‘Friends’ Cast Reunite on ‘Jimmy Kimmel’ (VIDEO)

Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox and Lisa Kudrow staged a miniature “Friends” reunion on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” Wednesday night on ABC.

The five minute sketch, which followed Aniston’s guest appearance on the show, began with Kimmel telling the actress he was a huge fan of the ’90s sitcom and that he wanted to act out some “fan fiction” with her.  Shortly after, Cox and Kudrow surprised the live audience on Kimmel’s fake set of Rachel and Monica’s apartment (“it cost us $80,000 to build this,” he joked).

Kimmel played Ross in the sketch (David Schwimmer, Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc did not appear)  to the sexual admiration of his fellow “Friends,” who ‘performed’ jokingly in character as Rachel, Monica and Phoebe.

The surprise is said to be tied to next month’s 20th anniversary of the NBC show’s premiere. To further commemorate the occasion, a replica of the show’s Central Perk coffee shop will pop up in Manhattan in September, serving free coffee and featuring appearances from James Michael Tyler — who played Central Perk’s long-suffering barista, Gunther — and photo opportunities with the iconic “Friends” couch.

1. Adin says:

Why don’t they gather together for at least one episode? Is it so hard? Ask each of the actors and actresses and I bet they would not disagree. It is just that the producers don’t want to do so. Why not? Do it for the millions of the show’s fans.

2. Missy says:

I loved it!!! Jennifer was acting people!!

3. shelly Basquez says:

And tonight we find out just who that lucky 5,000.00 a week for life winner is.ouch vs been talk about this for ever.

4. Rachel sure seems grumpy. Kind of breaks the image. Couldn’t she just laugh and play along?

5. Debra Avent says:

We miss you all comes back

6. Gypsy says:

I love seeing the three girls together once again. Jimmy, you made me laugh and also how much I miss seeing Friends. It was truly a funny funny show!. I sure miss it and watch all the re-runs when possible. Lighten up people, it was all in FUN!! I hope some day they just might have a REAL re-union with all of the fabulous actors. Way to go Jimmy!

7. dave says:

Sucked… I was really hoping they would do a 2 minute sketch like old times…

8. Rose says:

The whole thing left me baffled?

9. Trish riddell says:

I’m sorry I missed it. I loved friends and bought the complete series. I know the actors got tired of it but some shows are so good they should never end. Thanks for reminding me what I miss. Best wishes to all of you.

10. I think the idea was supposed to be that Jen was disgusted at Jimmy’s “transparent” attempt to cast himself as Rachel’s lover in a Friends skit. It is more like how you would expect Rachel to really behave if, say, Joey had come up with a script for Days of Our Lives and asked Rachel to try it out with her, and she found out that the script involved Joey having sex with all three of the girls. I am not sure it came across totally clearly though.

11. I get this was part of the skit and it was pretty neat seeing all the girls back together! But I really think Jennifer was genuinely upset/pissed off. I don’t know maybe I’m crazy but she kinda made it uncomfortable to watch. Like the other two did great and didn’t seem so upset. Idk still neat to see them all together.

12. ginmann says:

Ok Jen looked visibly upset here. If she is “acting” then she missed the mark: when you act you’re supposed to make the viewer feel something, and I felt uncomfortable watching her. There’s “comedy” pissed and then there’s “real” pissed. Shame on Jimmy for playing such a risky game, and shame on Jennifer for not showing some respect to the fans that allowed her to be in their homes every Thursday night for 10 years.

13. Lisa says:

That was part of the skit…..yikes get with it

14. n says:

Guys – Jennifer was acting like that on purpose, they’ve obviously rehearsed this before – I personally loved it

15. Donna says:

LOVE Friends! BUT Jennifer Aniston just totally ruined it for me! Acting so aggravated that he was focusing on the old show and “Rachel”. What a loser. Doesn’t she realize that she wouldn’t even be where she is if not for Friends. That she had a ton of fans?? Why couldn’t she just play along and do the character?? It really could’ve been a treat for all the Friends fans out there!

16. Bob says:

Watch “10 Years of Friends in 4 Minutes”. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs0BRXPWrsc

17. James says:

It would be hilarious if Chandler came in and asked Jimmy to make love to him.

18. Rita Holden says:

This was great! IT was so obvious though that they had planed this before hand. Jennifer was not surprised to see her old friends. I wish they would have a real reunion. would be great! Good job jimmy LOL!!