Kathy Griffin to Replace Joan Rivers on ‘Fashion Police’

'Fashion Police': Kathy Griffin to Replace
Charles Eshelman/WireImage

It’s official: Kathy Griffin will take the reins of “Fashion Police” following the death of its former host, Joan Rivers, E! announced Monday.

The series will return with Golden Globes coverage on Jan. 12, 2015.

“Not only was Joan a trailblazer, she was also a dear friend and mentor to Kathy, who will no doubt continue her legacy and do the series justice by bringing her own unique comedic style and tell-it-like-it-is personality to the host chair,” said Jeff Olde, executive vice president, programming and development, E! in a statement. “Plus, the addition of trendsetting stylist Brad completes the panel as the show begins its next chapter, which will focus on covering the major award shows and fashion events throughout the year.”

“I get it! These are some big shoes I’m going to fill. Joan was truly one of a kind,” said Griffin. “Now I hope you will accept me for me.  I’m just Kathy.  Did I say I’m just Kathy?  I meant I’m Kathy F—ing Griffin and you celebrities better strap yourself in, as I am taking no prisoners.  I am not holding back so DAMMIT let’s have some fun!”

Another new change E! announced is that TV personality and celebrity stylist Brad Goreski will be joining the show, replacing George Kotsiopoulos. Co-hosts Giuliana Rancic and Kelly Osbourne will be returning.

E! confirmed in September that “Fashion Police” would go on without Rivers, though her death forced the show to go on hiatus. Griffin was widely rumored to take over for her, and went so far as to say the job was offered to her, but said she wasn’t sure it was the role for her.

“They did offer it to me,” Griffin told Access Hollywood early this month. “I don’t know if the situation is correct at this time for me or right for me at this time.”

“Fashion Police” has aired on E! since 2010 with hosts Rancic, Osbourne, Kotsiopoulos and Rivers, until her death on Sept. 4.

1. Pamela says:

Still in shock that they chose “Kathy the D list”. She is a pronounced atheist and in my opinion I don’t have any respect for anyone opinion who don’t believe in our maker and savior Jesus Christ… If her heart could have took it I was pulling SO MUCH FOR MELLISA rivers!!! Who better to take Joan’s place Melissa knows all of her mothers material she producer of the show & she worked those red carpets for years with her mom ” IF YOU WANT PEOPLE TO WATCH YOU BETTER KICK KATHY GRIFFEN OFF NOW PUT MELLISA RIVERS IN THAT SEAT AND YOU WILL HAVE MORE RATINGS YOU CAN SHAKE A STICK AT BECAUSE people love Melissa because Joan taught us all that Melissa has a big heart and Melissa showed us that heart !!!! MELISSA RIVERS WAS THE OBVIOUS CHOICE I know it might be to difficult for MR to do that but she could try I’m sure her mother would have loved for her to continue her legend out baby girl Melissa sell the heck out of Joan’s jewerly make new jewerly and put ur twist on it call it rivers collection and drive that fashion police bus kick Kathy out it’s ur time doll get out from behind that camera and in front if it like your mom and take it Americas waiting :))))))

2. Sheri Lucterhand says:

What happened to George? Fashion police do not mention him

3. Are you serious?? What a POOOOOR choice! She is a complete B**** Obnoxious!!!!Not funny..Ugly!!

She has NOOOOOO talent

4. Sheri Lucterhand says:

Why did they replace George

5. I still can’t believe that Fashion Police is still on the air because I thought when Joan River died that the show would be canceled. We both know that Fashion Police was Joan River’s life and soul.

• We both know that Joan River was the heart and soul of fashion police. I got a feeling that they will honor Joan River on the first show when it return next month.

• cdhaskell says:

I will be shock if the fashion police get a good rating after the Golden Globes Award Show. I got a feeling that Kathy Griffin will try to out dress the late Joan River in the clothes department.

6. Dragon Fly says:

I won’t watch anymore either. Not a Griffin fan at all, and I cannot believe they fired George.

7. Ynema LaFuria says:

There will never be anyone that can come close to replacing Joan Rivers on Fashion Police. I agree with the choice of Kathy, I know she was very well liked by Joan. I loved watching this show because everyone cast on the show worked, laughed and blended so well it all came off magically funny. Love and miss you Joan and your style of laughter is unbeatable.

8. Chris says:

Ho hum. Such a predictable choice.

9. Denise says:

I remember when Kathy Griffin used to be funny. Now she is just vulgar.

10. chi says:

Booooo…..she’s not funny….she’s trying hard to be funny and her critics sound demeaning and rude definitely not funny

11. diana says:

Give kathy a break she may do well. I believe that Joan was also rude on the show znd Denise we don’t. Care. If you watch or not !!!

12. kiz says:

Well i will not be watching anymore. Kathy i do not care for. They should of just used the people they had no one can replace her.

13. Ivan says:

And the bullying of people who don’t fit into a very narrow definition of beauty will continue

14. Kelly says:

All well and good but George will be missed – he was stabilizing to a cast that, especially with the new additions, look to be too high drama for my tastes. Not so sure I’ll be DVR’g every show like I used to.

15. Denise says:

I will not be watching if Kathy is taking Joan’s place. You have just lost a big fan of Fashion Police.

16. macd says:

Joan Rivers cannot be replaced, and no one should know that better than her self-proclaimed mentor/idol/friend Kathy Griffin. When Ms. Rivers dissed some celebrity’s attire, she did so with a breezy sense of humor. Ms. Griffin comes off as merely mean-spirited. This is simply just not going to work.

17. Fashion Police pick the right host to replace Joan Rivers. Good luck to her.

18. Steve says:

Kathy, please have the balls to stand up for your writing staff and demand a union contract from the corporate cable overlords.