic mirror. Together, the two try to “bring fear.” Ravenna was vanquished by Kristen Stewart’s Snow White in the 2012 film.

Hemsworth and Jessica Chastain’s warrior play the Ice Queen’s lieutenants, who run afoul of her when they refuse to follow orders and harden their hearts to love — setting up plenty of battle scenes.

The first “Huntsman” movie grossed nearly $400 million worldwide on a $170 million production budget.

Directed by Cedric Nicolas-Troyan, “The Huntsman Winter’s War” opens in theaters on April 22.

1. Tila says:

So dumb not to have Kristen Stewart on this one, she is the reason I was looking forward to the sequel. I agree the first one could have had more of a plot but she made the perfect Snow White.

2. selfhelp10101 says:

Beautiful scenery very breathtaking cinematic effects, BUT Snow white and the huntsman was played out really underwhelmingly and the storyline disappointed me. How could they possibly make it exciting this time round? If Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron, two of my favourite actors couldn’t save it don’t know who can. They need to stop trying to turn disney fairytales into action movies. Also where is Kristen Stewart?

• Niki says:

Not disney fairytales, snow white, along with many other fairytales included the ones animated by disney pictures, are german folclore fairytales written by the brothers Grimm.
      I agree with the rest, the first movie was less than i thought it would be.

• Sean says:

I must admit that I agree with you totally. Personally I do not find why it had to be a Snow White remake in the first movie. Alas this was by no means a remake of the Disney version; nor even the original Grimm Brothers tale for that matter. It would have been much better if the characters were original and dropped the Snow White bits, including the mirror and used a different artefact (that would have been way too copied from the Snow White tale). Possibly this story might be less anticipated and more appreciated since Snow White has dropped from the story, making it more as it should have been in my point of view.

3. David Altman says:

And what are they going to do, just pretend Snow White isn’t around? She’s the Queen now, right? I don’t see how ANY sequel could EVER work out without some sort of appearance of Show White!!

4. David Altman says:

What turns me off immediately is how the first film never established that Ravenna had a sister of ANY SORTS but magically in this film – voila – she now has one (I guess they had to come up with some sort of plot since they axed Kristen Stewart unfairly!!)

5. CelluloidFan35mm says:

“From the producer of Maleficent” has to be the red flag right there. This looks to be not only a bigger piece of crap than Snow White and the Huntsman, but just as crappy as Maleficent.
    I hope all involved got paid handsomely just for being in this.

6. LOL says:

Oh dear, looks like an advert for an expensive chocolate brand.

7. Marie says:

I thought it was suppose to be a prequel?

8. sweets says:

SONG: HALSEY “CASTLE” – SOOOOO GOOD!

9. Bob Tewilliger says:

have we really gotten to a point where hand held weapons and crowns need to be CGI??

10. Julian says:

This actually looks really good. Had my doubts when I heard this was being made. But it’s a great trailer.