Disney Announces ‘Frozen 2’

Disney officially announced plans to produce a sequel to “Frozen.”

The company revealed plans during the Walt Disney Co.’s annual shareholders meeting on Thursday from San Francisco.

The first film’s directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck are developing the project with producer Peter Del Vecho for Walt Disney Animation Studios, which took home the Oscar for animated feature for the film.

A release date and production details are yet to be announced.

John Lasseter, chief creative officer of Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios, made the announcement with Disney chief Bob Iger, and Josh Gad, who voices the character of Olaf in “Frozen.”

The sequel doesn’t come as much of a surprise, considering how the first film continues to be a major moneymaking force for Disney’s divisions since its release Nov. 22, 2013 — and helped reinvigorate Walt Disney Animation Studios.

“Frozen” generated nearly $1.3 billion at the box office and has become a merchandising juggernaut, breaking sales records on homevideo and at Disney’s stores.

Outside of a Broadway show and the animated short “Frozen Fever, “Disney has kept its “Frozen” sequel plans quiet until now.

“Frozen Fever,” which reunites the toon’s characters and song writers, will unspool in front of Disney’s live-action adaptation of “Cinderella,” out in theaters this weekend.

“We enjoyed making ‘Frozen Fever’ so much and being back in that world with those characters,” Lasseter said. “Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck have come up with a great idea for a sequel and you will be hearing a lot more about it and we’re taking you back to Arendelle. We are so excited about that.”

Disney used its shareholder meeting to also announce details of its next “Star Wars” films, with Rian Johnson’s “Star Wars: Episode VIII,” to bow May 26, 2017, and Gareth Edwards’ standalone “Star Wars” film, “Rogue One” to star Felicity Jones and be released Dec. 16, 2016.

1. Bas says:

It will be Disney Animation’s first ever theatrical sequel. Anyway the Frozen Universe is has alot of possibilities and the first was great (here hoping for an Olaf spin-off).

2. Blueappleheart89 says:

I love Frozen movie and im excited to see the the sequel movie but I have to read some of your people that if you want to see Elsa and Jack Frost meet as a love interest like if they become boyfriend girlfriend in the second movie the whole world would love to see it will be crazy whole lot of cash and lots of merchandise in the exclusive doll but I’m pretty sure that even though that Jack Frost is from Dreamworks but it it doesn’t matter I like Disney and DreamWorks two movies are very good and I’m loving it so if we ask the Disney company or DreamWorks to make it happen for them to make it into a sequel movie into a love interest they will all be very very happy just think about it.

3. lexi says:

i know im going to be hated for saying this lol but i love plot twist and think that Hans should be the knew love interest if the has to be one, and he was forced into having to kill the sisters because his brothers would kill him if he didnt haha

• Miss Cellany says:

Yeah I love redeemed villain stories too :) I agree with this. Make him the love interest for Elsa :)

4. Erin Hartsfield says:

Hi I found out about this and I have a great idea for the new movie and the he deal is I want this to follow frozen fever and Elsa gose down to the ice castle where she put the present and she had a torch with her and it burns the castle down during that she faints and Jack Frost see’s this and saves her .when she wakes up she immediately falls in love and then on thay start to date and every seems fine until Hans comes back but with more power and try’s to kill Elsa and Jack Frost and Elsa battle Hans and at the end Elsa almost died so they go to the trolls and thay say only true loves kiss will be the only cure and Jack Frost has to kiss Elsa and for a moment it doesn’t work but unexpected she awakes and that rule a wonderful kingdom as queen and King forever

5. Timber Johnson says:

You should make a Frozen when Elsa and Jackfrost met because everyone pictures them as a couple so it would be a great movie

• Niven A Krowe says:

Jack Frost isn’t a Disney character if you’re talking about the one from Rise of the Guardians.

6. Davaughn Smith says:

Mix Dreamworks with Disney for the first time I ask plzz

7. Davaughn Smith says:

I want jack frost to be in the sequal it would make the viewers especially me very happy and it will spark a love story so wonderful it will make people jump out there seat

• dawnmkelley says:

Please tell me your kidding. The one major thing cool about Elsa at the end of Frozen is that she’s the rightful Queen of a throne. It’s like people think Elsa can’t exist or have a valid story without a romantic based “love story”. There’s like 20 billion of those in the Disney canon, can we not go there for once?

8. craftylove12 says:

Ok we get it Ekul! You like frozen! Some people do and some don’t! Everyone has opinions. So shut up!

Somebody needed to say that.
    Haha

9. Alexandr_ivanov says:

Здравствуйте. Я извиняюсь, но, по-моему, Вы не правы. Я уверен. Предлагаю это обсудить. Пишите мне в PM, поговорим.

10. Ekul says:

If you don’t have anything kind to say don’t say it at all!

11. anna says:

Frozen two full length is coming 2018 iam so Happy don’t like it Oh well. Lots of people do. I love frozen. Can people stop saying they hate it. It’s mean. How would you feel if we say we hate a nobody you like

12. Isabella says:

This was very helpful for my project in Computer class

13. zzzz says:

I’m almost 30 and love kids movies and I love frozen I have 2 kids of my own that love it as well I admit I get tierd of it and hide the movie for a week or two but I watch it when I feel like it again

14. Rosa says:

I love frozen so much I can’t wait until frozen 2! :)

15. Ekul says:

Ok, because of MG and Aurora look alike I won’t end the talk! But I am ending bad talk for you guys! Frozen Fever was awesome!

16. MG says:

If you were to make a Frozen 2, then it should be about Elsa and Jack Frost getting married as well as Anna and Kristoff, and for Olaf and sfen to get some new friends👍💖

17. AURORA LOOK ALIKE says:

IM SO EXCITED OMGGGGG

18. Ekul says:

I believe I said end of conversation! But stop cursing Disney! I love Disney! And it was a cute story! And that’s that! End of talking! You hear my guys? Including Hope! Anyway, what did you like when you were little? Emo? If people were cursing that and you were still a kid watching Elmo! How would you feel? Think about the children! They are probably reading all of your curses! Just End of talking! Please!
    Ekul

19. Hope says:

Keep Calm and Money for Fuck-zen xD

• Ekul says:

Hope! Stop! Read what I said! Oh i’ll put it here! : Ekul says:
      March 22, 2015 at 1:14 pm
      Ekul
      Ekul says:
      March 22, 2015 at 1:17 pm
      And now they changed it to 8 minutes! Just sayin!

Ekul says:
      March 22, 2015 at 1:15 pm
      Stop please!

Ekul says:
      4:25 pm
      Yah see or are you blind?
      Stop Cursing Disney!
      End of talking!
      Please
      Ekul!
      If anyone says anything I will …. them!
      And please! END OF TALKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Ekul!
      Achoo! I am allergic to you now I have a cold like Elsa!
      End of talking!
      Ekul!

20. Ekul says:

It was a cute story! End of conversation! Now no more things to that!

21. Ekul says:

Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Ekul says:

I’ll tell you tomorrow if i cried and slept!

23. Ekul says:

Anyway I saw it I know i said i didn’t have time but I did1 It was funny and cute!

24. Mousekateer says:

Disney needs to wake up! FIrst, they can Michael Eisner for giving away too much Disney control to Pixar, and now they’re buying up everything (Star Wars, Marvel Comics) left and right? Doing away with the Fantasia hat at Hollywood Studios is another step in the WRONG direction! And, now? A Frozen sequel? What a waste! I hope it goes directly to the small screen like most other Disney sequels. Frozen was such a lame and shallow plot. This one lends NOTHING for a sequel! C’mon Disney, go back to the animation drawing boards…literally…and come up with something original once again! I love Disney, but I say they’re quickly losing it!

25. I really didn’t care for Frozen and am sick of Let It Go. The implications of the Queen finding love are just too, too…

• Ekul says:

Vickie who cares it is a kids movie some adults may enjoy… but who cares! You would not get it! But please don’t let me cry in my sleep again! Same thing to you too Mousekateer! and also to everyone else who said stupid bull crap! But stop! I bet Frozen ( voices, director and more.) people are reading this and possibly kids so stop! And stop calling it stupid!

26. Ekul says:

I am still upset! I was sleeping! And I was crying and sleeping! Now I can’t go to bed so now I am watching Frozen with my kids! ( since it’s the weekend ) Now they are singing my favorite song! That you need to do!

27. Ekul says:

if you like Frozen search on youtube: Frozen Fever behind the trailer!

28. Ekul says:

EVERYONE! IT IS NOT A MOVIE IT IS 30 MINUTES! STOP SAYING DISNEY IS FULL OF SHIT BECAUSE IT IS NOT! WHO CARES IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT KIDS AND SOME GROWN UPS DO! AND KIDS ARE OUT OF YOUR SIGHT TO WATCH THIS MOVIE! I MEAN WHAT IS THE BEST BIG HERO 6 OR FROZEN! BOTH SAME INVENTORS! AND THEY DO GET MONEY! THEY ARE JUST MAKING IT 30 MINUTES! KID OUT OF MY SIGHT! THEY ARE ALSO MAKING A FROZEN TV SHOW! KIDS OUT OF MY SIGHT! AND ANYWAY ADULTS LIKE THIS TOO! ( A LITTLE!) AND SO WHAT IT IS EVERYWHERE! IGNORE IT! AND IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE MOVIE! DON’T COMMENT OR GIVE A CRAP! SOME PEOPLE ARE HAPPY! DON’T BREAK EVERYONE’S HEART! AND ANSWER MY QUESTION! AND IF YOU DON’T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT FROZEN DON’T EVEN SEE THIS SITE OR FROZEN EVER AGAIN! AND YES THEY MIGHT GET MARRIED! WHO CARES! BECAUSE YOU ARE BREAKING MY HEART! GOOD DAY! AND I SAID GOOD DAY! IS THERE SOME KIDS THING YOU LIKE? OH, WIPING KIDS BUTT! GREAT! GOOD DAY!

Ekul!

29. Ekul says:

It’s 30 minutes! Sounds ok… But you can’t see it in your life unless you watch that movie! I’m not watching! So I guess I’ll get it on demand FOR FREE ( or rent!) in 120 days! I can’t wait! Time is moving write now! I want changing time powers! If… we can watch it on demand… someone tell me if we can~!

30. Krystal says:

Super excited !!

31. Krystal says:

I think Anna and christoff should get married and Olaf needs a friend !!

32. Gloria says:

Yay!😁 Super excited!!! I give Disney ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐!!!!👍👌👏👏👏

33. Raquel Munoz says:

Super! It was about time. May they have more and more squeals. RaquelMunoz

34. I don’t think there should be a frozen 2.You are probably asking why well films like frozen shouldn’t a have sequel.I’m sure they have some great ideas but films like frozen you shouldn’t mess with the orginal.Also if its like tangled 2 that’s just a bummer wow they got married. Yes I love frozen as the next person but like I said don’t mess with orginal sorry if people disagree my opinion.

35. sexybatman says:

NICE I AM LOOKING FORWARD THIS WA SMY FAV MOVIEI LOVE THIS MOVIE

36. trinity says:

so want to see this

37. big slurp says:

go to hell disney

38. They should call it Frozen 2: Arctic Boogaloo.

39. sss04 says:

Reblogged this on The Sai Pages and commented:
    FROZEN 2!!!

40. Alan says:

It’s a kids movie. It is not being made for adults. If you don’t like it that’s fine – it isn’t being made for your enjoyment.

Chill out.

See what I did there. Frozen jokes…

• Ekul says:

I TOTALLY AGREE! THIS IS WHAT I BEEN SAYING! WHAT IS UP WITH BAD WORDS PEOPLE! Alan IS TOTALLY RIGHT! FOR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

• Agreed. will speak of a thing that runs through all animation. The parts that make life feeding new life and where life comes out of are seen as not being family friendly. There would be no families without them. People got everything backwards making the maker of them to be indecent. They are shaped diffidently with each species. Some species do not show them eternally. People need to relax concerning them.

• marie says:

Pople re allowed to express their opinion. Chill out.

41. dani says:

i’m going to shoot myself in the head

42. jessie says:

the lion king is better but really most of you are talking about how this movie sucks. This is the best animated movie done by Disney with tangled right behind it. Is it really so bad for them to be making another one? A lot of kids out there are so excited to see this upcoming movie so if your gonna say something like,noooo or this sucks then just don’t say anything. Plus most of you liked the movie when you first saw it. the only reason you don’t like it now is because its everywhere. Well i know its annoying but it natural expecially for it to be such a big hit. So how about all the haters just “Let it go.” lol

43. Harry says:

This movie sucks, the lion king is better

44. Paul says:

Ugh….

45. Francis says:

I hope this is a joke, Frozen is really overrated and bad, sick of seeing it everywhere all the time

46. Mr0a1 says:

Why!!!?? hasn’t Disney tortured us enough with the first movie!?

47. Ben says:

Frozen sucks

48. 7S9 says:

Disney please stop, frozen is the worst movie ever

49. John says: