NBC Cancels ‘Dracula’; ‘Parenthood’ Moves Closer to Renewal

NBC Cancels 'Dracula'; 'Parenthood' Moves Closer

NBC has driven a stake in “Dracula,” canceling the drama series after one season. Meanwhile, talks with reps for actors on “Parenthood” are said to be moving in a positive direction after tense wrangling during the past two days.

“Dracula” had an initial 10-episode order and was a co-production between Universal TV and NBCUniversal’s U.K. banner Carnival Films. Jonathan Rhys Meyers played the iconic vampire, drawing solid reviews for his take on Bram Stoker’s enduring creation.

On the “Parenthood” front, the prospects for a renewal of Universal TV’s family drama are said to have improved significantly as sources report key thesps are closing in on agreements for a shortened final season.

1. aroya stone says:

I am so disappointed that dracula will not be renewed,I really believe that dracula deserved a second chance,I really thought that the actors could get more exposure,I really hope that a next channel will take it up.

2. Theresa Rosin says:

I am so upset that Dracula is not coming back. It was deep and intellectually stimulating. any one that didn’t like it just did not have a good IQ.

3. janitt dott says:

NBC presented Dracula AS a ten part miniseries so it’s avid fans were willing to accept that. THEN just as we were bonding with it, they PREEMPTED the episodic show repeatedly breaking the flow of the complicated plot and discouraging viewers (then wondered WHY it’s rating slid!) THEN they left the last episode with an insulting abrupt cliffhanger ending which lead it’s hopeful fans to believe (and support) a…second season. THEN they did not even BOTHER to release the series to DVD in the states so new post airing fans could discover it. Was NBC TRYING to sabotage Dracula? The fans are right to be…outraged. I am VERY angry at how this series was disrespected and I won’t watch NBC AT ALL for a long time over this.

• Dracula Fan says:

I agree completely!!!!! Unbelievable and unfair that NBC cancelled Dracula after only one season. Why would we want to get hooked on another one of their shows only for them to leave it with a cliffhanger and then pull the plug on us. Makes no sense at all.

4. Dracula was one of the few shows I enjoyed on NBC, I think they are making a big mistake not renewing it. Hopefully a better network will pick it up!

5. Jadetatsu says:

I know NBC can hear Dracula Fan’s complain about their decision. This is totally frustrating to me to know that this show was in production and all of a sudden they just drop the ball. Their are idiots working for NBC and NO I don’t mind saying it. Maybe one day I can tell the so call exec of programming that. LOL

6. Molly B says:

Yeah, I’m bummed! Dracula was very good.

7. Jadetatsu says:

Why??? I like Dracula as a good bad guy!!! This show was well written and those who didn’t like the show have the right to their opinion. Won’t be looking at NBC anymore either!!!!!

8. valhallaarwen says:

I am glad Dracula was cancelled. I am sick and tired of folks creating Dracula as a good guy when he wasn’t. I hated that trend especially when Francis Ford Coppola f^cked it up with his movie and then had the nerve to put Bram Stoker’s name on it. Did he not read the same version as me, or did he have a secret copy?

9. MANDY GREEN says:

Parenthood is an amazing show. Please bring it back.

10. Traci says:

NBC is a struggling network and you would think a great show like Parenthood would be something positive for them to promote and build on. You have NO idea NBC how much Parenthood is loved by so many and how sad you are giving them a shortened final season. If this is their last season, shouldn’t we get a FULL season? Don’t you care about your viewers at all?

11. sherry lirk says:

Im very diappointed that the series Dracula is not being renewed. This is why i hate to get attached to spmething new cause the alwaus pull yhe string on it..i dont watch to much television,but when i do i want to have a good show on..i love Dracula…so un fair.:(

12. ycgirl says:

Please renew parenthood, we all need some positive in our lives, Thank You!

13. A. A. Sitnikoff says:

unbelievable idiocy on NBC’s part. Dracula has far surpassed any drama I have seen for many years. The quality of the production, the writing, the sets, the costumes, the acting and the chemistry, has locked it into the category of excellence. sorry day for tv, I say

14. Kathy Elder says:

What is wrong with NBC, Dracula was one of the best show on. Great acting, writing, costumes and sets. I guess it was just to good for network TV.

15. Devin says:

That’s ashame I really enjoyed the Dracula series

16. Suzanne Garstin says:

PARENTHOOD is one of the only network shows I like. My husband likes it, too. NBC would be crazy to cancel it.

17. Sylvia Franks says:

PARENTHOOD is the best show on NBC. What a great crew, story lines. Love and want to see the Braverman family again.

18. Sarah says: