USA Network Renews Drama ‘Satisfaction’ for Season 2, Cancels ‘Rush’

Satisfaction NBC

USA Network is 1-2 with its new drama series so far this year. The NBCUniversal cabler has given a second-season order to relationship drama “Satisfaction” and it has pulled the plug on medical drama “Rush.”

“Satisfaction,” from Universal Cable Prods. and creator Sean Jablonski, generated some critical buzz in its portrayal of a modern relationship and a couple who make unconventional choices to keep their marriage intact. Matt Passmore and Stephanie Szostak star.

“Satisfaction” wrapped its 10-episode first season on Sept. 18. The show averaged about 2.2 million viewers across all airings in Live Plus 7 ratings. That’s modest by the standards of USA’s top series, but what sealed the renewal for “Satisfaction” was the strong lift that it delivered in its L7 ratings. Such movement is a evidence that viewers are seeking it out after the initial airing.

“Rush,” which starred Tom Ellis as an unconventional doctor, did not have as much traction with critics or in the L7 race. The series came from 20th Century Fox TV’s Fox 21 banner.

USA Network prexy Chris McCumber credited “Satisfaction” with “sparking a cultural conversation about modern love and marriage.” Jeff Wachtel, prez and chief content officer for NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, praised Jablonski and the stars for  delivering “a fascinating storytelling journey that our studio is excited to continue bringing to life.”

USA has yet to announce renewal decisions for three other drama series: “Graceland,” “Royal Pains” and “Covert Affairs.” Also awaiting a decision is its fate is femme buddy comedy “Playing House.”

1. Ann says:

This show is DELICIOUS! Each episode brings new twists and turns. Please keep the episodes coming! So much better than Showtime’s “The Affair”.

2. S. says:

I am a mother with 2 children and I am a teacher. I think this show is setting an extremely bad example for the future generation. What are you trying to instill in these kids? Why not put the show on HBO or Show Time, but not on a cable channel. Adults are supposed to be role models for children, teaching them to trust and have faith in people close to them. Your show blatantly teaches them that it’s ok to cheat on your spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend and promiscuity is the only way to gain popularity in school. Do you realize the vulnerability of these children?
    I can not understand why this show is scheduled for Friday night at 10:00 on cable tv; a time when most teenagers are watching television! Do you know the average age of your viewers? Probably not.
    Why can’t writers/producers/any one else affiliated with this show respect the younger generation, grow up and take responsibility for the future? Is promoting infidelity and promiscuity the extent of your intelligence? Are these the values you want your children to learn? If so, who will they ever trust? This is so sad, so beyond the control of parents. Show a little dignity and integrity. These are words that certainly do not apply to this show.

• Ann says:

This show is for adults, not children. It is not intended to set an example for future generations. It’s entertainment! I have watched each episode and it does not “teach” students that promiscuity is the only way to gain popularity. The daughter became popular at school after she wrote a song and sang it on stage. She does not sleep around. Satisfaction is actually better than many of the premium shows on HBO and Showtime.

3. Sue says:

Yea!!! I’m so happy to hear they will have season 2 of Satisfaction. I was totally hooked on season 1 and I’m so looking forward to season 2 starting👍

4. Antonia says:

When does Satisfaction start again. Looking forward to it. …..can’t wait.

5. Sh says:

Cancelling Rush was so stupid. Best show on USA

6. Penny Chapin says:

When does Satisfaction start, I can’t wait….

7. Eleni says:

Please please please bring back covert affairs! I’ve watched every episode! The show is awesome!! It’s so disapointing! I couldn’t wait for season to start so I can watch it!

8. Virgil seibt says:

NBC no brain channel they cancelled allegiance the best new show on that network

9. Julie Sweeney says:

Rush is a great show. Good shows are always canceled. Making a terrible mistake!

10. Renee says:

I like Satisfaction but love Rush more. Please bring it back.

11. CBLJNKY says:

USA Cancels another Great show RUSH!!! Bring back Rush…Royal Pains jumped the shark long ago and we also need to see more episodes of Graceland

12. christy Davy says:

Rush was a good show to watch is there a chance it.will be back?

13. Come on now you have to bring back Graceland, Royal Pains as well as Satisfaction PLEASE!!!!!!!!

14. sally says:

love the show , have all episodes of him in Mcleods Daughters.

15. Leigh says:

When does Season 2 for Satisfaction start?

16. Melanie says:

When does satisfaction start airing season 2?

17. liz says:

When does satisfaction air again?

18. Alex Alarcon says:

Please don’t pull the plug on Rush that was such an amazing show loved it. If anything playi g house and modern family are not eye catching and addictive as Satisfaction & Rush. These shows are better than those and in my opinon I would much rather see more seasons to come. Even Graceland as these 3 shows are so addicting once you start watching them. My all time favorites ever since “Burn Notice” end!!!!

19. Felecia says:

I agree, keep Rush and Satisfaction and get rid of “Playing House” (I just couldn’t get into it, try as I might), and “Royal Pains” (their storyline is played out, plus it’s a similar plot line to Rush, but Rush is fresher and edgier). Can’t wait for “sirens” (funniest show since Modern Family, seriously made me laugh out loud).

20. Jada says:

Rush was the bomb dot com. Please bring it back. The adrenaline Rush is great and very realistic. This show was very sexy, dramatic, nail biting. Very entertaining

21. lara says:

Please bring Rush back..I love it endlessly and it has more storyline than satisfaction+telling people about Rush already,the series is great

22. Tam Garcia says:

I loved Rush! Satisfaction gave me the creeps!

23. Buddyg says:

sorry to see Rush go. Really good show.