‘Full House’ to Return for New Season on Netflix: Report

Full House Revival
Image courtesy of ABC

Netflix is one step closer to ordering a new season of “Full House,” the ABC sitcom that ran from 1987-95 starring John Stamos and Bob Saget.

According to TVLine.com, which broke the news, the new show would be called “Fuller House” and would focus on Candace Cameron Bure’s character of eldest daughter D.J. and her best friend Kimmy Gibbler (Andrea Barber).

A Netflix rep said the report is “just a rumor,” without elaborating. Warner Bros., which produced the sitcom, declined to comment.

Episodes of the original show have aired on Nickelodeon channels like The N and Teen Nick before landing at Nick at Nite. It maintains solid ratings there and has averaged about 1.2 million viewers Monday through Wednesday of this week.

Members of the “Full” cast reunited for a yogurt commercial that aired during the 2014 Super Bowl, while Stamos and Saget also appeared together in a 2011 College Humor skit. The show has a sizable Internet fanbase, with 4.3 million likes on Facebook.

“Full House,” created by Jeff Franklin, also starred Dave Coulier, Jodie Sweetin, twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Lori Loughlin and Scott Weinger.

1. Stacy says:

I just love Full House so much!

2. MR Evans Johnson says:

Good day ladies and gentle men am Mr Evans Johnson a God fearing and honest loan lender who can change your life from bad to Good i want you to understand the fact that i give my loans out in a low interest rate of 3%. Bad credit acceptable,The Terms and Conditions are very simple and considerate. You will never regret in this loan transaction because i will make you smile through out this transaction, because you where not born to be a loser my terms and conditions are very simple what are you waiting for asap why don’t you try Mr Evans Johnson loan company and be free from debts, Any interested clients should contact me Asap via Email: ( Evansjohnson1@outlook.com) for further proceeds. Please fill the below application form and get back if interested and you will be glad of knowing a loan lender like Mr Evans Johnson

BORROWER’S DATA

1. Full Names:……………………….
    2. Contact Address:…………………..
    3. Loan Amount Needed:………………..
    4. Duration of the Loan……………….
    5. Direct Telephone Number:……………..

I will be looking forward to hear from you so as to
    proceed.

Kind Regards

MR Evans Johnson

3. Jane Tyler says:

Bob Saget should NEVER appear on the new show coming up. For years all he has done is bash the old show and how sickeningly sweet he thought it was. He Hated appearing on it. He doesn’t deserve to have any part in it, even behind the scenes. It used to make me so mad when I would come across something he had written. That show never needed him and doesn’ t need him now either!

4. Kevin says:

My life is complete.

5. David Levinson says:

WHY????????

6. Angela Houdeshell says:

I am a fan of Full House! I enjoyed watching the constant humor!

7. Nietzsche says:

We’re all pawns in that nerd’s game!

8. Shaun Steven says:

This is amazing. Netflix is really killing it right now. you can get Netflix anywhere right now.

9. Oooh says:

Ooh is that one meth girl going to be in it?

10. No! Just no! Spend that money on something worthwhile Netflix! This is just bad.

11. Steven says:

If it gets done I want older seasons on Netflix. I’ll watch them until I catch up to the new season:) win win

12. npa_ says:

so.. is this actually happening or is it not. this report is conflicting..

13. Will says:

That picture features a lot of white people

14. Ricky Roma says:

April Fool’s one day late? Or is it real and the joke’s on us?

15. Stephen says:

April FOOLS

16. lisa t says:

This is maybe the best news of all time.

17. That might be a FUN addition to ABC’s Sit Com Family, I liked that show and I like all of those people!

More Digital News from Variety