Syfy Cancels ‘Being Human’ After Four Seasons

Syfy Cancels 'Being Human' After Four

Syfy is pulling the plug on supernatural drama “Being Human” after the close of its current season on April 7.

The drama from Zodiak and Muse Entertainment is in the midst of its fourth season. Amy Aquino, Kristen Hager, Sam Huntington, Meaghan Rath and Sam Witwer star.

“Showrunner Anna Fricke and the talented producers, writers, cast and crew have done an amazing job bringing this show to life over the past four seasons and we sincerely thank them and the series’ production company Muse Entertainment for their hard work,” Syfy said in a statement. “They’ve saved the best for last with the final six episodes that revisit the story’s beginning, leading to a not-to-be-missed send-off for Aidan, Sally, Josh and Nora.”

Syfy distribbed a send-off video from the cast in announcing the end of the show.

1. tagoode says:

They cancel Being Human and put on that god-awful Bitten. What a joke. Sci Fi has just become a waste of cable space. Time to find a new Monday night channel.

2. Been watching Being Human for the four years it’s been on, it’s my favorite and I can’t believe it’s being taken off SYFY. Hope another network pics it up and it’s too good a show to just disappear

3. Melissa says:

SyFy sucks. This is such a great show. Got into it in season one and now I am a real addict. I can already feel myself jonesing

4. Warehouse 13 too! I’m dying inside. WTF Syfy? At least you don’t have power over Lost Girl. Unless you own Showcase. Do you own showcase? I can’t handle this. I need a good cry and a nap. What should I watch now? Eureka? Nope. Stargate Atlantis? Double nope. Opposite worlds? That experiment was great in theory but it’s not a scripted show. There is no magic. Helix is ok, not great. I will not substitute Bitten for Being Human. NO SIRS. I swear if you cancel Haven I’ll start a revolution. Stop betraying fans. Give me my show back!

5. Kris Brown says:

Well, not the least bit surprising. This was a great show, so, why shouldn’t they cancel it!!!! Jeez!! This is why my family and I pop videos into the tv so much, because the networks don’t keep shows on long enough for crying out loud!! I don’t even plan on watching the last episodes of Warehouse 13, why should I, they’ve cancelled it. Same thing, now, with Being Human, they’ve cancelled it. Sheesh!!!
    Showing my age here, gonnneee are the days of ER, Chicago Hope, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Hill Street Blues, St. Elsewhere, etc, etc. Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett were sooo right….it’s the ‘suits’!!!

6. trevogre says:

+1 to this is a bad decision. Add Bill McGoldrick to the list of executives that betray brand fans. Cancel whatever you want but finish the story. Commit to your fans and they will commit to your brand.

7. Charles says:

The only show worth watching on SyFy.

8. SyFy Channel, I am officially breaking up with you. You have cancelled Startgate Atlantis, Sanctuary, Warehouse 13 and now Being Human. Your reality shows suck ass and insult my geeky intelligence. I might even do away with cable period and switch to Netflix et al. BTW – your sucking really started the moment you changed your name from Sci Fi to SyFy.

9. Melissa Berner says:

i LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! I just don’t understand how they can pull the plug on a cast that works so well together and that has such great writing. I bump all my others shows on Monday nights just to watch it. Pleaaaaaassssse find a way to keep it on!