‘Sons of Anarchy’ Series Finale Date and Behind-the-Scenes Collector’s Book Announced

Sons of Anarchy Series Finale Review

The final season of “Sons of Anarchy” will premiere on FX in less than three weeks, and as the series finale date approaches, fans may start to feel an impending sense of separation anxiety from their favorite SAMCRO bikers. To preempt this, the show will release an official collector’s edition companion book after the finale airs on December 9.

Titled “Sons of Anarchy: The Official Collector’s Edition,” the hardcover book — which will be adorned with SAMCRO’s signature leather kutte — will give fans a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the series and all seven seasons, including what’s described as an “explosive” final episode. The book will also feature cast interviews; official photography; season overviews; stories behind the props, costumes, makeup, prosthetics and tattoos; a glossary of biker lingo and a guide to the bikes used in the show. Show creator Kurt Sutter has penned a special introduction for the 208-page book, which will be released the day after the finale airs.

“Anyone who is a true fan of ‘Sons of Anarchy’ needs this book. It’s the perfect — and only — commemorative edition that captures the true spirit of the series,” said Sutter.

FX recently released a trailer for the seventh season, and the show will feature guest arcs from Marilyn Manson and Courtney Love in its upcoming episodes. “Justified” star Walton Goggins will also reprise his role as transgender prostitute Venus and “Glee’s” Lea Michele will make a guest appearance.

“Sons of Anarchy” premieres its seventh and final season on Tuesday, Sept. 9 at 10 p.m. on FX.

Correction: Due to an incorrect release, the finale date was initially reported as Dec. 2. FX confirms that the finale will air on Dec. 9.

1. Pam Avant says:

I would have to agree with Kenneth. That sounds like an amazing idea! I love SOA and can’t believe that it is going off the air! It has been the best show on TV in years! I have fallen in love with all the characters. True you get mad at them at times but you still love them. I have become so addicted to this show. There will never be another show qualified to replace it. To the whole SOA family I love you and you will be missed dearly.

2. Tracey Becker says:

Yes that’s a good idea Kenneth

3. Kenneth McCormick says:

I would like to see Kurt start a Sons from the beginning when jacks dad & Clay meet in Nam & when they came home started Sons everything about how they all meet in the club came to the club, went to jail the kids growing up every thing they talked about on the sons about the old timers or when it started all the way up to when Jacks dad died or when Jack joined sons….in the beginning

4. Becky says:

Love this show so does my whole family we could watch sons forever

5. kim faoro says:

i love this show my husband and I cuddle up on the couch and watch it together and our teenage boys it’s the only show that we all will watch together. this cant be the end it is terrible that kurt sutter is ending this show it could go on at least a few more seasons what happens to jax boys and the club don’t leave us all hanging for gods sake i am a true die hard and so is my family

6. Stacey Hess says:

why take all the damn good shows off?? take the crappy ones one,i only watch a few shows an sons is one of em soooooo sad :O(

7. Tracey Becker says:

I’m excited. And yet not happy because it is the last series♡♡♡♡

8. Nadine says:

Yes how do I get the book and all the movies

9. Nadine says:

Cant wait to see it I sure hope Jaxx finds out his mom killed is love of his life

10. Jason says:

Will FX be taking pre-orders for this book ?

11. Tracey Becker says:

Will be watching soa. On September 9th at 10:00 om on fx. I will really miss this show.:(

12. joyce says:

“Separation Anxiety” yes this is me say it ain’t so never missed a show and have rewatch entirely from beginning to end actors were and are amazing in this series Sept 9th bookmarked!!!!!

13. Cathy says:

When will the season 6 of Sons of Anarchy show up on Netflix?

14. Tamra says:

I am so excited for the 7th season to start and so sad that there will be no more seasons. I never miss an episode. I so want the book. When where and how much? I was very shocked that Tara was killed off and I cried like a baby when Jax found her. I have my theory how season 7 will end. We will see if I’m right in December.

15. crystal thibodeau says:

I can’t wait to see this season. I am also sad that it has to come to its end. I will miss all the characters and actors greatly but Jax “Charlie hunnam” is my must favorite character and actor.

16. Crystal says:

Cannot wait for the final season to start. I am a huge fan and have collected all the shows DVD’s, and anxiously awaiting for season 6 to come out on DVD. I was so stunned by the ending of last season and so anxious to see how Jax handles the betrayal of his mother and so called brother Juice. Love the series, wish this wasn’t the final one!!! I am going to miss it! Definitely going to get the book when released!! Love SOA!!!! #biggestfan

17. Bryn says:

My husband and I love the shows but it did reach a point of being so violent and bloody that we stopped watching for about a year. We will start watching the final new season in September.

18. Donna Hallowell says:

I love this show and am so sad to see it go. What’s the reason. This show could last longer then mash. That’s no joking.

19. GARY CATER says:

OMG Where do i start.A show that nobody expected would take off like it did.The only bad thing was the Down time from each season.I am one of the lucky one,s.I won the contest they had the first few weeks called Party in a box.You wrote them a Email before the show started and if they picked your Email you won a box filled with things you would need to have a viewing Party to watch the show.I WON THE BOX.Inside it has (everything is marked with the “Sons of Anarchy reaper”)paper plates,cups napkins,bar towl,banner to hang up bottle opener,Temp-tattoos,Tall Shot glasses and more.I am blessed that i won because nobody knew the show would be so KILLER no pun intended :) CATER

20. ADAM says:

Sickest Biker Series Ever!!!!

21. jerzygirl45 says:

Reblogged this on … but I digress and commented:
    Yeah … I may need do a kickstarter to buy this.

22. jerzygirl45 says:

“Separation Anxiety” is a perfect description. I just want to know how much this book will cost so I can start saving up for it now.