Which Trailer Is Better: ‘Batman v Superman’ or ‘Star Wars’?

batman superman star wars

Hollywood’s two biggest trailers of 2015 premiered this week–“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.” The question is–which one is better?

Vote now!

1. SAMURAI36 says:

IMHO, BvS is far better. For one thing, the SW trailer is not much of anything new. A lot of it, we’ve already seen from previous SW movies. Old Cherie & Han, the M-Falcon, some druids? Been there, done that.

But this is the FIRST time we’ve seen Batman & Superman together on the big screen EVER. No contest, IMO.

2. Howdy My name’s Theron.For 10 years now I’m in China as being ELT teacher.I first
    found your blog while I was searching for arts & crafts resources for my
    ESL class some time ago. I continue to keep returning ever
    since. It is my favourite write-up up to now. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and
    writing it all up.

3. Należy przecież pamiętać, że wesele to nie tylko tańce i dobra zabawa, ale też wiele pyszności na stole, które gdzieś przecież
    muszą się zmieścić.

4. pancake says:

Ale koneserzy nie wyobrażają sobie sushi czy
    sashimi bez cienko pokrojonych kawałków tuńczyka.

5. skywalker says:

Hey hey lostrod, john just wanted to write something dat wud make him stand out among d other comments. M sure he wudnt actually be crying over a trailer..;D As fr d topic here, star wars ‘trailer’ is way better..

6. Lostrod says:

Crying over a video is a bit sad. It’s just a trailer. I like both trailers but would never cry over any trailer.

7. John says:

Star Wars Ep 7 ; the only trailer capable of nearly moving me to tears EVERYTIME I replay it.

8. Jas (@j_as) says:

I’m ever so excited for Batman V Superman. But, if we’re just comparing trailers, then Star Wars by a mile.

9. nerdrage says:

Star Wars, because it actually interests me. Plus it has Oscar Isaac!

I’ve never got the whole DC thing. Batfleck is kind of intriguing but wtf, since when is Supes some kind of psycho alien killer with delusions of godhood? That’s just weird.

10. ObserverMI says:

Both are anti-climatic.
    Kinda burning out on the whole Super Hero saturation.
    And Star Wars….. leave the past to the past.

• my thoughts exactly regarding rehashing the past for star wars. nostalgia is deceiving they all fell for it from the voice over to Vader’s mask to han solo to the melanin falcon all the pieces are there but not the feelings .

11. OK all in favor for star wars …….. are from 45 years old and above the other 200 million citizens with BvS just facts …… sorry it is the truth old timers.

• I’ve never watched the old Star Wars movies because I wasn’t born when they came out and they don’t really interest me; I did watch one or two of the prequel Star Wars movies but they were a huge disappointment. However, I’m very excited about the new Star Wars films because I believe the fundamental material — the Jedis, the lightsabers, the interplanetary adventures, the variety of alien races, the space battles — has thrilling potential, much more so than just another effing comic book superhero movie (and Superman has always been the dullest for me). And btw, I’m nowhere near 45 years old. Your logic is as stupid as you look in your profile pic, bruh.

• nerdrage says:

Judging from the poll results, Variety’s demographics skew old.

• Rick says:

Going by your logic, Mostafa, shouldn’t all of the BvS fans be in their 80s and 90s? Superman and Batman have been around since the late 1930s, where as Star Wars didn’t come out until 1977. Get your facts straight before you post!

• yes supes been around since 1934 actually bats since 1937 or 38 but the affect they have exceeds star wars for younger generations besides lets be honest here as a kid what attracts more having super power or lightsaber star wars came in time the fx didn’t exist it looked good if it is made today it would be meh but every time there is batman movie every on will go see it give it 10 years and most of those who are die hard fans of star wars will be dead. i know the facts just fine more than you do as it seems.

• Andy says:

I really dont want to be mean, but this is one of the dumbest comments ive read. Do you really think that the only star wars fans out there are 45 and up? Have you been to any star wars conventions, comicons, or…anything? Star wars has been and always will be a phenomenon that spans all ages. Like my parents did (because its good parenting) the first movies i will show my kids are star wars.

• first no i have not second if you get the impact of exposure to the whole films and tv shows about superheros and all that exceeds a lot of other materials including star wars tell me old timer when was your last positive feeling about star wars unless you are a fan of the prequels i would say 30 something years ago. any way i am not american so i really don’t care all that much about star wars but here in Africa we are all familiar with batman and superman so don’t get buttehurt about it your culture is relatively new if it is affected by fiction

12. Alex says:

Geez, just release them now. Do the dimwits at Disney think I’m going to lose sleep until Christmas? With this hype, these flicks BETTER be dam good.

13. Sunny says:

SERIOUS??? … two complete different movies, genre, generations, arts, etc. – there is no comparison!

but the star wars teaser 2 was just amazing! I am a big man of steel fan, but the SvB-Teaser didnt catch me :-(

14. PS says:

The Star Wars trailer was the better trailer by a mile. I hated the run-of-the-mill trailer music in the Batman v. Superman trailer whereas the music in the Star Wars trailer was really good and refined. I can’t wait for the synth-heavy trailer music fad to be over.

15. bsbarnes says:

The Star Wars trailer promises that J. J. Abrams might capture the same zeitgeist he managed with his Star Trek reboot, which would be a remarkable achievement. “Chewie, we’re back!,” might become the pithiest catchphrase of 2015: indeed the Force is with this one, yes!

16. Dano says:

Star Wars was actually an entertaining trailer that made you want to see more. BvS looked like another 2+ hours of Snyder’s patented blend of dour, charmless, underlit CGI grittiness and laughable Shakespearean drivel. The last good film he made was Dawn of the Dead. Kudos, DC.

17. John Miller says:

The story that the “Batman v. Superman” teaser was “leaked” was just something Warner Bros. cooked up so they could release it right after the new “Star Wars” teaser. Warner knows that the only way they can get any attention for their movie is to step on the toes of another movie.