Oprah Brings Pharrell Williams to ‘Happy’ Tears

If anyone knows how to spark waterworks on TV, it’s Oprah Winfrey.

Winfrey, during an April 13 interview on OWN’s “Oprah Prime,” brought a very flattered Pharrell Williams to tears when she showed him a montage of fan-created videos from around the world inspired by his No. 1 hit song “Happy.”

The seven-time Grammy winner, clad in his signature Vivienne Westwood hat, was visibly moved by the footage as he wept and remained choked up for several seconds.

“Why am I crying on Oprah?” Williams laughed.

Williams discussed the “boom” of his upbeat anthem, featured on the “Despicable Me 2” soundtrack and his new album “G I R L,” and broke down as he humbly expressed his gratitude to those who have supported his career.

“It’s overwhelming because I love what I do and I just appreciate the fact that people have believed in me for so long that I could make it to this point,” Williams said through his tears.

“I get it,” said Winfrey. “I really get it.”

1. Lori Robinson says:

Can someone please provide me with the name of the book that Oprah and Pharrell was talking about it.I want to read.

2. sadams74 says:

Reblogged this on Explorer PE and commented:
    things that make you feel good!

• Hiro Donovan says:

Artists are blessed with the gift to reach the masses. It is therefore our responsibility to perform for the good of mankind and spread the message of peace, love, tolerance, happiness. You did Good Pharrell, you’re music captures happiness at a visceral level and has made millions HAPPY!

3. Harry Knopp says:

Love Pharrell’s music, but the way he insists on going over a particular political party’s talking points list in every interview has become downright offensive. I am sure there are plenty of political talk shows that would love to have him on to discuss his beliefs. But they are just not appropriate for entertainment programs, where the only thing they will do is eventually make fans like me change the channel. Why does Hollywood have so much trouble understanding this?

4. Awesome, trully awesome!

5. EM Creative Wedding & Portrait Photography says:

Reblogged this on Em Arts & Vintage Photography and commented:
    This video, this blog has got me a thinking!!? So its sunny outside and that makes you happy.. but the truth is what do you do that makes those around you happy? no matter how small or big we can make a huge difference. As a photographer my job is to capture emotions and moments… so that those that look at my work.. well lets say they shed a tear or two. Guess what my next blog is about????

6. Conge says:

Hope he’s got more in that bag, ‘Happy’ is just the same phrase over and over and over. He seems to know this has a limited shelf life as I’ve heard it everywhere now from dancing with the stars to car insurance commercials. I am getting a ‘don’t worry be happy’ vibe, where this will be the only highpoint of his career.

7. George Glass says:

Was that really cry worthy? It’s all down hill from here Pharrell.

8. Jean Woods says:

This would be so great to play at one our weekly Directors’ meetings and see what would happen. It would be such a great ice breaker! I work for the Federal Government; and these meetings are so uptight; and I say for what. Oprah, please bring some “happy” to this group for one day!

9. LJ says:

Can’t believe this clip made me cry. He felt this so honestly. I love O and she said she get’s it, I’m sure because she’s been there, but in THIS moment, she didn’t feel it. It was a moment for her NOT to speak and let him talk through why it hit him so hard, so unexpectedly and so publically. It’s his time! Congrats to him!

10. L E L says:

This young man in like the fresh sweet scent of ones new born child. His music make you feel hopeful even when those about you are sad, complaining, angry or suicidal. We need more and more clean and fresh music to sooth the savage beast, the OLD FOOLS out to DESTROY the minds of our youth.