‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Director: Both Sequels to Be Made Into Films

Fifty Shades of Grey Berlin Film

Fifty Shades of Grey” fans should get their inner goddesses ready — it’s about to get “Darker.”

Both sequels to E.L. James’ racy mega-seller “Fifty Shades of Grey” — “Fifty Shades Darker” and “Fifty Shades Freed” — are coming to film, said director Sam Taylor-Johnson. According to Cosmopolitan, Johnson made the announcement at a fan event at New York’s Seigfeld Theatre with James and stars Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson.

The news doesn’t come as too much of a shock. The racy pic is tracking to open at $60 million over its opening on Valentine’s Day weekend, and online ticketing site Fandango said it’s the fastest-selling R-rated title in the site’s 15-year history.

Universal, the studio handling “Fifty Shades of Grey,” said nothing official has been announced yet.

1. lalita says:

I read all three books and I really can’t wait to see the actual film behind it. Why is it taking so long I wish it could come out next year 2016 instead of 2017 really excited to see it. I can’t wait to see Ana and Christian’s love story develop.

2. grace says:

I watched the movie. I think it was exciting! It definitely has me in suspense due to the ending of the film because I believe Ana finally broke thru to Christian and I bet anything he has fallen in love just like she has, only he’s scared to show it because of his past. I can’t wait to see the next two parts!!!

3. fifty shades was the best read the books twenty times
    sophia

4. Ali says:

This movie was amazing!!! Its not just about sex. It’s about life issues and how our life story chooses a path for us and sometimes we miss the best part of it!!! Bad things happen but we should always choose a better way. Thank you so much for making this movie it’s an amazing work of art!!!!

5. Pam Parker says:

BOOK “2” PLEASE!!

6. Kelly marie says:

I only read half of the first book, but I have watched the movie twice already and I love it, its a romantic…kinky….. love story and I can’t wait for the next film……An I hope its the same actor’s as they played the part brilliantly…..😉

7. Chevelle says:

I have not read any of the 50 Shades books but i plan on it before the sequels come out.

8. Cindy Mommaerts says:

I read all 4 50 shades of grey. It was awesome books to read. I just went to see the movie. It was an awesome movie. I hope there is a sequel with the same actors because they really played the parts great. Please don’t wait to long for the sequels. *******:-)

9. Watched the movie twice. I loved it. It was a romantic story and you know sex is always sell. There were less sex than in the book but they made them tastefully. I watched it not because I condone abusive relationship, but just for the romantic story overall. Dakota as Ana was so adorable and Jamie was just fine as Christian Grey. They will have this movie in IMAX next week in my home town.

10. Angel says:

It was awesome. All time favorite scenes from the book was put into the movie. My best friend and I went and seen it the first day it was out and it was epic. After the way the movie ended I had to reread the books all over again. I so can’t wait for the second movie.

11. Dee De Lano says:

LOVED 50 Shades..kinky. .exciting. .and a wonderful love story…my cousins and l had v the grey ties. ..50 shades tv shirts. ..and l cousin brought handcuffs and a whip. …we had our props…we giggled at certain scenes. ..lm 65…my cousins are 30 and 33….can’t wait for the next 50 shades

12. sandy says:

when will the next 2 coming to theater?

13. Tina Davis says:

I saw the movie with my husband. I was not happy that the movie left out a lot of the book. I was happy with Dakota as Ana. That was a shocker. I was against her from the beginning and now, she is probably the best Ana. Jamie seemed uncomfortable. He didn’t seem to be a natural but maybe in the next one, he will be better. Christian is suppose to be tense but not uncomfortable tense!! I left the movie disappointed in how it ended, how it left out so much of the story and hoping that it made enough money so the next one will be closer the the book and give more of the story that makes it the actual love story that it was written to be.

• mama2627 says:

I happen to agree with you. I went to see it expecting it to be a good movie and instead the movie jumped around, and didn’t stick with book. I thought that the actor playing Christian was uncomfortable doing the scene. I would have really liked to see Jax as Christian grey he would have been incredible. I am hoping with all the money they made that the next movies will be better. I also hope that the movies will be more like the books as well. I left the theater sad because the ending was so bad!!!! hoping the others come out better.

14. Teresa busbey says:

I saw it with my daughter and her friend it was not as bad as the book not alit of nudity unlike the book and graphic words and I don’t think it is abusive to wemon some wemon like men doing those things to them it’s all in what u prefer

15. Audrey says:

50 Shades of Greg was a great movie. For the most part it went along with the book. I keep seeing all of these bad reviews and I don’t understand. I look forward to the second movie where I know this will get crazy good.

16. Jules says:

Why do people over analyse everything. Enjoy the books and film for what they are. The books were a good read, it’s like with everything if you don’t like it don’t watch it, nobody forced people to read the books or go and watch the film. Why do people have to whine and slate stuff which hasn’t come up to their over high expectations. Suck it up and get over yourselves. Enjoyed the books and the film, looking forward to seeing the next two films, hopefully. Again, all the whiners out there, don’t go and see them if you can’t just sit back and enjoy without turning into a film critic, who really gives a toss what the critics say anyway, it’s just an opinion not fact, each to their own.

17. tracy says:

read the trilogy and saw the first movie. yes it is explicit, but the readers knew that going in. Movie was tastefully made and the love story that stirred many was very well captured on screen. Yes, I could do without the S & M but was more invested in the actual characters’ feelings than the graphic scenes. If you have a negative attitude going in, just stay home.

18. Lis says:

When are the 2nd and 3rd movies scheduled to be released?

19. Catherine says:

50 Shades of Grey is virtual proof of how warped the obsessions of so many OLDER Twilight & ANTI-Twilight fans were so many years ago (and still). It’s amazing how time muddies things… Fiction done right doesn’t hurt anybody – but, Twilight wasn’t done right; and 50 Shades of Grey is only ONE bad consequence that came out of it. SEARCH explaintwilightbreakingdawnending on blogspot for all the details on how a romantic sparkling vamp accidentally inspired Christian Grey – along with the history of The Twilight Saga and how many ways it has harmed the ENTIRE world en masse.

20. Candace Benson says:

There is absolutely no way that they will capture the sensuous, sexual, animalistic love, lust, and base sex that is in this series. Hollywood has to “conform” to FCC regulations, which is why this film will never reach it’s full potential and why it should never have been made. I have pre-ordered my tickets, but I am skeptical. I have never seen a movie based from a novel that meets it potential. As long as the FCC regulates the ratings into R and R-13, no movie will get a good run.