‘Grace and Frankie’ Gets Second Season on Netflix

Grace and Frankie TV Review Netflix
Melissa Moseley for Netflix

Netflix has given a second season to “Grace and Frankie,” Variety has confirmed.

The series, which bowed on the digital channel earlier this month, was created by Marta Kauffman and Howard J. Morris. It stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin as sworn enemies who find common ground when their husbands leave them for each other. Season two will debut in 2016.

“Let me say, it’s so awesome to do a show on Netflix,” said Kauffman. “Because two and a half weeks after we launched, Miley Cyrus does a tweet about your show, and they call and say, ‘We’d like to do a season two.’ So yes, there is a season two. We have Ted [Sarandos] and Miley to thank.”

“Grace and Frankie” is produced by Skydance Television for Netflix. Executive producers for the series are Kauffman (through her company Okay Goodnight), Morris, Paula Weinstein, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, Marcy Ross, Fonda and Tomlin.

1. Rebecca McPherson says:

when does season two start?

2. KAM says:

Grace and Frankie is by far one the VERY BEST series on any television network anywhere today. Absolutely Brilliant! Refreshing, Funny, Human, Clever, GENIUS! I cant stop watching one episode right after the next. I am crazy hooked. Fonda an Tomlin are Amazing and Genius and the cast as a whole< I love every single one of them, The chemistry and the of casting is perfect like lightening in a bottle. Bravo, Bravo, Bravo Kiss Kiss Kiss!!!

3. Lisa Boggs says:

I love this! I’m addicted to watching each episode! Ran out of seasons to watch, hope there’s going to be more!!!! Come back Grace and Frankie please!

4. Never have these stars been better. A smart, funny look at being over 60. Have just discovered this show at a friend’s recommendation. Brilliant!

5. I thoroughly enjoyed this show.I watched every episode in 2days. Never have I watched that much tv. Loved it, Will there be more and when????

6. Darlene says:

Great show need more of this kind of show. Jane and Lily couldn’t have picked better actors then these two great ladies. Please give us more.

7. Yolanda says:

Love the show!! Fine irony, true feelings. Great!

8. Jane says:

Will grace & Frankie be back for a third season?

9. Nita Cannady says:

Thought I was crazy when watching the episode with Sam Elliott I thought I’ve seen this before jogged my memory bank it’s almost the same scene in Lilly’s movie Grandma. Why did they do that?

10. lilacs3155yahoocom says:

How do I watch this?

11. Joan Gail says:

I love everyone in the cast except for June Diane Raphael who plays Brianna. Her character comes across as a very spoiled brat who only cares about one person, herself.

12. Donna says:

I’m 58 and I love love love it!

13. Susan Specker says:

I just found this show and it is fabulous. I’m 55 and it doesn’t matter what age you are because there is something relevant. Love the acting, actresses, actors, and music. This is my new drug of choice! My son’s are always wondering why I’m laughing so hard!

14. Eve Bellini says:

I hope this show keeps going. I am 46 and LOVE Frankie. I am a lot like her and it is great to have a spot light on the older generation. It is about time people seen that Older people are just as important and can still be wild and have a great life. Grace and Frankie are the best. Love you all. Keep on Keepin on.

15. Paulette says:

Just finished season 2, really wanting season 3 now.

16. Lisa says:

This show is THE best,great talent of 2 classic talented beautiful women. Makes me feel young again and shows me I’M not obsolete. TY Keep it coming!!

17. Lisa Mendoza says:

I freakin love this show….it is the best thing on netflix….PLEASE PLEASE give is season 3 FAS!!!!!

18. Jacquelin says:

bring on season three please

19. S says:

Grace and Frankie is possibly the singularly best thing to ever hit our screens.

It’s not about cops and robbers and gore and death and violence (the usual Hollywood crap) – it’s about real, modern day life, how reality can be stranger than fiction when certain changes sweep through your life and how two very beautiful ‘over the hill’ (they’re so not!) women cope.

It’s funny, it’s so heartwarming and so very worthwhile watching that I will cancel my Netflix subscription (again) when I’ve finished watching season 2 (which I’ll probably do in one weekend).

20. Diana Rodriguez says:

Grace and Frankie series one of the funniest, realistic and emotion filled based on what most middle age woman find themselves going through on daily basis. Please do not stop making this show.

21. Michelle Stuesse says:

I love this show and I’m ready for season 3!! Please keep making it!!!

22. Chris Yarimie says:

I love this show. I turned it on to check out the first episode and binge watched 2 seasons something I have never done. Hope there is a season three. Jane and Lily are great

23. Terri Sagerquist says:

Love it I can’t wait for more. I was just going to watch 1or2 a day no I watched the whole second season. Funny sad happy. Thank you for a great show

24. Elaine Kain says:

Love season two! Watched it all already! Hope theres a season three!!

25. miriguti says:

LOOOOOOVE this show! It’s basically the only TV series I watch. Very creative writing, all actors are perfect together, lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda are AMAZING! just perfect plot!!

26. Jean D says:

Why can’t I find season 2 of Grace & Frankie?

27. Constance J Cloak says:

I am so happy that there is a season 2…I hope it keeps going for awhile. I just wish they didn’t wait so long in between the seasons.

28. Beverly montgomery says:

I love this show can’t wait to see the 2nd season!

29. Cheryl Andrews says:

This is my favourite show. Kudos Jane and Lily. You are FABULOUS. The writing is hysterical. LOVE, love, love this show.

30. DeDe Petersen says:

I completely love this show so excited to hear that it is going to continue!!!! This is one of the best series I have ever watched. THANK YOU!!!!!

31. Heather L. Cherwaty says:

I love this show is can totally see myself as a pot smoking annoying best friend in this great comedy!

32. Toni says:

We love this show the best in yrs to hit Netflix and or TV for that matter..omg I am so excited to watch it again and see a new series.

33. angel dishaw says:

Awesome show! The actors are fantastic!! Thank goodness there’s a season 2, just wish it would hurry up!!!

34. Connie O says:

Stumbled upon this Netflix series. Absolutely hysterical! Recently divorced at 55 years old, not for the same reason, but can totally relate to Grace and Frankie all the same. Can’t wait for the new season. Bravo Netflix!

35. Jo says:

Love this show. Excellent cast and very well written.

36. Sue says:

Found this by accident on Netflix. Absolutely fell in love with the show!!! Keep up the great work and can’t wait for the next season to begin!

37. Lee says:

This is an amazing show for any age group! It cleverly deals with the issues of growing older and the special challenges we face, yet, it connects us all through a common thread that, at heart, we never really grow old. We are still that same soul inside, we are simply growing wiser and enjoying life more. I love every minute of this show, it makes me laugh, cry and feel really good inside. There is hope for joy, love and new beginnings at any age-fantastic job here by all!

38. Debbi says:

I absolutely love this show. Cant wait to watch Season 2!!!!

39. Denise Resnik says:

I have binge watched the entire season! Love it! Cannot wait for season two. It is such a refreshing
    show.

40. Charlotte Harwell says:

I love this show. I have watch it 4 times and have it on again right now. I told my Mom and all my sisters about it. We are all hooked!!!!! Please hurry with season 2. Can’t wait.

41. tabitha says:

i cant wait for the next season ilove this show my whole family watches this

42. Leslie Wentz says:

I am so happy that there will be a Season Two!

43. Rita Carson says:

Can’t wait till season 2!

44. Loved this incredible show! Excited about a second season.

45. Ms.Hollywood says:

So excited for Season 2!!! LOVE this show!!

46. Anita says:

When will Season 2 be available for fans to see on Netflix?

47. Maria says:

We love the show!!! We can’t wait for season two. THANK YOU!!

48. Joan says:

When can we see season2

49. Brenda wheeler says:

I sat and laughed all through this show! So happy to have a second season! We seniors need showed like this, superb writing and acting.

50. Kathy Golub says:

Cannot wait. Terrific well written perfectly cast show. Laughed out loud at every episode.

More Digital News from Variety