Garth Ancier Sex Abuse Allegations
Ancier posted a series of tweets about the lawsuit filed four days ago by Egan. His attorney had also issued a denial earlier this week, asserting that Ancier had never visited the estate in Hawaii where some of the alleged sexual assaults took place in 1999.
Besides Ancier, Egan has filed suits against “X-Men” director Singer, TV exec David Neuman and producer-consultant Gary Goddard alleging that he was drugged and coerced into sex when he was 15 and 16 years old.
Ancier began his tweet by saying, “Thanks and gratitude to my friends, family and colleagues for your support this week. I wanted you all to hear from me personally and know that I intend to fight with every resource available this vile, unwarranted assault on my reputation. The intimidation tactics used in this transparent get-rich-quick scheme employ as their weapons of choice press conferences in tandem with frivolous lawsuits which shamelessly exploit homophobic fears and stereotypes.”
Ancier repeated his lawyer’s assertion that that he has never been to the Hawaiian location named in the suits.
“The mere fact that I have never so much as set foot on the estate in Hawaii where the plaintiff and his attorney claim numerous incidents took place and that Hawaiian law provided a convenient legal loophole for the plaintiff speaks volumes about the credibility of their allegations, not a single one of which is true,” he wrote.
Ancier concluded by asserting his innocence.
“While I recognize we sadly live in a time where one is only innocent until allegations go viral on the Internet, I remain confident that all of these allegations made against me will be exposed for the lies that they are and that the truth about my character will prevail,” the exec said.
Ancier also posted the same message on his Facebook account.
Singer issued a denial on Thursday and said he will not participate in the promotional campaign for the upcoming tentpole “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” due out May 23, to prevent the “fictitious claims” from diverting attention from the film.
Goddard’s attorney has noted that Egan was among the plaintiffs who filed a civil suit in 2000 against Michael Collins-Rector and others over alleged sexual abuse, in a case in which a default judgment was entered against the defendants. Collins-Rector is described in Egan’s lawsuits as the resident of the Encino, Calif., estate where wild parties were held in which underage boys were given drugs and alcohol and forced to have sex with older men.
Egan’s suits were filed in federal court in Hawaii, which had an April 24 cutoff date for old sex abuse cases to be filed under a two-year window established by the state legislature.
Egan made four claims in each suit — intentional infliction of emotional distress, assault, battery and invasion of privacy by unreasonable intrusion. Each of the suits recounts in explicit detail the sexual acts that allegedly took place between Egan and each of the men.
“Somebody has to stand up to these people,” Egan said at a news conference on Monday.