Suddenlink Launches Glenn Beck’s TheBlaze After Removing Viacom Outlets

Upfronts: Meet The Power Players In

TheBlaze, the news and opinion network  founded by Glenn Beck, has launched on  Suddenlink Communications, the nation’s seventh-largest cable operator.  TheBlaze will be universally available across Suddenlink’s footprint on its expanded basic level of service.  With the launch on Suddenlink, TheBlaze said it was now available on 77 television providers nationwide, including 10 of the top 25.

“We’re pleased with this new agreement,” said Kathy Payne, Suddenlink Senior Vice President and Chief Programming Officer.  “TheBlaze was one of the networks most requested by our customers.  It adds variety to the news, information and opinion programming we offer our customers.”

The Blaze addition appears to come quickly following a decision by Suddenlink to drop TV networks owned by Viacom> The two sides are in the midst of showdown over terms for new contract for carriage rights.

Suddenlink has approximately 1.4 million residential and commercial customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas, West Virginia and elsewhere.

1. JLO says:

Yeah…I’ve seen Glenn Beck. Once was enough. I’d rather have Viacom channels.

2. Ed f says:

Cancelled Suddenlink the day glen beck came on the same day/time/channel that The Daily Show aired…. just a ham-handed political statement by a right-wing corporation….

• Cathy Lane says:

So true… am still in a quagmire of suddenlink programming and pi$$ed about paying for the sh$t they brought on board. Pure political bullsh$t then paying for it to boot!! So miss comedy central etc…..
      Then to pay Glen BECK to BE ON MY TV IS SUCH AN INSULT!!!!

3. terry l says:

Before you embarrass yourself any further, by repeating the opinion of someone else, you might consider forming your own, INFORMED, opinion, about The Blaze. Try watching a few of Glenn Beck’s shows, for yourself. I am willing to bet, that you will find the information provided, and the opinions expressed, to be anything but, “slanted propaganda, and anti-American”. The guests on his programs, often have opinions and beliefs, very different from his own. Everyone is treated with respect, and they are welcome to offer their own, differing perspective. Time and time again, guests who come on to the show, convinced, that they do not like Glenn Beck, express their surprise, that they were wrong about Beck, and his intent. People who deeply love America, support our constitution, and want to support and up-lift our fellow countrymen, are using the unifying platform of The Blaze, to network, and organize, to be self-sufficient, and to support and share with others in need. The reason this network is so successful, and growing at lightening speed, is LOVE. There is no agenda, or ulterior motives. Glenn encourages all, to simply to accept, and love each other. Focus on those things we have in common, not our differences. There is a need for a safe haven, in our decaying society, where one can find conservative and wholesome information and entertainment, focusing on the ethics and values, our country was founded on. Similar to what Disney use to be. Take an unbiased look for yourself, you will probably be pleasantly surprised.

4. I’m sick of Suddenlink. I want MTV and the Comedy Channel back.

• Danny foreman says:

I think it’s wrong for suddenlink to replace the Viacom channels with channels customers didn’t choose. Also I personally know that suddenlink will lose customers unless they gave customers a price break because of the disruption I personally want my channels back.

5. lg tug says:

we don’t need another anti-american government bashing tv channel getting air time. suddenlink assumes I will pay to watch this! they did not ask or notify me they were making changes in a product I’m paying to have. sounds to me that suddenlink is taking their customers for granted.

6. Kenny says:

No one requested The Blaze… Thats an out-right lie!

• anon says:

You know this for a fact? #GetTheBlaze was trending on twitter, people could’ve called in and if I’m not mistaken, a lot of Blaze fans are requesting their local providers add it over facebook, twitter, etc.

You might not like TheBlaze, but the simple fact of the matter is that it’s one of the fastest growing independent networks on TV today. I remember seeing an interview with the Executive Chairman of Google talking about TheBlaze. “People are going to be studying what Glenn did for years and try to replicate it. To have a model where you have Internet and cable companies working together, it’s extraordinary.”

Whether you like Beck or not, he’s got a great formula working and a lot of people, both conservatives and liberals, appearing on his network. I just happen to be one of the ones that like him.

7. BlazeTV is well known for being a slanted propaganda outlet, so it’s sad to see this misinformation being sold to the public, especially in the Bible Belt states listed in this article. This will only deepen the divide between Americans.

• Ian says:

If it’s propaganda that is going to divide America, why has Glenn, for like the last two years, been talking about nothing but (not exact quotes, paraphrasing) “Uniting on the things we do agree on” and not worrying about what other people believe. He’s one of the first conservative host I’ve seen ask for an honest dialogue with Bill Maher. The time I’ve had TheBlaze I’ve loved it. It’s growing, it has good shows and I believe in the message they’re putting forward.

• Sounds like you’ve got a bad case of butthurt over BlazeTV expanding its coverage. I’ll bet you have no problem with AlJazeera or MSNBC expanding, even though they’re far more biased against the US than The Blaze is FOR the US.

• Gregory says:

Forrest Ripkin is well known for being a slanted propaganda outlet, so it’s sad to see his misinformation being shown here.