TLC Cancels ‘Here Comes Honey Boo Boo,’ Citing Concern for ‘Health and Welfare’ of Kids

here comes Honey Boo Boo

TLC has pulled the plug on “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo,” one of its most prominent series, following allegations that the mother at the center of the show has been romantically linked to a convicted child molester.

“The statement of me dating a sex offender is totally untrue,” Shannon said. “I would not ever, ever put my kids in danger.”

Shannon confirms that TLC has halted production on the show and that the Discovery Communications cabler has told the family to remain “hush, hush” about the allegations reported Thursday by TMZ. TMZ posted a grainy photograph of Shannon and the man in question, claiming that it was taken recently at a hotel.

TLC’s move comes two months before the show’s fifth season was to premiere in January. The cabler will take a financial hit in scrapping an undetermined number of episodes.

“TLC has cancelled the series ‘Here Comes Honey Boo Boo’ and ended all activities around the series, effective immediately. Supporting the health and welfare of these remarkable children is our only priority. TLC is faithfully committed to the children’s ongoing comfort and well-being,” TLC said in a statement.

On Thursday, TMZ reported that Shannon has recently been dating a man convicted of molesting a relative of Shannon’s who was 8 years old at the time. TMZ reported the man was released from prison earlier this year after serving a 10-year sentence and is now a registered sex offender in the state of Georgia.

In her video, Shannon asserts: “I have not seen that person in 10 years. I do not want to see that person.”

“Honey Boo Boo” revolves around the lives of Shannon and her extended family in rural McIntyre, Ga. Shannon’s young daughter Alana Thompson (aka Honey Boo Boo) is a former child beauty pageant contestant who gained fame after being featured on the TLC series “Toddlers and Tiaras.”

“Honey Boo Boo” bowed in 2012 and has ranked as one of of TLC’s highest-rated series. The show’s last original episodes aired on the cabler in August. The TLC website on Friday still featured a page for the show, although no episodes appear to be scheduled on the cabler at present.

1. SonnyC says:

I don’t care about this, i’m making around 4000$ a month. There is tricky way i found on the internet. If you want to learn it too, simply type in google: Willis Mounts Strategy

2. Forklift Foot says:

“June Shannon posted a video statement on the show’s Facebook page Friday morning denying the allegation that she has been dating a man she identifies as “Pumpkin.”” Pumpkin is the nickname of one of Shannon’s daughters, not the man she’s dating. This is the same mistake AP made — and the two pieces read an awful lot alike (although I don’t know whose came first).

3. Charlotte Hinderliter says:

Its about time they woke up and realized that the show was a very poor example of how children should be raised.

4. annie smith says:

what was so remarkable about this ill mannered family.The way they acted was deplorable and disgusting. Guess they should have saved the money they made instead of squandering it. Glad its cancelled. This is not desired programming.

5. Don says:

Cancelled? Good.

6. trinidad Gutierrez says:

I am so disappointed that TLC decided to cancel here comes honey boo boo! I didn’t see anything wrong with the show, nor the cast/family. For a true redneck family, i think they portrayed themselves in a tasteful manner and a lot of love in that house.. I waited every week to watch!!! They made me smile, laugh and cried. I missed the season finale (the wedding). I guess that now that the show has been canceled, i will not get to see. My opinion, dumb idea!!!! I’m sorry but I’d rather see this show than a bunch of mother’s shoving candy down their children’s throat’s in questionable clothing. To me those children are being exploited by their mother’s.

• foofty says:

I’m with you. I also loved watching the show. You can truly see, even though they may not have the best manners, there was solid family love there. Momma June truly loves her kids and grand-daughter. I am sad for Sugar Bear because he is one of the sweetest most loyal men to his Alana and to June. He is good people and I would be sad if June truly is/has used him and really didn’t love him. June isn’t the best quality of a gorgeous woman inside and out, Sugarbear was the best thing she is gonna get in this lifetime. She is stupid and selfish. Hope Alana can end up with Suggie.

7. Miranda Murray says:

I can’t believe that show made it onto TV in the first place. It would be interesting to know the demographic and location of the people who watch this….. is it just people in the southern states that find this entertaining?

8. Greg Marotta says:

Andy Cohen is a fiend, Michael. He relishes in stereotyping ignorant people, especially if those people are Italian-American. How would he like a show that stereotypes gay people?

9. Go ahead, write the word “cabler” one more time.

10. “Supporting the health and welfare of these remarkable children is our only priority.” I’m sorry, did they say “remarkable children???” What’s “remarkable” about them??

11. Greg Marotta says:

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of celebrating ignorance on reality TV. Although with people like Andy “Citizen” Cohen out there still ready to pounce I am a bit pessimistic. Maybe the proposed “Christmas with Teresa Giudice” Bravo special will mandate corporate higher-ups to start pulling plugs.

12. dunstan says:

Meryl, well said. But “trailer trash” come in all shapes and sizes and is no longer based solely on economics or financial stature. Witness “Real Housewives,” “Big Brother,” “Utopia” or the bulk of so-called “reality” shows featuring social mutants of various stripes.

13. Jacques Strappe says:

Brain cells across America simultaneously increased.

14. Bill Holden says:

Seems to me that Social Services needs to step in immediately for the safety of the kids and take them away from this mom making very bad decisions with the men she chooses to “date”.

15. Its about time we stopped glorifying trailer trash

16. TONY says:

“TLC is faithfully committed to the children’s ongoing comfort and well-being,”

C’MON, YOU’RE KIDDING RIGHT????

Did you not realize what garbage you were airing in the beginning???
    Or was it just ‘funny’????