Alyssa Milano Leaves ‘Mistresses’

alyssa-milano-mistresses

Alyssa Milano is departing “Mistresses,” the actress announced today, saying that the ABC drama’s plans to move production from Los Angeles to Vancouver for the recently announced third season would be too hard on her home life.

“Being a mother and wife comes first and I just can not uproot my children and separate the family by moving away,” Milano wrote on her personal blog.

An ABC source confirmed Milano’s departure. The summer sudser aired its second season finale in September.

1. Loni says:

I am disappointed. She was the reason I watched the show. But I understand that family comes first. I wish her well. Look forward to her next project.

2. zyggie says:

Alyssa is a new mom again and is putting her family first which is refreshing. One question for Gustoavo, why is it necessary for all caps? come on, are you 12. And by the way Shannon D. has nothing to do with Karma on Alyssa if that’s the case, everyone Shannon worked with has Karma following them? So, think about it and let go of the shouting, it solves nothing nor impress no one.

3. Zface says:

I’m very sad. Only reason I started watching the show was for Alyssa.

4. donna says:

To Shannon – whoops, I mean Gustavo:

You have no idea what you’re talking about. When Alyssa worked on Who’s The Boss, she was a child. Now she has children, including a newborn. She had to make a choice between her husband/children and her job. She’s not the first to choose home life over work and won’t be the last.
    I applaud her for wanting to be with her family.

5. Michael Anthony says:

She was a child/teen when she was on “Boss”. She just recently gave birth to another baby. Thus, she now has husband and small children. Get it?
    I agree, quit your yelling! It makes u look like an ignorant fool. And guess what? Nobody Cates what you allege. If it is the truth, better call the tabloids with your scoop and make some money. Of course, they’d probably laugh u out the door!;

6. Nostalgic Insider says:

1st of all, stop yelling at everyone. Second, your ridiculous outburst is one of a handful of reasons that Variety.com should have stayed behind a paywall! I miss those days of primarily industry conversation!