TLC’s ‘19 Kids & Counting’ Returns With Series-High Rating

19-kids-and-counting

The brood of TLC’s long-running reality series “19 Kids and Counting” keeps getting bigger, and so does the size of the show’s audience.

On Tuesday, the season premiere of “19 Kids” drew its largest audience to date, teaming with the best-ever season premiere for “Little People, Big World” to lift TLC to No. 1 for the night among cable networks in all key female demos.

Originally called “17 Kids and Counting” when it bowed in 2008, the TLC series averaged a best-yet 3.29 million viewers in the 9 o’clock hour Tuesday, more than double the audience it drew with its summer finale on June 10 (1.59 million).

In adults 18-49, “19 Kids and Counting” (1.4 rating/5 share), whose premiere picked up a few months before Jill and Derick’s wedding, was television’s No. 3 program for the night (behind NBC’s “America’s Got Talent” and a “NCIS” repeat on CBS). In women 18-49 (2.2/7), it topped everything on television Tuesday.

Following “19 Kids” on Tuesday, the 10th-season premiere of “Little People, Big World” drew the show’s largest audience for a season opener (2.075 million). It did a 0.8/3 in 18-49 and led cable for its 10 p.m. hour in women 18-49 and 25-54 (1.3 rating in both).

Elsewhere Tuesday, the second night of two-part original History movie “Houdini” did a 0.72 rating in 18-49 (down 23% from its Monday premiere) and 2.66 million viewers overall (down 28%).

1. hi jill and derick how is then going with or family jill i am so sorry about or brother i know i is not hem ok jill come on praying ok god is there for you all the time ok jill tell derick i am praying for hem to ok for his mom ok i love to see you on tv on tlc jill and derick so how it feel to be in love jill how is or littile baby sun jill or you going to have a neer baby jill i know that or sisther is haveing two baby ok jill i like you jill and or sisther to ok my name is krystal Ramnarine i life in toronto ont canada 2737kipling ave apt #812 m9v 4c3 my mom name is miss.Martha Ramnarine ok we love to go to church on satnday ok jill i know you have church in or home and that is good jill and derick my birthday is in april 21,2017 ok jill i hope you and derick will come for my birthday i am going to be 26 yaer old ok jill and derick and ii will like to have one of or books ok for my birthday ok jill thank you jill and derick you colud being or sun to ok my mom number is 647-704-4928 ok jill and being or sisther to ok the one how haveing two baby ok jill thank you o by a way my email is krystalkira1991@outlook.com that is my email jill ok can you send me or email jill thank you god bless you and or family ok love you all ok campe god in or pray all the time ok jill

2. Jes Mccloud says:

I LOVE this Show. I Love this Family and how they support each other in everything. My daughter and I watch it every Tuesday Night.

3. Deb Williams says:

I am not a fan of this show but my interest has been peeked since the Duggar girls are courting. I think that Jim Bob, josh, Michelle and Anna are all in it for the money and Jim Bob will never miss an opportunity to cash in on a dollar.

4. luna says:

well of course ratings are up because the shows are actually interesting now11! jill and derrick and ben and jessa are sooo stinking cute and cant wait for the wedding ahhhh!!! also Jeremy and Audrey on little people big world are soo freakin cute!!, did you see that proposal!??! omg the cutest proposal I’ve ever seen <33333

5. debbiemc says:

Somebody got their info wrong. 19 Kids & Counting started as 13 Kids & Counting

6. Eva says:

I am getting sick of seeing those commercials of Little People Big World. I think they need to take AMY off that show. she has turned into being so rude, inconsiderate and hateful towards Matt. she doesn’t appreciate how hard he TRIES to work on that farm to give to the kids after they are gone. all she does is go out with her women’s groups to lunches and things. so get a life Amy or leave the show PLEASE!!!

7. Eva says:

It is not coming on here until this Tuesday!! I can’t wait to see Jill and Derricks wedding!!!!

8. Jan Warren says:

When is the show being showen in the u.k. I love it can’t wait please please lol

9. Debbie Hawkins says:

Was.just disappointed all the advertising made.it.seem.like the wedding.was.going to occur on Tuesday. Are we.gonna have to wait half way through the season to see the wedding?

10. I Gordon says:

Does anyone in this household WORK! Seems ashamed – in reality the parents are actually living off of their children – stop and think about it..If no children what would this guy be doing???? I guess all he can do is make babies (AND I LOVE babies!) -however, the father should get a job. Put all that money up for college – 17 kids after the second young lady marries!! OR has he already “wiggled” college scholarships for each – – from the public or promises from network??? ABSOLUTELY CANNOT STAND TO SEE A VERY HEALTHY LOOKING MAN DO NOTHING!!!!!

• Deb Williams says:

I agree that the controlling, dominating Jim Bob should get a job with benefits. So it looks like you can lay up and make babies until you can’t, then get a TV Show and get paid to travel all over and have health and dental insurance. Michelle might enjoy life if Jim Bob got a job and got his stinky breath out of her face. The best time of my life would be the time he was work, because you wouldn’t have to be worried about getting pregnant.

• tamj69 says:

Get your facts right. Jim Bob has always had a real estate business as a profession and still does. He has also been very active in politics.

• Jim Bob owns and manages Rental Properties, some being Companies. That IS working and earning a living. He and Michelle also do travelling and speaking engagements, some having to do with their books. He does much more; but this is some of the main efforts. I love how he helps so much with his kids, even taking them to Dental appointments! Great family.

• I agree gets the facts right before u critise ,they r awesome always doing things for others you should take a leaf out of there book .

• Eva says:

yes John David has his own landscaping business, Josh sells cars, Jessa and Jill are on call to deliver babies and Jim Bob helps all over town doing things.

11. Nina says:

Why would they jump from derick proposing directly to the wedding? They will be showing all the preparations first.

12. Reesa Carroll says:

I think this says a lot as to what people are wanting to see on television……good, clean, family entertainment. We need more shows like these!!!

13. D Gonz says:

I didn’t find the commercials misleading. TLC was advertising the new SEASON and was giving a glimpse of what would shown in the new season, not necessarily just what would be in the premier episode. If they covered the wedding in the season opener what would they show the rest of the season? ;) Either way, I love the Duggars and I’m happy to see and hear they are doing well! :)

14. Tina says:

I knew we wouldn’t see the wedding on the first episode because if you watched the commercials you would have heard “this SEASON on 19 kids and counting! So they take most episodes and a snip it of each episode and put it all in one commercial and say “this SEASON”… Wish they would have had a special wedding episode during the summer so we wouldn’t be so behind…now she’s pregnant! I’ll still watch every week though! Love the Duggars!

15. Kim Murphy says:

Yeah. Love the show but the commercials were misleading :-(

16. I think alot of followers tuned in to LPBW to see the engagement or were folding clothes and just left the tv on after the Duggars, otherwise it’s the same old sad stuff. And why give us mixed messages, Matt & Amy seperated but she demands he come to her pop-up restaurant opening? Huh? And now they’re planning a ski vacation? See I watch the ads.

17. Junie says:

Very misleading, thot that the wedding was going to be on. Love the Duggers but TLC did not do right. Big let down.

18. Sandy says:

Yes, they got that rating because we all thought we were going to see the Wedding! Love the Duggars, but very misleading on TLC’s part in the previews.

• Rhonda Street says:

I agree! TLC should be ashamed for misleading everyone! I love the Duggar’s no matter but I really was sad when I began to notice that I would have to wait a few more weeks to see this wedding!

• tamj69 says:

They never lied or misled anyone. Why would the wedding be the first show of the season? Come on guys, be realistic here.

• linda says:

i was sad to learn that we weren’t going to see the wedding I took off work for this love them but lying not a good start the next time something good comes along people won’t be to quick to jump still waiting to see the wedding