Asian-American Channel Myx TV to Debut First Original Reality Series (EXCLUSIVE)

Myx TV, the English-language Asian-American entertainment channel, will debut its first reality series, Variety has learned.

Titled “I’m Asian-American and …,” the 10-episode docu-series will focus on the Asian-American diaspora, promising to show the “lives of very different, very real people.” Each episode will follow a different person, including a lawyer who fights human trafficking, someone who does not identify as male or female, and a triplet whose siblings are autistic.

The show is produced by Thirsty Tiger Television and partners and executive producers Valerie Chow and Stephen Goetsch, (TLC’s “I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant,” Food Network’s “The Chef Jeff Project”).

The show premieres at 8 p.m. on April 23.

Launched in 2007, Myx TV is available on a variety of cable providers in addition to on demand on over-the-top services.

1. Charlie says:

Why did I only hear about this now???

2. Katrina says:

Okay… I have to watch this since it’s from the producers of I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant! I loved that show!

3. ackerman says:

For Tess SSS: It’s really obvious that that part is a jump-cut. The camera angle and zoom changes in a way that doesn’t line up UNLESS EDITED and there’s a huge pause that shouldn’t be there in the sentance.

4. Tess SSS says:

For Mina – Do you personally know the girl that you would easily conclude that what you heard was scrambled? Are you related to her? Why call for a boycott right away?

5. MIna says:

I think that it’s despicable how they made that young lady seem racist! They took her words, scrambled them, and turned them into trash. This kind of marketing is never ok. Now your have an outraged community harassing this girl for something that she didn’t even do. Pure rubbish. I think there should be a boycott.

• Tracey Avril says:

There was no scrambling of her words it was one continuous clip. She said that comment about darker skinned Lolitas and now she has to deal with the consequences.

6. Mark says:

I really don’t watch reality shows but I have to say this looks really interesting! I will definitely tune in. I checked my cable provider and Myx TV is available here in NYC. Hope it doesn’t disappoint!

7. Zoey says:

Finally, a show about real Asian Americans! Considering how there are so many, I’m surprised this hasn’t been done yet . Way to get with the times Myx TV! Kudos to you!

8. Tess SSS says:

Happy to know that there will be a show that focuses on the lives of Asian-Americans. Very interesting. Good luck and congratulations!