Fox Pulls Low-Rated ‘I Wanna Marry Harry’ From Schedule

i-wanna-marry-harry

After a few weeks of miniscule ratings, Fox is pulling alternative series “I Wanna Marry Harry” and “Riot” from its Tuesday lineup. The shows will be replaced by encores of Fox comedies “Family Guy,” “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” “New Girl” and “The Mindy Project,” effective next week.

Unaired episodes of “I Wanna Marry Harry” will be made available for early preview on Fox.com, Fox On Demand, FOX NOW and Hulu, starting tomorrow afternoon. Fox said it’s also looking for a spot on the sked to air the shows on the network at a later date.

Fox had high hopes for “I Wanna Marry Harry,” in which a dozen American women believe they are competing for the affections of Prince Harry (when in reality, it’s a Prince Harry look-alike). It scheduled its premiere to air immediately after the final “American Idol” performance episode of the season. But that May 20 premiere did a mere 0.7 rating/2 share in adults 18-49 and 1.91 million total viewers, according to Nielsen.

On Tuesday of this week, both “Harry” and “Riot” did a 0.4 rating/1 share in 18-49, with the former drawing less than 1 million viewers and the latter pulling in about 1.1 million. No original series on one of the Big Four networks has ever rated lower.

1. joanne jones says:

Charming, so we have watched it thus far, for nothing. That’s a bit like ging to a Cinema to see a film ,and there not being many in, so they turn film off because not enough people there, I was enjoying it, although I think it was staged,

2. Sherry Ray says:

I am disappointed!! I loved that show!!

3. Tanya says:

Thanks for making those that did watch seem so unimportant. If just gonna run reruns y not let the show finish

4. Adeva Threlkeld says:

They probably would have had more viewers if they would have showed the show according to the written schedule, so I guess that’s their own fault. But of course I have no idea about all the other TV Companies’ TV Guides if their schedule was correct or not.

5. Adeva Threlkeld says:

I was watching it every week until they kept switching the time of the show. One of the weeks, it was supposed to be on at 7pm according to the TV Guide, but it was on at 8pm instead. Then the next week it was supposed to be on at 8pm according to the TV Guide, but it came on at 7pm and I had missed it. I went to watch it tonight but it has been cancelled! I am really shocked that this show had a low view rating.

6. addie says:

Ive been waiting for the new episodes. They cancel all the shows I want watch. I want to know who Matt picked lol and I dont want to watch it online.

7. jeanna says:

I loved both shows!

8. Kay says:

I watched it on Dish on Demand, and, yes, it was very, very good. I love Matt and also his choice of the final lady. I hope they can make it together, Matt is adorable.

9. Judy Gonzalez says:

Even though it was “pulled” what was the final outcome, and how do we find out.

10. Linda Bender says:

I loved that show. Was wondering where it went……..

11. michele says:

How can you depend on Nielson ratings when we all have dvr’s? The show was great and Fox is off my list. You do this all the time. Cut a show before it’s end.

I wanna marry Matty.☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

12. michele says:

I wanna marry Matty. I never watch reality shows. I saw Matt on the Wendy show and knew I had to watch it. It was Great. Matt was Great. The whole show and all the ladies were great. Stupid move on Fox to cut it. I’m tired of Fox doing this. I will not watch any more series on Fox because they do this alot.

The show was wonderful, funny , and Matt you were Terrific.

13. Sharlene Milliman says:

I am upset about this seems it was not given a chance and when we really like a show all the sudden it’s off the air. WOW disheartening……

14. Kajagoogoo says:

This was the FUNNIEST reality show EVER. Brilliant concept. Sigh.

15. ravenred says:

I cant imagine why it was pulled…to me, it was the best of all reality shows ever…i loved it!

16. Brianne Young says:

NOOOOO!!!! This is the only show I looked forward to! -.- my heart is broken. Seriously…

17. Jenni says:

I didn’t read through ALL of the comments, but of the number I DID read, I couldn’t find one person who was happy about this. I’m not either! I was really into this show and watched it every week with my daughter. How do we find out how it ended?! What a let-down! Shame on you, Fox! You could have AT LEAST cancelled it after airing all the episodes. Don’t you care about the viewers that DID like it? Guess not.

18. Frank says:

It’s the summer for Pete’s sake!! Who cares about ratings during the summer time??!! Me and my wife thought this was the funniest show EVER!! Why the EFF did they just cancel it like that?? What a bunch of STUPID IDIOTS!!

19. Ashley Rush says:

I was into this and you all take it off air! !! This really makes me upset! !!!!!

20. christina stockstill says:

I told people about it and I’m sure others did too I’m not going to watch if u put something els on I am into it and others are too!

21. Wendy Petenbrink says:

My daughter and I looked forward to watching this on Tuesday nights. I wondered why it didn’t DVR last week. We want to see how it ended!

22. Kimberly Quarrella says:

I am very upset that fox would do this. Shame on you fox.

23. Sally says:

FOX does NOT CARE about its viewers!!!!!!
    I can’t believe Fox pulled the plug on this show halfway through, nice way to treat your viewers, NOT!
    NO more new shows for me on this channel, not worth the effort if they are going to end it without warning. At least have the decency to let the rest of the episodes air for those who were watching. The replacements are just filler that I won’t be watching.

24. Sandy says:

I guess stupid shows like Family guy matter more…it was fun and interesting…I don’t pick or choose much. Oh well thanks to on demand.

• suzanna murphy says:

That is really too bad. And to replace is with total trash like Family Guy is a travesty. I agree that “Harry” may not have been the best but it had some fine features. If it had not portrayed American girls as loud bluthering idiots it would have been better acccepted I think. I enjoyed the English refinement, castles and countryside… certainly better than Family Guy trash and garbage.

25. Muttix says:

This is the second new show that I tried to watch on Fox that got pulled. The first was Surviving Jack. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I won’t be watching any more new shows by Fox until they are well into their second or third season.

26. MR says:

They should have let it run it’s course. Come on – only 6 more weeks. It was funny and I was watching it. Not must see, but beat the heck out of a lot of fare on TV these days.

27. Erin says:

What? Why wasn’t this more popular? Yeah, the girls are dumb for believing Prince Harry would actually stoop to a reality dating show but isn’t that the point? To sit down on your couch, have an excuse to dumb down a little, and watch girls catfighting over a boy? Come on, these girls are no dumber than the girls on The Bachelor. Except I had no interest in The Bachelor/Bachelorette series but somehow this had me hooked! UGH the one reality show I get into gets canceled, of course.

28. Cindy says:

The show was completed in its entirety i just finished watching the remaining episodes in the fox app on my ipad. Im sure if you go to the fox channel online you should be able to see it too.

29. Susannah says:

I’ve been reading the comments expressing disappointment and I totally agree. I felt the worst for Nicole, who was looking forward to watching the next episode on her birthday! Fox has lost esteem in my eyes — if they decided not to renew the series, their choice, but to yank it off the air before their loyal viewers got to see the final episode was a low blow. I can hardly believe whatever show they had on in its place on Tuesday night did any better in the ratings.

To any Fox executives reading this: do you care about your viewers at all, or are we just walking dollar signs to you?

30. Sue Albright says:

I am very disappointed in the decision to cancel this series. The shows you are going to air instead are of absolutely no interest to me. You had me captivated with I Wanna Marry Harry. It was a fun a lighthearted show that I looked forward to watching week to week and I am in my 50’s. It was not just for the young crowd. I strongly feel that Fox should have run the entire series. Shame on Fox. As we recall the best advice our parents give us, one is…… FINISH WHAT YOU START.

31. Nicole Miguel says:

I am extremely disappointed with marry harry getting taken off. today is my birthday and all I wanted was to sit down and watch the new episode. I do not watch tv, at all! I don’t have time, but I wanna marry harry had me hooked and I don’t think ive even been so upset with a show being taken off before. To top it all off I cant even watch it online because its only available to the us. This sucks!!!!

• ravenred says:

Go to youtube..u can watch all episodes..commercial free…i did.

all in one night!! It was great!

• KCastile says:

Me, too. i just realized that I didn’t see the show last week and looked for it via the SEARCH feature on DVR and was able to watch the final three episodes all in one afternoon–much better than waiting it out. Some of you are writing as if the author of this article has blame, the publication–VARIETY or Fox. If a show has few viewers, advertiser’s don’t book that time slot. It would be like having the circus roll into town, nobody shows up, yet setting up every night, performing for no one and still expecting to be paid. If people don’t watch, they cannot keep the snow.
        I do agree with someone who mentioned DVR’s vs Nielson ratings. True, since I am also one of those individuals who watches NO live television, dvr’s everything and then I watch IF and WHEN I choose. I do believe, though that with the modern sophistication and intrusion of the internet, drones, etc., collecting data with every keystroke we type whether it be email or social media–all data is being collected. Of course my cable provider shares my viewing information with those who are willing to pay for it. They know what is recorded…that’s for sure. What they can’t be sure of? If I fell asleep, am in another room, or merely use a show as background noise in lieu of companionship.
        I enjoyed the possibility of the show–however silly it is–the idea that the royal family would in any way allow a family member to participate in a reality show, i.e., security risk aside–preposterous. I liked the idea that regardless of the girls’ beliefs and/or gullibility–in the end, I was please with the result. The last ten minutes made it all worthwhile. It is nice to watch a show where nobody dies, nothing explodes, we can still experience the reality of human nature and interconnectivity, and all while enjoying the beautiful scenery and the promise of love-forever-after.
        I would write here how happy I am to know that a particular kook didn’t win…unstable and weird. Oy… I don’t want to spoil the ending for those who will watching via ONDEMAND or youtube.

32. Amanda Hoffman says:

I too am very disappointed that Fox in their infinite wisdom decided to cancel ‘I wanna marry Harry’. Yes ,it was a no brain needed kind of show, but I thought Matt was very sweet , the girls were a different story ! They should have run the complete series . It was an easy , entertaining program to watch. Kingsley was great and Matt played the part well. Fingers up to Fox !!!

33. Best Reality Dating Show says:

I watched the rest of the show on Fox’s website… Great show with great ending! By far the best reality dating show I’ve seen. I’m thinking about watching the whole thing again before they take it down. Loved it!!

34. pist off says:

I’m pist and i like the ducking show was looking forward

35. 0kielovely says:

I’m VERY disappointed. I’ve never really cared for the royals & their life but this show really had me & looked forward to it every Tuesday until I went to my DVR & saw the newest episode haven’t been recorded, went to guide & still found nothing. Finally I looked up online & found this article stating it was pulled. All I can say is I’m pretty upset about this news. Fox should of at least let the show finish.

36. Heather Richardson says:

I was watching I wanna marry harry, damn it and could care less about Brooklyn 99

37. Scott says:

Unfortunately, FOX does this way too often. If a show doesn’t pull in at least 5 million viewers weekly, then they axe it and replace it with repeats of boring comedies and police dramas. At least Terra Nova made it through the first season before being cancelled, but this is why it’s very difficult to get into shows these days, because the networks have set certain expectations for the 18-49 demo and if the shows don’t meet the expectations, they get pulled before they finish.

38. candace says:

When you start a reality show you need to fin is it. Some people got into it.

39. Heather Richardson says:

I was watching damn it and could care less about Brooklyn 99

40. gabby says:

Put I wanna marry harry back on!!!

41. michele says:

I am so mad it is not on tonight. Fox is doing this to often and I am giving it up .
    You have the episodes ,put them on instead of stupid repeat shows.
    It was a fun innocent show and Matt you were terrific.

42. vanessa j. says:

Whoa…i was waiting for it to come in and i kept flicking through channels thinking i’d skipped it. I’ve been sucked in and now its over? :-(

43. was totally my guilty pleasure show :( oh well back to Big Brother I suppose once that starts airing.

44. Kristen says:

BRING IT BACK! Ruined my day. I was so looking forward to watching it today. I loved the show. Isn’t fair.

• Sue Albright says:

I totally agree with you. BRING IT BACK!!! I was so looking forward to watching the show on my DVR this morning. I work at night and watch the shows the next morning. I am not happy with Fox.

45. michele says:

I loved the show. Nielson knows nothing. I want my Harry back.

46. Enoch says:

That sucks. The show was completely obsurd and that is what I loved about it.

47. jessica says:

I love the show! keep it coming!!

48. Amber Oswald says:

I liked it..I don’t think its fair to not show us the rest and who he picked

49. Amber Oswald says:

I agree I liked it

50. deborah ewing says:

stepped over the line did’nt you? What? Did the real royal family complain?