Fox News Shifts ‘Sunday Housecall’ to Accommodate Bartiromo Show

Fox News Shifts 'Sunday Housecall' Accommodate

Fox News Channel will move its “Sunday Housecall” program to make room for Maria Bartiromo’s  new business-focused Sunday talk show.

Fox News said “Sunday Housecall” will now air at 12:30 p.m on Sundays, after previously airing at 10:30 a.m.

Bartiromo’s “Sunday Morning Futures” show is slated to debut Sunday, April 30.

Sunday Housecall is a weekly, half-hour program, hosted by Jamie Colby and Eric Shawn. They are joined weekly by medical experts Dr. David Samadi and Dr. Marc Siegel to bring viewers  medical news and analysis.

Samadi is the Chairman of the Department of Urology and Chief of Robotic Surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City and Siegel is an associate professor of medicine at NYU Langone Medical Center and as the Medical Director of Doctor Radio with NYU Langone and SiriusXM Satellite Radio.

The program has covered medical topics including: seasonal allergies and the potential effects of high-protein diets and sleep loss.

1. Mary Graf says:

I prefer Sunday Housecall.

2. J says:

What happened to the housecall show? I thought is was take off just because the election? It is a quality show that needs to return.

3. George Hart says:

OK, it is now 12:59AM looked for Sunday Housecall at 12:30 no show whats up?

4. Richard says:

OK, what happened to House Calls on Sundays? Did they get “Trumped” too. Talk about overdoses. Need the Doctors as neutralizer if nothing else.

5. Bobby Johnson says:

Have the Tv schedule in front of me and there is NO Sunday Housecall on it. Disappointing. Colorado Springs CO

6. Pat Johnson says:

I have solved the problem of having one of my favorite shows, Sunday Housecall, moved to a new time. I have set my DVR to record it every week. :)

• Marianne Arca says:

I wish I knew what the new time is??? We were disappointed not to find it our favorite show “Sunday House Call” this morning at the usual time of 12:30 pm ET. The website did not mention a different time slot either.

7. Barbara Katz says:

She did it again, interrupted Dr. Marc Siegel while he was giving an explanation on cancer and actually stopped him from making an important point. We watch this program for the experts opinions and do appreciate that the commentators have a job to do.
    Barbara and Alfred Katz

8. Barbara Katz says:

We have been watching Sunday House Call for many years and find it informative covering many medical areas of interest. We have told many friends about the doctors and they now are also faithful viewers. However, although the Eric and his partner (sorry I just cannot remember her name now) are too involved taking the short time that the program is on away from the doctors. We would love to have a longer time to view the doctors and respectfully, less time with the hosts.

9. We have watched Housecall since it was first shown at an earlier time of 7:30 am and it really cuts into our day but we have arranged things to keep watching, and enjoy Media Buzz and then Housecall, and then turn off TV and do something for Sunday like sailing, for example. We are sorry to have to do without the Doctors from now on. It would have been for many I am sure to move the program back to the 7:30 am spot rather than to presume that people are just sitting home all Sunday just to see the shows on Fox!

D S
    California

10. jeb prazak says:

Good Grief! The only day of the week NOT bombarded with financial news all day long so you go and move the doctors to another time so people with schedules around that show have to change?? Why would Fox move something that works(d) so well for so long for so many? AND replace Shep with Greata???? Come on Fox…you are going to lose a whole lot of fans if you keep changing everything. You are not a department store or grocery that needs to constantly change up displays to tweak interest. Fire your bean counters and leave well enough alone!! Dependability certainly is a rarity these days.

11. Chiip Pierce says:

My wife and I are very dissatisfied with the move FOX made for Sunday Housecall. There is no way we will watch at the new time period. Why is Fox moving programming around to suit Maria Bartiromo. First Varney on the weekdays was moved to accommodate her and now you move her into the 10am Sunday slot. Hey… I have an idea, get rid of your info-mercial at 10am on FBN and move her there….

12. Lee says:

Don’t we have enough financial shows on Fox on Saturday morning without having to add another on Sunday morning. Why move the Drs. to another time? I live in the central time zone, I watched Sunday House Call just before leaving for Sunday School every Sunday morning. At least now I make it to Sunday School on time, because I used to wait to see the last comments by the Drs. Now I really don’t care about the last word from Sunday Morning Futures.

13. John Poisal says:

4/5/14…Just checked out cable system (Broadstripe) channels for Fox today and do not see where House Calls is identified. Great show. Would hate to see it be eliminated. Keep it please

14. Yvonne Smith says:

We are very disappointed in this time change. We appreciate House Calls and have learned so much from the doctors. The new time is while we are in church.

15. I enjoyed Housecall for so many years now. Am very sorry that you changed time. Do enjoy Maria Bartiromo, but not on Sunday a.m. Please do not ever cancel Housecall. Love them all for their sensible medical advice.

16. Caro, Treff says:

Put that boring show on at 12:30 AM……Miss house calls in the morning……

17. Please keep SUNDAY HOUSE CALL in the morning segments of the News. More audience. We will be at church when they “reappear”, and consequently cannot watch. A business oriented program (Maria) is more well suited for afternoon or on the predominately FBN (which we don’t get anymore because we downgraded $$ our DTV Account). Valuable medical info and bantering which was educational and enlightening.
    Thanks

18. Theresa M. McDevitt says:

I am disappointed Fox is moving Sunday Housecalls to 12:30 p.m. Eastern (9:30 a.m. Pacific), because the current time works better for me. I will be in church at the new time. I am not one to record than watch it later. Why can’t Fox have left well enough alone?

Why is Fox News and Fox Business changing their schedules? They cancelled Dagan and Connell show, as well as Tracey Byrnes show . They brought in Maria Bartiroma, whom I do not like and have her on five days a week on FBN and beginning April 30, 2014, a weekly program on FNC. I will NOT be watching her at all.

I do not like the fact that Fox did let their viewers know of the new Sunday changes on FNC, ahead of the changes. After Fox and Friends Weekend, I will not be watching the network, until I return home from church.

Why could not Fox leave well enough alone?

Theresa M. McDevitt
    714-470-7763

19. Donna Marsh says:

I do hope that Fox will continue the 30 minute program! It’s provided my husband and I a lot of valuable medical information over the last few years. My husband has renal cell cancer that metastised to his bones. He was diagnosed 14 months ago. Thank you Fox News for proving us with this educational and important program!
    Respectfully,
    Donna C. Marsh
    Newalla, Oki

• John Balazs says:

What happened to Sunday Morning Housecall? Today, 4/17/2016, I anxiously awaited the show at 12:30 PM, EST, since FOX did not announce another change in time. However, the show was not on. Why? I’m very disappointed. Wa hoppend?.