CBS Plans Another ‘Criminal Minds’ Spinoff

Criminal Minds Ratings

CBS is trying once again to spin off a series from its highly successful show “Criminal Minds.”

The spinoff, which will launch as a planted episode of “Criminal Minds” later this season, will focus on an elite FBI team of profilers who work abroad. Showrunner Erica Messer will write and exec produce the episode. Casting is now in progress.

This isn’t the first time a spinoff has been attempted for the ABC Studios drama. “Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior” debuted in February 2011 but lasted only 13 episodes.

1. Jeff says:

This show just got 1,000 times better once I found out Gary Sinise was going to be the head of the FBI team!

2. Helen Wright says:

who cares as long as they don’t find another dude in Europe to say ‘baby girl’ fifty thousand times

3. Jessica Hunt says:

If it is as good as criminal minds bau…. Then it b GREAT!!!!! 😍

4. shari darby says:

I also think you should leave well enough alone. The cast and writers are stupendous. Only disappointment is Hewitt. I don’t think she is up to the task to blend in with the others. All the others are like extended limbs of the same body. Have loved the show from the first. Losing Paget Brewster was tough, but Jeanne Tripplehorm was a definite plus. I think Jennifer Love Hewitt should go back to her Ghost Whispers show and bring back one of the others.

5. Maryann Dorang says:

i think you should let good enough alone. I love Criminal Minds but it is because of the chemistry between Derek, Penelope, Reed, Rossi, JJ and Hutch. If anything let this BAU Team handle some cases abroad. There is an old saying; “if it’s not broke, don’t fix it”.

You will never be able to duplicate this group of profilers. They make the show believe able. Please condider my opinion, you might end up regretting the spin off. CBS has the perfect combination in the above characters. Let this BAU Team solve all your cases.

Loving my Criminal Minds Profilers,
    Maryann

6. Yes, It is a good idea trying another spin-off. I do enjoy Criminal Minds. How the characters interact like a caring loving family. The other show did not have that.

7. Ronnie says:

Love Criminal Minds–Not gonna be as good–nothing will–bring back Giddio!

8. jennifer Thomas says:

Im not so sure it will or any spin-off would ever measure up to Criminal Minds…maybe if they have an explosive cast or storyline it MIGHT work…but lets face it, aint noone gna outshine the ‘A-Squad!!’ :)

9. Donna Duyck says:

Loved the first spin off with Forrest Whitaker and the cast were great. Never know what the networks decide though; love CM all those characters are really good together.

10. Susan Giammarrino says:

I Hope it lasts longer than the 1st one did!

11. Susan says:

Well, the new show won’t have Shemar Moore in it…….what more can one say!!!!!

12. Donna Veccia says:

ncis has 3. i love all of them but mostly the spin off ncis La. so if the producers were as talented as mark harmon, i can see a spin off of Criminal minds, Just follow the successful people and you will have a winner

13. shayna says:

bring emily back for the spinoff show

14. Manuela Nascimento says:

ABC can produce all spinoffs, but nothing compares to original cast of caracters! The Group is amazing and intereracts perfectely! No way! :)

15. Bring Emily back as a lead and I would watch it all day long. The first spin off was wonderful perhaps a bit dark in the filming (lighting) otherwise it was a great show.

16. Kristen says:

I don’t think they need to do another spinoff of criminal minds the first spinoff didn’t work they need to figure out something else to do like give Reid a girlfriend

17. John says:

The original is “abroad” as well. I think the thing that hurt the last spinoff was Forrest Whitaker. He has a tendency to way over act. It was like watching David Caruso in CSI Miami. A lot of his performance was groan worthy.

18. Caroline says:

The other one failed because it’s hard to improve on perfection!

19. Marla says:

It should be an interesting show. I do not understand why Suspect Behavior di not succeed. Everyone I know that watched it liked it.

20. Vicki says:

Since it’s abroad, it might be an opportunity to have Prentiss involved. After all, she is abroad too! Would love that, she was one of my faves!

21. Rachel says:

I’ll be interested to see what they do here. I loved Suspect Behavior, and absolutely adore the original show. I think it could be fantastic if they do it right and pull together a good cast, though setting it abroad seems a little odd to me. Guess we’ll see!

22. Can’t see why they want to bother. It’s the cast/characters that make CM what it is, and you can’t duplicate that in a spin-off

23. Paula says:

I would love it. I know it will taking some getting used to as I am sure there will be new actors… but Kate’s character and Baby girl and Morgans characters should help transition…

24. mgpogue says:

I Think it could work, the first one was OK , Forest Whitaker is a awesome actor but he did not fit that show. @tvmediajunkie on twitter

25. tal g says:

it is a way to get rid of the original pricey show with a cheap show. the problem is the cost of the stars. with a new criminal minds they can get rid of the stars and get new cheap actors with the same rating

• craig says:

I think a spin off would be stupid. I just got use to all the great actors they have now. They go cutting actors im gonna stop watching it. The last spin off had such low ratings it wasn’t funny. Pay the actors in this cast and stop trying to save a buck on getting rid of perfect actors we already have on the show. It would be nice if you bring back Emily and give reed a girlfriend again.

• Theresa says:

Not necessarily. CBS is a network with a great fondness for spinning off their successful dramas – NCIS has gotten two spin offs, and so has CSI. Criminal Minds is late to the party on this one.