Discovery To Launch Tenth Season of ‘Deadliest Catch’ April 22

“Deadliest Catch” Discovery Channel

Discovery Channel’s “Deadliest Catch” is set to launch its tenth season on the network starting Tuesday, April 22, on Discovery Channel at 9 p.m.eastern. The reality series shows life aboard fishing vessels in the Bering Sea in the midst of crab-fishing season.

Series is  produced for Discovery Channel by Original Productions, a Fremantle Media company.  For Original Productions, exec producers are Thom Beers, Jeff Conroy and John Gray.  Co-executive producer is R. Decker Watson, Jr.  For Discovery Channel, executive producer is David Pritikin.

The new season is likely to focus in part on Josh Harris, son of the late Phil Harris who led the ship Cornelia Marie, and Mandy Hansen, daughter of Sig Hansen, who oversees the ship F/V Northwestern.

To help viewers catch up on the series, Discovery will air a special recap episode  9 PM on Tuesday, April 15.  Discovery said  a series of one-hour pre-game shows, called “The Bait,” will also return, beginning at 8 p.m. eastern on April 22.  “The Bait” will offer an inside look at the series’ newest episode, from the view of various captains.

1. JUDY[KETTLE]SCHULTZ says:

CORNELIA MARIE HAS MY ATTENTION THIS YEAR WITH JOSH AND JAKE AT THE HELM . RIP PHIL HARRIS, YOU WERE THE BEST. 2ND FAV, THE TIME BANDIT AND THE BROTHERS.

2. Jan L says:

Love this show. The Time Bandit crew is my favorite.

3. Dee180 says:

Love this show go northwestern

4. Pat Martello says:

Can’t wait for the new season. Did the Deadliest Catch Excursion when we were in Ketchikan two years ago. Wish I was 35 years younger. Go Northwestern!!!!

5. Barb says:

Best show on TV!! Yippee!

6. Nancy Jacobs says:

best show on tv always ends leaving you to want more. it show the hardness of this job and the people that live it and work so hard. keep it up want more and more of this program, feel like i know these people

7. can not wait.I love this show

8. I am so excited! This is the best show!

9. sissy says:

would love to see it but I no longer have the channel because the price of having satilite and cable is far too expensive for someone on a set income

10. Suzanne Whitford says:

What exactly does Mandy Hansen do? Can’t wait for the new season. Been watching since the beginning.

11. Eric says:

Are they just trying to tease us. Josh is family. I hope Sig and others gave them crap.

• I am a 61 year old woman that enjoys the show.i worked on my aunts charter boat in Oregon and was sea sick the whole time but I like the crews on all the boats and the competition between them. I think the johansen brothers are my favorite but I like you all .keep up the fishing.a devoted viewer graceann
      p.s. I miss phil off the cornelia marie.keep going josh and you will have your dads boat going gain.

12. Aurora says:

It’s true that Josh Harris and the Cornelia Marie will NOT be shown during king crab season, but between kings and opies they struck a deal. The Cornelia will be on the second half of this upcoming season.

13. Sue Bye says:

We’ll have to wait a bit longer down here at the bottom of the world but for us it is ‘must see’ viewing. Can’t wait – glad to know there is a new series coming. :-).

14. Terri Hampton says:

So excited to watch now that Josh Harris and the Cornelia Marie will be back on the show where they belong!

15. aspieeyes says:

Can’t wait that long lol I absolutely <3 this show!

16. Kate Richards says:

Absolutely can’t wait! It’s the best reality show on TV!

17. Sandra says:

I’m so ready for it to be back on.

18. Toni says:

I read on twitter maybe a month ago that Josh’s boat would be featured on the show.

19. Actually, Josh said on his FB and Instagram feeds that DSC opted not to film him this year, so it won’t focus on him at all.

20. Sheila Donnelly says:

YAY YAY YAY!!!!! I’ve been waiting forever!

21. Eric says:

Can’t wait for season 10!! But After the Catch was so much better than The Bait.

22. glenn says:

I cant wait for season 10! Wicked tuna has nothing on the deadliest catch!

23. Love this show I hope that it never goes off the air, I can’t hardly wait for the next season to begin.

24. Elmo says:

It has been a long year with out my dose of D/C

25. Joy burns says:

Can’t wait. Absolutely love this shiw

26. Pete says:

Very happy Deadliest Catch is back. Been my fav TV show since the beginning. :)

27. Mike says:

I thought Josh Harris didn’t come to terms with Discovery’s offer.

28. Beth says:

I love this show with all of its’ pluses & negatives, it is still good entertainment!

29. Denise Wiley says:

I can hardly wait to see our hero’s of the Deadliest Catch this season! They truly deserve the money they make for spareing their lives for us crab lovers to be able to enjoy one of our favorite delicacies! God bless each and every one of them for another great season of Deadliest Catch!

30. John Crawford says:

They better do another season!!!!!! If they wouldn’t have I would’ve boycotted buying Alaskan king crab legs…..(yeah right)

31. Ed Davis says:

So no real facts… just rumors and teases to watch what WAS the best show on TV.

32. Thom Burke says:

I really lost a lot of respect for The Wizard last season with Freddy’s behavior. I hope they didn’t contract with them for this season.

33. Evelyn says:

I was afraid it was over…so happy as my husband and myself love the show and concept

34. James Martin says:

hell yea bring it on i love that show

35. John Thorner says:

When will this be shown in the UK please? I’m a massive fan and a format crab boat captain

36. Mike O'Brien says:

The Number One Best show. Can’t wait.

37. CPR says:

How could it focus on Josh Harris when Josh & Jake announced that they would not be part of the show before the season started because they could not come to an agreement with Discovery?

38. Josh Harris announced in September that Discovery did not option the Cornelia Marie for season 10. To my knowledge, that has not changed and they will not be the focus. One of the only reasons I watch is the Cornelia Marie and hopes that Jake get’s clean and follows a path much like his brother.

39. J says:

What happened to Sig’s brother taking over cause this Mandy has never been on the show before so quite the middle finger to the brother IMO?

40. Daryn says:

According to Josh Harris, he isn’t on the show this season, they didn’t offer him a contract.

41. LuAnn D says:

love Deadliest Catch

42. . says:

So glad the show will be back on. I love people who work for their $, and these people sure do. It usually starts in March and I was beginning to worry about the show, can’t believe it’s been on for 9 years. Deadliest Catch is my favorite show all year.

43. J. Howland says:

Josh Harris has already made a public statement that he and the cornelia marie will not be featured on deadliest catch this year. I am curious as to where the information for this article was obtained?