CAA has promoted 20 staffers to agent or executive status in key departments across the agency.
The move signals a focus on grooming talent from within the agency. CAA recently suffered a rare public blow when more more than a dozen agents opted to leave for UTA.
In recent years, CAA has regularly promoted lower-level staffers to agent or exec status, often in groups of four, five or eight. In 2012, it announced a group of 14 such promotions. But 20 is a sizable number that likely reflects an effort to beef up morale and energize a clutch of mostly younger agents and execs.
Promotions to agent went to the following:
- Kevin Lin — Theater
- Olivia Blaustein, Hannah Kuzniecky, and Matt Olson — Television
- Tommy Bruce, Ben Coles, Caitlin Davidson, Kasey McKee, Spencer Sherman and Emily Wright — Music
- Josh Rahm and Rhys Broussard — Motion Pictures
- Adam Paulsen — Film Finance
- Matt Elefant, Heather Grosz and Roman Di Somma — Sports
Promoted to executive:
- Sylvia Friedel, Farrell Ulrich and Chris Yenn — Marketing
- Giselle Leon — Lifestyle
The promotions are spread throughout the agency’s offices. Blaustein, Broussard, Bruce, Elefant, Friedel, McKee, Olson, Paulsen, Rahm and Yenn are based in Los Angeles; Davidson, Kuzniecky, Leon, Lin and Ulrich are based in New York; Sherman, Grosz and Wright are based in Nashville; Coles and Di Somma are based in London.