Chelsea Handler’s Star-Studded Finale: Celebrities Gather to Sing for ‘Lately’ Host (VIDEO)

Jennifer Aniston, Miley Cyrus, Melissa McCarthy, Dave Grohl, Sandra Bullock, 50 Cent and Gwen Stefani were among the many celebrities who gathered to send off late night host Chelsea Handler on her final E! talk show.

Handler, who is moving to Netflix, was also joined by Selena Gomez, Gerard Butler, Wiz Khalifa, Chloe Moretz, Johnny Knoxville and Fergie, among a slew of other stars, for their “We Are the World”-esque performance of “Roll Yourself a Joint and Have a Drink.”

“I’m really really appreciative to E! for giving me this opportunity to do the show, and I never really got a chance to be serious and say thank you,” she told the audience.

“I’ll see you on Netflix!”

Earlier in the show, Bullock and Aniston staged an intervention for the late night host alongside fellow friend Mary McCormack.

The trio joked that Handler’s move to Netflix was code for rehab.

“Netflix is a wonderful facility where you’ll be able to get all the help you need,” they told her.

Cyrus performed a version of Roy Orbison’s “It’s Over,” while Ellen DeGeneres appeared in a “Nude Shower Fight” segment.

Later, Handler was surprised by former lover, rapper 50 Cent, who also performed for the live audience.

“I did end our relationship abruptly,” she admitted to the the rapper. “I wanted you to know I have not dated a black man since.”

“They say when you go black you can’t go back, well I came running back.”

1. Naomi says:

It was awful.

• Mavis Davis says:

I agree. Just about the worst episode I’ve seen. Chelsea, a good-looking woman, looked the worst in white.

She’s good at lampooning the news and the rest, not so much.

2. Jacques Strappe says:

I didn’t know there were that many famous people who actually cared about this woman. Handler is tough celebrity to categorize. I rarely find her funny but rather it’s the people who interact with her and insult her who are funny. Handler is a little scary in her bossy, monotone sarcasm. I find her mostly unlikeable but like an horrific accident scene, it is hard to look away.

• TV101 says:

Handler isn’t for everyone but I do think she is a talented comedienne her timing and “regular speak” just flow from her uncensored mouth. Sure she has writers who put words into that mouth but I’ve heard Handler leads the charge, suggest things, etc. plus let’s not forget there is a talent for keeping a television show, with many different personalities running. That is a special talent people always forget that because its made to look so easy — if you’re good at it. I didn’t like Handler when I first started watching the show but she grew on me. I liked the way she’d ball bust celebrities and certain guys and — to me she was laugh out loud funny on more than one occasion. It’s a brand and style you just either like or you don’t. She is well liked in most of the Hollywood community. I had a feeling the haters would come out on her but really take the hate and complaints elsewhere lol – she could give a crap.

3. I cannot think of a more annoying ‘tv personality’ than chelsea handler. i actually tip my hat to her b/c she found enough people to help her career find some footing, even if that means the awful E!.

i just don’t get the appeal – at all. but good luck on netflix.

4. TV101 says:

Great finale, looks like they pulled in some extra cameras for it reminding us how huge that stage actually is, you know – the one NBCU spent millions on for Conan O’Brien’s Tonight Show? . For now its hats off to Handler. Whether you like her comedy or not you can’t deny the mark she’s made in supporting comedians and being part of a small group of female late night hosts. We’ll see if this Netflix thing works out.

5. Alan Smithee says:

Did any of you notice that BUZZ ALDRIN was amongst the cameo guests at the end when they were singing ??!! Amazing . I love Chelsea . She’s way ahead of her time / contemporaries .

6. Margaret Flynn says:

Fun! What a great send off :)