‘The Shield’ Actor Arrested in Shooting Death of His Wife

Michael Jace, a veteran actor who appeared in the FX cop drama “The Shield,” has been arrested in Los Angeles on suspicion of murder following the shooting death of his wife.

Jace was detained by the LAPD at the couple’s Hyde Park home Monday night after his wife, April, was found dead of gunshot wounds. The actor was booked on suspicion of homicide early Tuesday morning, a police spokeswoman said. An investigation is ongoing.

TMZ reports that Jace called police at approximately 8:30 p.m. Monday and said, “I shot my wife,” remaining on the phone until police arrived to find his wife dead. Sources reportedly tell TMZ that Jace’s children witnessed the shooting.

Jace also appeared in the TNT drama “Southland” as well as several other TV shows and films, including “Forrest Gump.”

1. Just Another Battered Wife says:

Another wife beater killed his wife.

Slap on the wrist.

The public doesn’t care about us anyway.

I wish I would have stayed. I would have ended up like her. Leaving was a worse fate – my abuser won’t stop torturing me.

Simply because I lived.

2. Lisa says:

He’ll get off. The reason why these men kill their wives is because they know they will. The system is stacked against abused women. I was told that I was not only wasting the police’s time but putting them in danger. So, the police admitted my children and I were in grave danger but just didn’t care. My ex is still walking around free after choking my daughter and then I. Sickening.

3. Leroy Nesby says:

Stupid punk,should go to prison for the rest of his miserable life

4. JillinoisRN says:

In front of the kids…. it doesn’t get much worse. SO sad.

5. CK says:

In front of his children: What a horrific “legacy” to leave them to cope with for the rest of their lives.

6. gida says:

Tragic and inexcusable – what is wrong with all these actor types?

7. Probably the least expected actor ever to have possibly shot his wife. Amazing to me.

8. Life IS Not Supposed to Imitate Violent Art I am crying for this woman I do not know and this Man who needed to know Christ and the Children who will forever be scarred. I have never watched the show and yet My God it is TV. People ask me why is the title of my book Scared SIngle but Not Afraid. Smart enough to be tentatively scared but not fearful because Fear cripples all progress. We need to know the people we marry and recognize the signs you cannot change…..

9. rgold02 says:

What a terrible crime to do! To take his wife’s life, right in front the children.

10. tom says:

Glenn C…go somewhere and get a life…u disgust me…for real!

11. tom says:

Who cares what race he is? Only a racist fool would even focus on that part of this tragic story. This country is full of morons…I swear!!!

12. leperous says:

The fact that you took a crime story and made it into a race issue and then cried anti-white bias is pretty much the dictionary definition of racist behavior.

13. Stephan Klose says:

Irony can be pretty ironic somethimes