‘Batman V. Superman’ Trailer to Premiere Monday in Imax Theaters

Ben Affleck Batman Superman

Imax will debut Warner Bros.’ first full-length trailer for “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” next Monday in some of its theaters.

Director Zack Snyder confirmed the news via a tweet and trailer tease late Wednesday.

The Celebration Cinema theater in Grand Rapids, Mich., disclosed the April 20 event as “Batman vs Superman Imax Trailer Event.” The running time is 15 minutes.

Warner Bros. and Imax had no comment. The studio had been planning on a wide release of the trailer for “Batman v Superman” attached to the “Mad Max: Fury Road,” which opens May 15. An earlier release would not only allow WB to attach it to Disney’s “The Avengers” on May 1, but also give the studio a chance to show off footage to exhibitors at next week’s CinemaCon confab in Las Vegas.

The first tease for “Batman v. Superman” was unveiled last year at Comic-Con, a year after the project was announced as a sequel to 2013’s “Man of Steel.”

Snyder is directing from Chris Terrio’s script, from a story by Snyder and David S. Goyer. The cast includes Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Jesse Eisenberg and Jeremy Irons.

“Batman v. Superman” is scheduled for release on March 25, 2016.

1. Bela Ghostly says:

Michael Keaton was the best Batman! and it’s not because he looks like him he’s a GREAT ACTOR!
    Ben Affleck is NOT! I don’t know the guy from Superman and hated the first movie. Hollyweird has
    sucked for the last 20 years only 10% of the movies made were good or great. I stopped going years
    ago. I have my own big collection of classic movies TV shows and cartoons! F the new Hollyweirdos!
    I won’t be going see this crap! STOP MAKING REMAKES ESPECIALLY OLD HORROR MOVIES!
    The last great movie made was Ed Harris and Vigo in Appaloosa. Now that was movie making.

2. Lenny mosley says:

Yes would like to read more articles like that one

3. steph says:

The actors are so boring! This doesn’t need great talent but Ben Affleck is as expression less as Henry Cavil! Wish this had better actors with some dynamic personality. Still hoping they surprise us.

4. drakeca89 says:

I hope they make the footage available sooner thatn the 15 min for Dark Knight that was really tough to see if you missed it by not being at the theatre.

5. Sydney says:

Why are y’all acting like Man of Steel was good or like they aren’t releasing their trailer just in time to make sure it airs before AOU. This is going to flop so hard.

6. This is clearly a nod to stupid 4/20. Makes me sick.

7. Mark Bigford says:

Just let me see it!

8. Doug says:

the DC fanboys are out today! Calling the MCU movies juvenile trash is REALLY silly/ trolltastic

• man1985 says:

I agree. While IMHO the 3 Nolan Batman films and Snyder’s MOS are all superior movies to anything from Marvel (except Winter Soldier and Iron Man 1) its still WAAAY to early to declare the DCCU to be anything. You can’t say its “more mature” because we haven’t seen a single second of any other DC movie besides MOS. Who’s to say that in order to make the JL seem believable that they have to put some of that “more realistic” tone on the backburner in favor of a more “juvenile” feel.

That being said I do agree that Iron Man 2 & 3, Thor 1 & 2, and Avengers are all way too much kiddie fare for my taste. GOG was silly too but it kinda worked for that movie. Reminded me of the Fifth Element. Sci Fi Space Action mixed with pretty good comedic scenes. Some jokes tho….. that “dick” joke…. come on. Is this Middle School again? Iron Man 3 was by far the worst. Joke after joke after joke. They whole freaken movie turned out to be a joke. I couldn’t take a single scene serious because i couldn’t tell if I watching Iron Man or Bugs Bunny.

They MCU movies are “fun” movies. Which usually means they’re kinda dumb and/or childish. Which they are. Like I said tho…. I really loved Winter Soldier. To me its the only one of the MCU movies that wasn’t a complete kiddie fest and the only one I’ll rank up there with Nolan movies, MOS, Spider-Man 2, X-Men 2, and V for Vendetta.

9. swrise says:

And this trailer will be better than the juvenile, pile of trash MCU in its entirety. Marvel represents quantity, DC quality.

10. Dani says:

Hoping the trailer doesn’t disappoint like the movie that preceded it.

11. It’s still the greatest mystery of the 21st century as to why Snyder was given 3 DC films, soon to be 4! NO ONE liked Watchmen, Man of Steel reception was way more mixed than Superman deserves, so let’s give him 2 more! huh?

• man1985 says:

Most “non-critics” loved Man of Steel. Don’t let Rotten Tomatoes influence what you think of a movie.

Sure the second half was wayyyy over the top and bombastic. Still…. finally getting to see Superman showcase his powers…. that was a spectacle to behold. His fight against Faeora and the “tall Kryptonian” in Smallville was one of the best action sequences we’ve seen in the past decade. But even that wasn’t without its flaws….. I could’ve done without the blatant 7-Eleven, iHop, and Sears product placements for one.

• Isacc Alves says:

Nah, most people like 300, Watchmen, Dawn of the Dead and Man of steel.

And Watchmen and 300 are awesome!

12. J-dog says:

Bummer, I’m busy Monday. I hope we get another chance to see this footage between now and March 25th of next year.

13. actually it wasn’t Latino Review who broke the story. It was a group on Youtube named Geekphilia.

14. Isacc Alves says:

Awesome !!!

15. Stephen says:

This trailer will be the high-water mark for this piece of garbage