‘The Powerpuff Girls’ to Return With New Series in 2016

Powerpuff Girls dance pantsed
Cartoon Network

“The Powerpuff Girls” will return to Cartoon Network in 2016, the cabler announced Monday. The reboot will include a new television series and a full licensing program that will roll out across all regions. The show premiered in 1998 and was created by Craig McCracken.

“The original ‘Powerpuff Girls’ was a franchise phenomenon for Cartoon Network, paving the way for a new generation of innovative storytellers and enthusiastic fans worldwide,” said Rob Sorcher, chief content officer, Cartoon Network. “We are calling these girls back into action based upon an overwhelming demand for sugar, spice and Chemical X.”

Canceled TV Shows: What’s Not Returning Next Year

The series earned two Emmy awards during its 78-episode run, and spawned a 2003 feature film, a 10th anniversary special, and a re-imagined CG special, “The Powerpuff Girls: Dance Pantsed,” which aired on Cartoon Network in January and featured the voice of Ringo Starr.

“As the original ambassador of girl power, ‘The Powerpuff Girls’ brand continues to resonate with people of all ages and there is tremendous excitement around introducing Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup to a new generation,” said Pete Yoder, vice president of consumer products for North America, Cartoon Network Enterprises. “With proven success and great content plans in place, there’s so much potential that we’re looking forward to explore with our licensing partners in the coming weeks.”

1. Im sorry but i can teel the difforance i grew up watching these girls kick but the point of suger and spice and everything nice but its not the same it broke my heart to see the titans get messed up and there name stained now the girls to! This cant be we asked for it back BUT NOT LIKE THIS. Its awful the girls are obnoxious. Its bad for todays kids please on the name of the cartoon and bussness fix it. No one said it had to be the original but come on. Admitt it in comparioson it is odd for the powerpuff girls. And teen titans to boot 😫😑😖😯😢

2. Monitor Mouse says:

Cartoon Network sold out when it stop making D.C. Comics shows. Still, can’t wait for ppg reboot.

3. Love your movie. Youall win 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000etc… experience points plus Immortality! Many religions believe that Bases of Power make one Immortal – here it is…Bases of Power: Bases of Power are the resources that individuals or groups can muster in the attempt to impose their will in human affairs. The Bases of Power include what is used and the means to decide how it is used. You must keep the definition safe like a guardian does.

4. kudrak23 says:

Listen I’m a huge Power Puff fan… but EVERY kid (ugh… yes, typically girls) of the 90s knows that The Spice Girls are the ‘original ambassadors of girl power’. Shut up, Pete Yoder, you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. My apologies to author Laura Prudom who had no choice but to report Mr. Yoder’s clearly erroneous statement.

5. lagiacruscontrol says:

no mccracken and no faust = bust

6. To be honest, i miss the old powerpuff girls. :'(

7. Dealing with all these people and complying with the paperwork are
    usually time-consuming. One of the first things
    you need to do is to call your insurance company to report the accident
    and any claim. The need for car accident lawyer arises in the
    situation when one has suffered major injury causing many losses.

8. I constantly spent my half an hour to read this website’s articles or reviews everyday along with
    a mug of coffee.

9. ROCuevas says:

Well as much as I was a Powerpuff Girls fan, I am kind of afraid how it will go. I hope that the girls aren’t changed too much and that the episodes are good. I’m still going to wait for a trailer before I put final thoughts on it and then see the first episode. Once I see if it’s good or bad, I will continue to see the rest until the season is over and make a final verdict.

10. I love it whenever people get together and share ideas. Great website, keep it up!

11. Faith Coffman says:

I am very excited but I want the whole story changed and I want the old style back.

12. Sooo….Back to the old shows because we can’t think of anything creative and new?

Wake me up when we break out the old Animaniacs reels, I loved that stuff

13. Nina says:

NO! Why can’t they just leave the classics alone!

14. Үes! Finally someone writes about jeux gratuit psn retour.

15. Alyssa F. says:

SO EXCITED OMG literally i named my cat after a power puff girl i love them so much.

16. Don’t get me wrong, the return of the show would be awesome, but the animation greatly throws me off from what it once was. Hopefully the episode first aired would not be like that, it was too fast, desperate to be funny, and very…. sunset like.

17. I’m looking forward to seeing this! I’m amused by that VP’s assertion that the PPGs were the original purveyors of girl power, though. I suspect the riot grrls would disagree. (See my book, Growing Up With Girl Power: Girlhood on Screen and in Everyday Life, for details!)

18. Cheyna says:

I’m excited-Die hard fan of Powerpuff girls-but I hope they don’t screw it up like they did with “Teen Titans”. “Teen Titans GO” is like a show they created to make fun of the original show “Teen Titans”, and I wish they would bring back the serious, crime fighting team and restore its glory. I hope these special little girls get the show they deserve after all these years!

19. vp19 says:

Great news. Now Warners, please revive the Animaniacs!

20. Buttercup says:

I am really happy that they decided to release it as a full series i saw the little special episodes and i loved it. I like how they kept the same voice actors plus they kept the same personalities ; ^ ; i am so happy! And yes i have grew up watching the original ppg. Can’t wait to start watching it again >3< also i don't like the release date for it :/ it seems a bit to darn far couldn't they released it around this year? I mean i understand that they wanna you know get the stuff ready and what not. But 2016 O~O is really far. Oh well as long as they are coming back i am fine by that.

21. That’s cool and all, but I’d much rather see them license the Power Puff Girls Z anime worldwide. There’s already an English dub for it, but it’s only available to a few countries and has yet to air in the US or the UK (As far as I know).

• Buttercup says:

yeah that anime is very old that’s why and plus the anime did not get that much attention because of them messing up the part where they aren’t sisters and they each have different personality except for blossom and the villains. They messed up blossom and bubbles personality and once they saw that they didn’t put to air to US i guess. But japan did ask US if the can make they’re own ppg anime and they did i think that is why they didn’t air it around US.

22. Pixworks says:

Personally, I’d like to see Dexter Laboratory get brought back than Powerpuff Girls (they were both great shows though).

23. Rocki says:

YES! The Powerpuff Girls were my favorite when I was little!!! Now that I’m older with nieces and planning a family of my own, I can’t wait to ask the little girls in my family “Do you want to be Buttercup, Bubbles, or Blossom for Halloween?” and buying one of them a PPG backpack when they start kindergarten! Let’s go into the second generation of super girls made of sugar, spice, and everything nice (with a little Chemical X thrown in!) I’m honestly more excited than most 20-year-olds should be… but dang it, I don’t care!

24. hooligantuan says:

Why are their arms coming out of their heads? D:

25. Amber says:

They’re changing the way they look :( I loved the old Power puff girls, and it was always be my favorite

26. Just remember that if you are an old school PPG fan, know that the new PPG will look completely different to adapt to a NEW generation. This is not a bad thing! Change is good!

27. As long as it doesn’t look like that abomination in the picture I’ll be happy.

28. Luke Osman says:

Great news! Can only hope they go back to the original animation style and designs, and find the original heart that the series once had.
    The ‘reimagined’ show was off key.