‘The View’ Taps Rosie Perez and Nicolle Wallace to Round Out Panel

Rosie Perez Nicolle Wallace The View
Getty Images

The View” makeover is complete, as actress Rosie Perez and Republican PR vet Nicolle Wallace are said to be close to deals to join the ABC daytime talkshow alongside Rosie O’Donnell and Whoopi Goldberg later this month.

Perez (pictured left) and Wallace (pictured right) have done guest stints on the show as “View” underwent a top-to-bottom remodel that included everything from a revamped social media presence to key hires like “Rachel Maddow’s” exec producer Bill Wolff, after the departure of co-hosts Jenny McCarthy and Sherri Shepherd and Barbara Walters’ retirement in May.

The “View” panel will launch the show’s 18th season from a new set on Sept. 15.

“These are powerful and accomplished women from different walks of life who have had amazing personal and professional experiences. Each brings incredible perspective and information to the table,” said Wolff.

The “View” producers spearheading the makeover were known to have sought a prominent Latino presence as well as a conservative perspective, in order to ensure a lively debate on topical issues. There was much talk that the show would appoint a permanent male panelist for the first time in its history.

Perez is a stage and screen vet who recently penned the memoir “Handbook for an Unpredictable Life.” Wallace was a former spokeswoman for President George W. Bush and she worked on John McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign. More recently she has been a political analyst for MSNBC and penned the political novels “Eighteen Acres” and “It’s Classified.”

1. Get the Hook! If
    Rosie can’t help her voice, she can shut-up. Let’s get Barbara’s idea off the air. It is a real annoyance, something that can be used as torture on POWs. The program has sunk to new lows.

2. Teresa says:

I tried watching this show AGAIN after Rosie came back just to see her exit in a ridiculous way again , however couldn’t bare it. Nicole’s voice drove me insane. I had to change it before throwing something at the tv to shut her up.

3. Wattpuppy says:

It just doesn’t matter. There is nothing to be learned from anyone on that panel. Wallace is the only intellect there. Soon, as liberals always do, Wallace will be shouted down. Useless waste of time.

4. LABete says:

With the exception of Nicolle Wallace, this panel is too old, too unattractive, too annoying, and too NYC for me. And since I’m a liberal, I’ll probably disagree with everything Nicolle has to say, so I guess I’m out. It’s sad because I was hoping the reboot would get The View back to its roots of intelligent educated multigenerational women from different walks of life.

5. srvwp2013 says:

Why cannot anyone ever rid us of “The View”? Once and for all. Period. End of story. “The View” is one of the best arguments for censorship and no freedom of speech in America. Anyone connected with “The View” is a waste of space, oxygen and all resources on the planet.

6. Sally says:

Nicolle will be silenced. There is no such thing as “more than one opinion” on that show. Ugh. Like Perez, but her voice is hideous. Cannot stand O’Donnell. Whoopi used to be great but that ship has sailed. Will never watch it. Hopefully “The View” will be obscured by these people and fade into oblivion. Too bad Meredith Viera isn’t going to be on it.

7. Julie says:

This will be a very East Coast show.

8. Carl says:

I wonder what demographic “The View” is going after. This doesn’t seem like a lineup that will be getting many younger female viewers.

Rosie has already failed twice on the show. Why would they want someone who doesn’t even know steel can burn. She’s the queen of mean with wild conspiracy theories.

Rosie Perez’s voice is so annoying, I don’t know how much people can take. An hour a day is certainly way too much.

Nicole Wallace is a RHINO. She’s not a conservative. Rosie O was scared to be challenged by @SeCupp, @KayleighMcEnancy or any others.

The new producer worked on the laughable Rachel Maddow show. The View will sink in the 18-49 demo. The Talk will beat it by big numbers.

9. Jacques Strappe says:

Interesting mix of personalities. I give it an overall B+ rating. Wallace has the most thankless job but unlike the previous “conservative” hosts, she is actually intelligent with something to say. Will Rosie O’Donnell get in her face? Probably so but I think Wallace can both take it and dish it out. The addition of a Latina is understandable but I only question the selection of Rosie Perez. She has one of the most annoying voices, sounding like some inner city gang banger. There are absolutely more intelligent sounding Latin women who are also more intelligible.

10. donna says:

I like Rosie and Whoopi so I’m going to watch. I certainly don’t care how old any of the hosts are – it’s what they say that counts. I’d rather have the multi-talented Rosie and Whoopi with their multiple awards than airhead reality “stars” at the table. Good luck to all of them.

• Johnny Q American says:

On an interview, Whoopi revealed that she was called Whoopi when young because she passed gas a lot. Her opinions are just that – “rarefied” hot air. She was great on Star Trek. But like so many Hollywood types, she thinks her booty is gold, and because she is famous, her opinions should be embraced by the less informed lowly masses. YAWN. Rosie O’Donnell is just an obnoxious, mad-at-the-world, no-class reject that represents so much of what is today wrong with the world. My wife is looking over my shoulder, and says I am too kind in my assessment. It will do. We will just settle down with our Kindles. Time on earth is too precious to waste on tripe.

11. scott macd says:

What a truly grisly line-up. Good riddance to “The View”. The only reason I watched the show was for the wit and wisdom of Joy Behar. Where in hell has she gone? Her short-lived “conversation” hour on the HLN network was the finest talk show ever!

12. NUMBER OF THE DAY: 202
    (combined age of the four old ladies hosting ABC’s “The View” on September 15th)
    TWO-HUNDRED & TWO!!!

13. Dan Sullivan says:

I would enjoy the view if there were actual educated women on the panel as opposed to celebrities. Rosie still has a pretty decent rack.

14. WTF. Hilarious that ABC would put THREE, uh, older, annoying-as-hell actresses, way past their prime, on a show they are allegedly trying to save. Not exaggerating: worst casting decision in TV history. R.I.P “The View.”

• Michael Anthony says:

Way past their prime? I guess you are one if those who think that people come with an expiration date. Its sad.

An if this is the “worst” casting decision ever, then you must have led a very sheltered life.

15. Cameron Huff says:

I don’t know Wallace, but cannot imagine rosie won’t chew her up and spit her out. Good

16. Lin. Woods says:

The addition of Rosie Perez and Republican PR vet Nicole Wallace to the mix of ladies on The View should make for an interesting talk show cocktail. I can’t wait to see what jumps off on the show.