Fox Cancels ‘Gang Related’

Gang Related TV Review

Fox has taken out “Gang Related,” confirming that creator Chris Morgan’s “Departed”-like action drama about a LAPD Gang Task Force member with personal connections to the neighborhood he covers will not be returning to its schedule.

The serialized drama premiered on May 22 with a multi-ethnic cast. While keeping solid ratings, it never became a strong performer, despite lead ins from established shows like “Hell’s Kitchen,” and tapered off at the end of its run.

Variety TV critic Brian Lowry wrote in his review that, “clearly deriving some of its narrative hooks from ‘The Godfather’ saga, ‘Gang Related’ is a dense serial about loyalty and betrayal, but without enough redeeming qualities to offset its high quotient of ugliness and mayhem.”

1. Kimberly says:

As you can see I meant way to go fox another decent showed pulled to replace it with boring crap.

2. Kimberly says:

What the hell?? Gang Related was cancelled that pisses me off it was an excellent show way fox thanks for pulling a decent show and replacing it with bullshit 😬

3. elton says:

best series ever made….please bring it back

4. Robin says:

I enjoyed gang related very much. I got online to see when the 2nd season was coming back on an to my surprise it was cancelled, I am very upset it was a really good show what is wrong with fox? I hope these comments about the show get back to fox it really is a shame!!!

5. Dhei Melecio says:

To the creators, writters, producers, and to the fox channel. I am from the Philippines and i have been watching this show since it aired until it reached to its last show. The show is really amazing. Castings are very very coordinated with the story plot. To tell you honestly, i have never watched any shows like this until gang related came along. It taught me a lot of values and erased all my negative image for cops. As Ryan Lopez (Ramon Rodriguez) portrays his dual side role, he still shows that no matter how hard the situation is or how tough blood is, the truth will still prevail. I am praying that you guys would continue this show. It is not just amusing people, it educates people more. I feel so sad that this show was cancelled. But i hope someone would read this and re consider the show.

6. Kim says:

Loved this show!!! Are you kidding mr Fox!!?? Stupid!! I hope someone picks it up what a great show very entertaining and always wanting more hate Fox never watch a fox station show again !! Idiots!!

7. Dave Gordon says:

Anytime you have a series with Latino actors, characters or a Latino theme it never makes it to a second season, no matter how good it may be. The networks need to wake up and smell the coffee. The population in this country is changing, which means your viewership is changing.

8. Lani Modesto says:

I am really beginning to dislike FOX..

First they say Gang Related is up for season 2 and now I hear they’ve canceled the series…

Idk…but maybe its time for a change. I certainly hope FOX never acquires CNN either!

9. Lorinda says:

Well Fox..You did it again..Axed yet another good show.I know some people won’t like my next comment,so here goes.You ax this show and do a re-mix with “24” because it is cheaper to do because the basic script is already there.I don’t like “24” Sorry, don’t buy Kiefer as a hero….Is it true you are giving “24” a second season? Fair well Fox……………….

10. barb says:

This has been my favorite show of the season and I just loved it. what a bummer. I guess not enough of us loved it. They could at least do a two hour follow up to close everything out. I hope the stars show up in other venues…I love the cast.

11. Dunstan says:

This show could have been something good. But the ridiculous coincidences that kept happening conveniently made it a complete turn off. An intriguing concept sorely in need of better execution.

12. Diane says:

This sucks it was a very good show. I hope another network picks it up

13. WalterWhite says:

Too bad I was hoping to see this back next summer,hopefully another network picks it up.

14. Deidra says:

My husband loved the show, me not so much. There’s too much blood, on regular TV and cable. I’m waiting for the regular season to start so I can watch some comedies. I have been watching TV Lands “Hot in Cleveland”, to get away from the blood and gore. Most of the awards shows haven’t helped, too many ta-tas hanging out and buns also the language could hurt your ears after awhile.