TNT Eyes ‘Titans’ Superhero Series

Teen Titans Series TNT
Image courtesy of TNT

TNT is getting into the superhero game, as the cable channel and Warner Bros. are nearing a deal on a pilot production order for “Titans,” a one-hour live-action drama based on younger characters in the WB-owned DC Comics universe.

Focusing on known names (at least to comicbook fans), the show would center on Dick Grayson, the former Robin who emerges from Batman’s shadow to become Nightwing and the leader of a fearless band of heroes who include Starfire and Raven. Scribes Akiva Goldsman (“Batman Forever”) and Marc Haimes (“The Last Word”) will serve as exec producer and co-exec producer, respectively, with Warner Horizon Television producing.

Shows based on comicbook characters are en vogue right now, given the popularity of AMC’s “The Walking Dead,” ABC’s “Agents of SHIELD” and the CW’s “Arrow.” Three other shows based on DC characters are launching this fall: “The Flash” on the CW, “Constantine” on NBC and “Gotham” on Fox. This deal is somewhat apropos, though, as DC Comics has a character named TNT. Known for his — ahem — explosive personality traits and radioactive powers, the character was popular after World War II.

Goldsman is repped by WME and Hansen Jacobson. Haimes is repped by WME and Management 360.

The animated series “Teen Titans,” which also focused on these characters, previously aired on Cartoon Network and the WB. “Teen Titans Go!” began airing in 2013 on Cartoon Network.

1. Juice says:

Teen Titans and TTG are both great and they have very different goals. One is more a comedy my kids and I love then both, TTG cracks me up and yeah I love the voice acting. Honestly what worries me most is doing the whole super power thing. How are they going to do Raven or Beast boy with making it looking cheesy and cheap.

TV has been focusing on heros with more real word power (like arrow)

2. Chelsea says:

MOG this is awesome, I love Teen Titian when I was a teenager it would be more amazing to add Static Shock to the story line. Go Go TNT.

3. “Scribes Akiva Goldsman (“Batman Forever”).” Oh, dear god, NO!!!!!!!!!!!

4. jonesy974 says:

Teen Titans! was awesome. TTG is completely stupid. Seeing all the titans would be cool, but I’d be way more interested in seeing the villains from the cartoon played live action. Jinx, Tara, Robin as Red-X, Atlus, Plasmas, and the one and only Slade!!!!

• The biggest problem with TTG is that
      A.) Snyder the former CO of Cartoonnetwork (Essential crashed CartoonNetwork into the ground starting with CNreal *shudder*) was more focused on getting comedy shows that a younger audience would gravitate to, by trying to emulate Nickelodeon and Disney. Meaning he also treated the scheduling and etc of action shows kind of like crap.

B.) The people who were hired to write TTG in an interview admitted to knowing nothing about Teen Titans story based on the older show upon goin into writing for it.

My biggest qualm with it though is the humor, actually the show stand alone is actual funny, but it was the fact that it was the Teen Titans (Along with the og voice actors) that made it a slap in the face to anyone who like the original show. Which technically was who this reboot comedy series was aimed for.

I only say it was aimed at the og viewers cause they went through the trouble of getting the og voice actors and making it Teen Titans which is a name people would gravitate back to.

• coolguy62345 says:

you know Red X wasn’t from DC right? and “Slade” as you know him is actually Slade Wilson, AKA Deathstroke, who appeared on CW’s “Arrow” (i didnt think it was that great a show honestly, but if you want to see live action Slade, there you go)

5. Skye says:

I would definitely watch it! I’ve loved the Teen Titans since I was little. Sure hope they go through with it.

6. As a kid I LOVED the original Cartoon Network Teen Titans series! I’m excited for this live action version. I hope it isn’t whacky; the Teen Titans I watched as a kid had whacky episodes, but the other episodes were kind of dark, more mature, I loved those ones.

7. Frank says:

Please, this needs to happen. This is my favorite superhero story. I’m already bursting at the seams for more details and to see the actual thing. Go TNT!

8. Liam Scanlan says:

Somehow, I have a feeling that, should this get picked up, Cartoon Network, TNT’s sister network, will air that “Responsibility” episode of “Teen Titans Go”, which features Nightwing, to promote it. LOL!

9. PhilG says:

WILL DONNA TROY/WONDER GIRL BE IN IT FINALLY..?

10. Marie says:

If they’re actually going to do this then they should get the voice actors who did the “Teen Titans” voices.