‘Shahs of Sunset’ Editors End Strike Against Ryan Seacrest, Bravo Media

shahs of sunset

Post-production editors on Bravo’s “Shahs of Sunset” have reached a deal with Ryan Seacrest Prods., ending a month-long strike.

The deal was made by negotiators the production company with Local 700 of the Intl. Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees. operating as the Motion Picture Editors Guild.

“The crew of ‘Shahs of Sunset’ voted unanimously to ratify a union agreement, ending the month-long strike,” said the MPEG on Friday night. Production is expected to resume shortly.

The union filed unfair labor practice charges  on Sept. 29 against Bravo Media over the dismissal of the “Shahs of Sunset” editing crew. The crew of 16 had been dismissed by Ryan Seacrest Productions and Bravo Media.

The union said Friday that the unfair labor practices charges would be dropped.

The editors went on strike since Sept. 10 in an effort to secure a union contract. Bravo announced on Sept. 11 that it had indefinitely delayed the fourth season of the series, which had been set to begin airing Oct. 13.

Union supporters had staged more than half a dozen demonstrations in Los Angeles and New York. The union called off their picketing Friday afternoon, indicating a deal was imminent.

 

Filed Under:

Want to read more articles like this one? SUBSCRIBE TO VARIETY TODAY.
Post A Comment 0

Leave a Reply

No Comments

Comments are moderated. They may be edited for clarity and reprinting in whole or in part in Variety publications.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More TV News from Variety

Loading