TNT Orders ‘Cold Justice’ Spinoff Focused on Sex Crimes

TNT Cold Justice Spinoff

TNT has ordered a spinoff of reality investigation series “Cold Justice” to focus on unsolved sex crimes, the cabler announced Wednesday.

The untitled series, produced by Wolf Reality and Magical Elves, will follow a pair of crime experts as they travel the country to assist local law enforcement in closing long-unsolved cases involving sex-related crimes. 10 episodes have been ordered for a spring 2015 premiere. Former Harris County, Texas, prosecutors Casey Garrett and Alicia O’Neill will headline the series.

Dick Wolf, Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz, and Tom Thayer serve as executive producers on both shows, with “Cold Justice” expert Kelly Siegler also serving as an executive producer on the spinoff.

Garrett, a protégé of Siegler, has been first chair in more than a hundred criminal trials as both a prosecutor and defense attorney. O’Neill, who also worked with Siegler in Harris County, is a forensics expert with specialized training in DNA analysis.

“This new ‘Cold Justice’ series on sex crimes is about the healing that can come for survivors and their loved ones when an assailant is finally brought to justice,” said Siegler. “But it’s also about the bravery it takes for survivors of sexual assault to come forward and tell their stories, which in turn helps investigators close cases that can prevent the assailant from abusing others. As one of our detectives puts it, ‘When you kill someone, you take their life. When you rape someone, you take their soul.’ We hope that Casey, Alicia and their team of investigators are able to bring first-hand justice and maybe even a small sense of peace to the survivors of sexual assault.”

“Cold Justice” averaged more than 2.2 million viewers in Live+7 ratings this summer.

1. Cori and Magdalena gallo says:

please contact me i know of a rapist who is retired cop and a pedophile he is very smart at what he is doing i have contacted every law enforcement and has done nothing i watch your show and maybe you guys can put this scum away too much info to write FBI was a joke along with the DA please help me Cori thankyou

2. Monica riley says:

Could you please look into Tammy king murder Pricehill Ohio 2other girls where thought to have been killed by the same man serial killer but it is still unsolved she was 5 months pregnant and left behind a five year old son her body was found in Hampton county she was a dear friend and no one seems to be able to solve these three girls deaths even though they said there was dna

3. Chuck Sams says:

fake and setup……… they are so bad at what they do………

4. Richard says:

Is TNT having second thougts about going forward with Season III of Cold Justice, after the recent ruling that its star withheld evidence in one of her major trials as a prosecutor?

5. Enrique says:

I strongly believe in cold case files and I know there’s thousands and thousands unsolved if we televised the most devastating punishments for rapist and murderers I bet my life most of them watch tv and would really think wow I’m going to get caught and shown on TV being tortured for my crimes and I deserve it I better stop before they stop me if course there’s a few that are in search of a Bullet but that’s global it saddens me knowing the statistics on the rapist rate in America someone does that to one of my family members they better get the next shuttle to the moon as I’ll give the common wealth a reason to feed me cloth me and baby sit me for the next 25 years at the wonderful tax payers expense. Which is nothing when you see the local sheriff of the country you live in taken out funds from the sheriff’s office to throw a fully paid day at the golf course all food drinks and of course golf all paid be the tax payers and some of these officers correctional officers being also paid by state there regular salary to play golf eat drink collect a check and thank the tax payers I know I witnessed it happening! I couldn’t even put a number on the cost of that day paid out by tax payers and they don’t even have a clue about it but the sheriff will put in for another 500 thousand or a million dollars for program funds for the inmates that’s nothing but a farce a huge joke money laundering at its best by the common wealth I was there remember I see it first hand sad but extremely all the truth and can be looked into and proven I know that cause it all did happen..:-)

6. Good, am happy a “spotlight” will be shown on these insidious crimes. With today’s technology and forensic updates, hopefully we will see these worthless pervs taken away in handcuff’s. Of course the “pro sex offender” groups like the commenter “Jeane” are already coming down on this show.

7. Roni McCright says:

Love the Show Cold Justice, and always enjoyed John Walsh. Was dissapointed when Wanted went off the air. Wish more off the Cold Case’s could have been solved. There are so many people who need closure. My sister has a cold case sex crime that was never solved 40 years ago. It still comes up in her life.

8. Jeane says:

Can u just lose john Walsh this is at least his 2nd show with cold justice. Pls don’t do it agsin

9. Jim Sanchez says:

Are these the same Harris County prosecutors who brought the bogus cases against Tom Delay and Rick Perry. I sure hope not.

10. Alfonse says:

Will it be entitled: “Cold Justice: SVU?”