Courtney Love Joins ‘Sons of Anarchy’ for Final Season

Courtney love Sons of Anarchy
John Lamparski/WireImage

FX’s “Sons of Anarchy” continues its casting for its final season with Courtney Love on board, Variety has confirmed.

The rocker will join the show for a multi-episode arc as Ms. Harrison—the pre-school teacher of Jax’s (Charlie Hunnam) eldest son Abel.

Her character plays a pivotal role as she takes a special interest in Abel, which will most likely catch the attention of Abel’s mother, series regular Drea de Matteo.

This will be Love’s TV drama debut. The Hole frontwoman has starred opposite Jim Carrey in “Man on the Moon” and has been nominated  for a Golden Globe for “The People vs. Larry Flynt.”

Love is the second rock icon to join the show’s seventh and final season — Marilyn Manson has been cast in a recurring role as a white supremacist. It’s also been announced that “Justified’s” Walton Goggins will return to his guest starring role as transgender prostitute Venus.

Love makes her debut in episode four. “Sons of Anarchy” is set to premiere this fall.

TVLine first reported the news.

1. Lisa Stroming says:

Sooo glad the show is coming back on. Really missed it. To be left hanging with Tara getting arrested. Oh gosh, what will she do?????????? I can’t even remember what the last season was. Guess I’ll have to binge a couple shows to get back into the groove. LOL! Seriously, glad your back!

2. Come on people now, smile on your brother. Everybody get together, try to love one another right nowww.. I love the idea of #CourtneyLove on #SOA #PEACE

3. Rosie Sieben says:

Please mr. Director make it last series please, please I love, love, love Son of Anachy. I love all the characters please. Don’t be this last episode at least make more episode to 20 more episode please? I’ m begging you. I am so lonely with out my Son of Anarchy show. I have to watch the last 3 season on the episode 6 over and over again. Please, what do I do to make you make more Son of Anarchy TV show? Please?!

4. rqzti says:

“Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson . . .” “You get what you give.”

5. Amy tumbleson says:

No not last season I look forward to this show I love it and I’m not the only one

6. tara says:

For those saying they havent seen marilyn manson….you wont untill season 7 starts hes never been in it before now

7. tara says:

Shes a murderer and does not deserve any fame…especially in a show as big as SOA…

8. jim keegan says:

Do these idiots in Variety ever think about getting their facts straight before posting BS?
    Henry Rollins played a white supremacist, not Marilyn Manson.

• Dara says:

He will be playing a white supremist in season 7. He has been cast. Jax meets him in prison. Henry was great, Manson, hmm… we will see.

9. riccardo paolinelli says:

SOA is my favourite show…. with that bitch of courtney love now i lost interest

10. Lisa Marie Moore says:

AWESOME! So looking forward to last Season! 👍😎

11. J. Ballar says:

That is awful that you would cast her on the show…. She is tired & sloppy…. I love SOA but I think this was the wrong call..

12. michele says:

Courtney Love was wonderful in “200 Cigarettes,” a great and sadly underrated movie.

13. ray allore says:

Henry Rollins is a rock icon on the show, I’ve yet to see Marilyn Manson though.

14. Cherry says:

Oh, could you not? It’s the last season – focus on sorting out the characters that are already in it. Stop adding ‘famous friends’ Sutter… I love you to shit but this crap is ridiculous.

15. Surprised to see her playing a school teacher. She’d make a better strung-out biker slut.

16. Ashlyn Rose says:

CL may be a good actress but is flakey like LiLo. This is one of the best shows on TV. It doesn’t need bad press.

17. Ric Rosales says:

I believe this last season is gonna leave everyone speechless. But lead to something bigger for all to love. Thanks Kurt Sutter and cast! Roc on

18. Carrow says:

She’s a surprisingly good actress.

• jim keegan says:

Not really. She was pretty much just portraying herself in The People Vs Larry Flynt. If you can a Golden Globe nomination for portraying yourself, then a Golden Globe isn’t really worth sh!t.

19. DC says:

Unless Courtney gets into a too clingy to be healthy relationship with Jax, then pays someone to murder him with a shotgun and make it appear to be a suicide, then gets away with it while the nation weeps, I have no interest in seeing her on this outstanding series.

20. Kimber Duer says:

I can’t wait to see what happens this season. I hate it’s the last. I’m embarrassed to admit I didn’t watch SONS until this last yr but I WAS HOOKED! I’ve watched all the episodes so many times I talk SONS in my sleep lol. I’m on pins & needles abt Gemma. Well, now that Jax will have all that free time after this season, I am sure I can find something for him to do.. that man is yummy! This seasons line up is gonna be fun. Marilyn Manson, Courtney Love, OH YEAH, IT’S GONNA ROCK!

21. Kimber Duer says:

I can’t wait to see what happens this season. I hate it’s the last. I’m embarrassed to admit I didn’t watch SONS until this last yr but I WAS HOOKED! I’ve watched all the episodes so many times I talk SONS in my sleep lol. I’m on pins & needles abt Gemma. Well, now that Jax will have all that free time after this season, I am sure I can find something for him to do.. that man is yummy! This seasons line upnis gonna be fun. Marilyn Manson, Courtney Love, OH YEAH, IT’S GONNA ROCK!