LONDON — Jennifer Lopez is to perform at the opening ceremony of soccer’s World Cup on Thursday in Brazil, despite reports that she had pulled out. The ceremony is expected to attract a TV audience of up to a billion people worldwide.
Earlier this week, soccer org Fifa said Lopez would not attend the curtain-raiser, citing unspecified “production issues.”
“People get nervous and I think it was a little bit premature to announce anything,” she said.
“I think people get anxious, especially with me and my schedule when I’m like, ‘Ah, OK, I can leave this day, that day, I don’t know if we can make it’ — but we are definitely going.”