Joan Rivers Remains in ‘Serious’ Condition, Says Daughter

Joan Rivers death anniversary special
J. Countess/WireImage

After being rushed to Mount Sinai Hospital Thursday, Joan Rivers is reportedly in a medically induced coma, and her condition remains serious.

Rivers’ daughter Melissa released a statement Friday, saying, “My mother would be so touched by the tributes and prayers that we have received from around the world. Her condition remains serious but she is receiving the best treatment and care possible. We ask that you continue to keep her in your thoughts as we pray for her recovery.”

Rivers, host of E!’s “Fashion Police,” went into cardiac arrest during a routine endoscopy in New York. She reportedly stopped breathing during the procedure.

“Her family wants to thank everybody for their outpouring of love and support,” a rep for the hospital said. “We will provide an update on her condition as it becomes available.”

1. Alisa Drakeford says:

I loved Joan she had a unique personality, funny loving and always put a smile on your faces even the ones whom she knew disliked her Lol & her jokes, she was one crazy lady! She’s one of a kind Omg the Fashion & Jewelry was also unique, she was just Joan. Melissa it was so nice seeing you both work together now she finally gone but never forgotten you her voice saying Mellissa!! The most funniest is when she lived In your house it takes a lot for me to laugh she always had me creaking up. Melissa & the grandson son made her enjoying life on another level & a little longer! What a courageous smart funny fashionable women! I guess now God will enjoy the blessing of having his daughter come home! Love You Joan you will be truly missed with tears of joy & sorrow to Melissa & Family keep up the laughing! To the Fashion Police Team you’re a great team she loved you guys! It’s good medicine for the Soul! I will be making jewelry Inspired by Joan Rivers! A Cup Of Comfort For A Loving Daughter & Her Mommy! I am a Fan

2. Beulah Wyant says:

Love u Joan prayers are always for you and Melissa I am a big fan

3. Sheila says:

You had to fight like hell Joan!! and fighting like hell
    made you what you are!!. Please keep fighting and come back to us. Love You and i will keep fighting and praying for you.

4. kristy says:

the world is not ready for you to leave yet. all my prayers r with u joan, beat it up and come back.

5. james says:

the world is not ready for you to leave yet

6. Sandra Lauderdale says:

Me and my sisters are keeping her in our prayers

• kristy says:

the world is not ready for you to leave yet. love ur shows. all my prayers are going out to u. come back, go girl get em.

7. Savannahgirl says:

Crawl back into your HOLE! You must be a miserable person, full of hate. Our Joan is Loved and Being Prayed for by many. (Karma will deal with You, watch out) Didn’t your Mother teach you, if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything!? Compassion is something you need to learn. Good luck in life, with all your hate.

8. Sue Deegan says:

Shame on you Pat Croton. This is not the time or place – you don’t kick someone when they’re down.
    I assume your an adult and should know better.
    Best wishes to Joan and her family.

9. Bob Knight says:

Joan, your fans are thinking about you, with love! Then there are those that say that the old battle-ax had it coming, and if you could talk, you’d agree, I’m sure! I have been tweeting you, telling you that I spent £200 on your Albert Hall performance in October. You BETTER show up, or I’ll come and pull the plug myself! Get better, Joanie. We love you like the old, bitchy Jewish aunt we wish we never knew we had. There are plastic surgeons all over Manhattan sitting shiva for their houses in the Hamptons because you’re laying there and faking, just to get the insurance to pay your rent for a few days. Hugs and kisses, you beautiful old broad.

10. Ray says:

Shocked is all i can say! what a dynamic woman! can not beleive what im reading! i do hope she pulls through, not having her around is like not breathing anymore air! to her doughter Malissa and the cast of fashion police my deepest wishes for her recovery! Joan where ever you are, i miss u and please come back!!!!

11. Linda says:

18 COMMENTS
    August 31, 2014
    at 4:57 am

I am sad to hear of Joans Health Issuer.
    I Love Joan because she is real in a way is quipe dramatic. But she laughs at hersele at her expense, and I will keep her in my prayers. I hope she recovers. She is what she is. a person that knows what she wants and will not bend for others. Funny Lady.

12. linda says:

I am sad to hear of Joans Health Issues. I Love joan because she is real in a way is quite dramatic. but she laughs at herself at her expense. and I will keep her in my prayers. I hope she recovers. She is what she is. a person that knows what she wants and will not bend for others. Funny Lady.

13. Rael omanwa says:

May almight lord give you good health

14. Gail says:

Well wishes for a strong woman.

15. Pat German says:

Keeping your mom in my prayers. love her on Fashion Police and late night shows. Will be thinking and praying for you as well. Pat

16. vicki lee walke-conley says:

Low life, this isn’t the time to shoot your negative remarks. Joan needs our love and respect. Let’s not be a bully.

17. Vicki Lee Walke-Anderson Conley says:

I survived a heart arrest in 2006 and still up and running. It’s survivable. God bless you Joan and family. I’ll put you on my prayer roll at church. Vicki

18. nancy scott says:

get well soon praying for you

19. You wouldn’t know me if I told you who I am, but I know who you are and I love and respect you for who you are. I wish you a speedy recovery Joan and hope you will soon be back to the wonderful person that I always felt you are..

20. Anthony&Joyce Skibinsky says:

God Bless you Joan, We love you.

21. Deborah says:

Melissa, please consider The Cleveland Clinic. It’s an amazing facility for coronary issues. Best wishes for a full recovery

22. Joan says:

Sending prayers to Joan and her family….

23. Strong prayer for Joan Rivers to recover & strength for Melissa. She was the first comedian by example to give women permission to be bitchy in their humor. Sending love. Glenda LambWilson

24. rita lee says:

She has a lot more jokes to tell and more people to make laugh so she better get better soon.

25. occultology says:

Isn’t it interesting how quickly Joan Rivers’ health deteriorated immediately after she was caught on camera spilling the beans about Obama being the first gay President & Michelle Obama being a Transgender? Get well quickly Joan, America needs you now more than ever!

• vicki lee walke-anderson conley says:

Keep politics out of this. Nobody cares about anything but Joan and family surviving this tragedy. God bless you Joan.

26. donna says:

I’ve known of Joan Rivers since I was about ten years old. I watched when she substituted for Carson and then had her own show. My mother and I saw Joan when she played at Lake Tahoe. And, now, I watch Fashion Police and In Bed With Joan. In other words, I just can’t imagine her not being here. My prayers go to Joan and Melissa.

• Inga Poetsch says:

Dear Joan, we are praying for you to get well. What would America be like without you?? So please use your Spunk and get better fast. We love you!!!!!!!One of your fans forever . love